70 Years Ago Today

autigeremt

That never ceases to shock the conscience.

I've always admired the foresight of Eisenhower to order such a strict means of documentation of the camps in order to widely disseminate their existence and depth of evil, encourage the troops for the final push towards Berlin, and--most importantly--to head off any ridiculous claims that these atrocities didn't actually occur.

Staged.

Famine caused by the allies

Yeah, but the Jews are doing exactly the same today in Palestine , only worse !

That never ceases to shock the conscience.

I've always admired the foresight of Eisenhower to order such a strict means of documentation of the camps in order to widely disseminate their existence and depth of evil, encourage the troops for the final push towards Berlin, and--most importantly--to head off any ridiculous claims that these atrocities didn't actually occur.

He was a darn good leader that's for sure.

Saw a list of leaders who caused the most civilian deaths. Hitler came in 3rd with 17 million including 6 millions Jews. Then Stalin with 23 million. He tried to starve the Ukrainians and sent others to labor camps to die. Mao is estimated to have killed between 50 and 78 million civilians by execution and labor camps. At least Hitler was forced to commit suicide. Mao and Stalin died in their beds of natural causes.

Not one American serviceman/woman was killed in combat while Ike was POTUS. He hated war. If you ever get the chance go to his boyhood home library, museum, and final resting chapel in Abilene, Kansas

http://www.kansastravel.org/eisenhower.htm

Staged.

Famine caused by the allies

Yeah, but the Jews are doing exactly the same today in Palestine , only worse !

I actually know people that think exactly like that. I have one very good friend, if you mention the words Jews or Israel in front of him, he will have a puddle of spit in front of him in 20 minutes.

DKW - and he's a good friend of yours ? Hell, that's worse than being friends with a bammer. Oh, lemmie guess...IS he a bammer ?

Not one American serviceman/woman was killed in combat while Ike was POTUS. He hated war. If you ever get the chance go to his boyhood home library, museum, and final resting chapel in Abilene, Kansas

http://www.kansastra.../eisenhower.htm

Not true.

DKW - and he's a good friend of yours ? Hell, that's worse than being friends with a bammer. Oh, lemmie guess...IS he a bammer ?

He has a JD from turdville..yes he is.

AUTmike...I really can't argue about that but unless I am mistaken they say that in videos at his museum. It stuck with me.

I don't know what it says at his museum, but that's definitely incorrect, regardless.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/may/10/doris-kearns-goodwin/doris-kearns-goodwin-says-no-us-combat-deaths-unde/

Either way he was an outstanding leader and someone who was able to barter a truce (still in existence today) to stop the Korean War.

Archived