Jody Wright Back to Alabama....Remember this guy?

rtftiger

Wright went from Mississippi State under Mullen (during Cam's recruitment) to Alabama in time to reportedly be interviewed by the NCAA. He left Tuscaloosa for UAB. Well, he's back in Tuscaloosa. In other words, he continues to be employed by the University of Alabama system.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20101116/news/101119725

From November 2010

TUSCALOOSA | Jody Wright, a graduate assistant for the University of Alabama football program, has been interviewed by the NCAA regarding the recruitment of Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, a source has confirmed to The Tuscaloosa News.

UA declined to comment in an official statement: “Any questions regarding NCAA activities should be directed to the NCAA.”

Stacy Osburn, associate director for public and media relations for the NCAA, also declined to comment by e-mail: “It is NCAA policy that we cannot comment on current, pending or potential investigations.”

Wright was previously an assistant athletics director overseeing football operations at Mississippi State under coach Dan Mullen and would have been part of the MSU staff at the time of Newton's recruitment, which has come under scrutiny in recent weeks.

The nature of information the NCAA sought from Wright remains unclear.

Newton's recruitment first came into question in reports by the New York Times and ESPN.com in which former Mississippi State quarterback John Bond said he was approached by a representative of Newton's about arranging for payment for Newton to sign with the Bulldogs in violation of NCAA rules.

Osburn, the NCAA spokesperson, made it clear that Auburn will decide whether to play Newton against Alabama in the Iron Bowl on Nov. 26. The NCAA's investigation into Newton's recruitment and published allegations that Newton's father solicited payment during his recruitment cannot prompt collegiate athletics' governing body to take any action.

"The decision to rule a student-athlete ineligible is made by the university, not the NCAA," Osburn said via e-mail. "We do not suspend student-athletes. It is a school action. The university can then seek reinstatement on behalf of the student-athlete and reinstatement decisions are made by the NCAA."

"assistant athletics director overseeing football operations at Mississippi State under coach Dan Mullen"

Under? That doesnt sound right.

SOBan has had two players decommit in the last two days...must have known this guy was coming back to head up "player development". :bananadance:

Who cares, honestly?

Fair enough. However, I've believed (without any real evidence) since 2010 that he was a key part of all of the Cam stuff. Mississippi State, as we saw, had no interest in the full story being told.

Who cares, honestly?

Fair enough. However, I've believed (without any real evidence) since 2010 that he was a key part of all of the Cam stuff. Mississippi State, as we saw, had no interest in the full story being told.

He was. Conspired with Dan Mullen and his wh*re wife about the whole thing. That is the sole reason I can't stand Mullen.

SOBan has had two players decommit in the last two days...must have known this guy was coming back to head up "player development". :bananadance:/>

Which two?

Who cares, honestly?

You're kidding right?

There was a time in '10 that he was public enemy number one around here. This hire might confirm that Wright was put into the REC witness protection program around the time the smoke started coming from Starkville.

SOBan has had two players decommit in the last two days...must have known this guy was coming back to head up "player development". :bananadance:

Is it possible to be processed before even being on campus?

Who cares, honestly?

You're kidding right?

There was a time in '10 that he was public enemy number one around here. This hire might confirm that Wright was put into the REC witness protection program around the time the smoke started coming from Starkville.

I just hope this guy doesn't fall up a flight of stairs with all the stuff he may know.

Who cares, honestly?

He was. Conspired with Dan Mullen and his wh*re wife about the whole thing. That is the sole reason I can't stand Mullen.

Well that's uncalled for...

Is it possible to be processed before even being on campus?

You may be on to something...

Who cares, honestly?

Well that's uncalled for...

I agree.

Archived