Someone should make a Marshall career highlights video

Dual-Threat Rigby

It'd be pretty nice and you'd have something to look back at if this whole cornerback situation stays.

Marshall is going to go down as one of the most dynamic quarterbacks to play in the SEC, EVER. I think Malzahn Truly got the most out of Marshall, where if he had been at another school he would have been grossly under utilized. We as Auburn fans have been spoiled.

Damn he could do the read option the best I've ever seen

if it only it was still a real staple of this offense

It was a real staple of the offense. Because we ran it for 2 years. Haven't you learned that his tweaks the offense to the talent that he has.

I dont think he had an opportunity to actually read the DE this past season like he did in 2013. Even though commentators were saying that they didn't think he was reading the DE the entire time in 2013 either.

Watching those makes that loss in Pasadena hurt even more. Thank you for all you did Nick; you were a winner.

It was a real staple of the offense. Because we ran it for 2 years. Haven't you learned that his tweaks the offense to the talent that he has.

if you think we ran the read option in 2014, you didn't watch the games my friend....

Classic :-\/>

you can probably count how many times Nick actually read the DL on two hands this entire season

never was a big NM fan.

I think JJ is going to outshine him with a quickness. Kid can run (near as good as NM) and pass (much better than NM)

JJ may have speed, but he has no burst, and not nearly the lateral quickness of Nick. NM was the human embodiment of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

NM also missed WR's that were constantly open due to overthrows or ill spotted throws.

The talent our WR corp had this year was insane, imagine what Jason C would have done with them.

JJ to Duke next season is gonna be something everyone sees, and loves.... not just AU fans.

NM also missed WR's that were constantly open due to overthrows or ill spotted throws.

The talent our WR corp had this year was insane, imagine what Jason C would have done with them.

JJ to Duke next season is gonna be something everyone sees, and loves.... not just AU fans.

Who knows what Campbell would've done? It would've been a different system entirely as Campbell doesn't have the arm strength of a Marshall nor the speed. Likely would've been more short intermediate routes which do not favor Sammie Coates the same. Would he have had more success? probably, but he was also working as a D1 QB longer. Marshall in his second year was pretty nice and the times where he had a healthy Sammie and Duke he looked very very nice. No reason to just dump on Nick like most of the passing issues were his fault

Who knows what Campbell would've done? It would've been a different system entirely as Campbell doesn't have the arm strength of a Marshall nor the speed. Likely would've been more short intermediate routes which do not favor Sammie Coates the same. Would he have had more success? probably, but he was also working as a D1 QB longer. Marshall in his second year was pretty nice and the times where he had a healthy Sammie and Duke he looked very very nice. No reason to just dump on Nick like most of the passing issues were his fault

Truth is.... Unless we know the play call and the progression. We don't have a clue about where the ball is suppose to be thrown. Unless it is just and overthrow on a deep ball which seemed to happen a lot more this year.

I wouldn't be so sold on JJ being OVERALL better. We seriously need to put into perspective what NM accomplished in his 2 years here. JJ is certainly a better passer but A CGM offense is often most successful with a mobile QB.

I too wish we would have finished of that storybook year in 2013. Marshall deserves a championship, along with others of course.

I too wish we would have finished of that storybook year in 2013. Marshall deserves a championship, along with others of course.

Multitude of factors that went into that championship L but for the most part, Marshall did no wrong.

never was a big NM fan.

I think JJ is going to outshine him with a quickness. Kid can run (near as good as NM) and pass (much better than NM)

JJ may have speed, but he has no burst, and not nearly the lateral quickness of Nick. NM was the human embodiment of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

Well, I laughed at this. Defenders could either determine where he was or which way he was going, but not both.

Archived