Marilyn Manson: Pop Tart...

DKW 86

Last I saw of MM was him playing the role of a white supremacist leader in jail and having sex with guys on Sons of Anarchy.

According to my Itunes he released a new album within the last two weeks. So I'm saying drumming up publicity and controversy to boost sales. He has always played the shock rock angle.

Last I saw of MM was him playing the role of a white supremacist leader in jail and having sex with guys on Sons of Anarchy.

According to my Itunes he released a new album within the last two weeks. So I'm saying drumming up publicity and controversy to boost sales. He has always played the shock rock angle.

Indeed. MM is one who fully embraced the mantra: "there's no such thing as bad publicity".

Indeed. MM is one who fully embraced the mantra: "there's no such thing as bad publicity".

And hence the slam at Gutfeld.

Are you suggesting he is NOT? Please explain. this could be fun!!!

Once again, Tim makes a claim then challenges others to do the research. :rolleyes:

Researchiphobia?

Factphobia?

Bullshitphilia?

Google-challenged?

A much more shocking bit of political information can be found in Talk at the end of “Marilyn Manson Has a Secret,” Tucker Carlson’s profile about the ghoul-rocker. Though Manson has spent his entire career thinking up successful ways to repulse and enrage adult America, it turns out that he is really a conservative, bourgeois guy with strong Republican leanings.

His complaints about America’s vulgar, mindless entertainment and people who don’t use good grammar make him sound like Bill Bennett. And, most shocking of all, Manson — who says he loathes Gore and Sen. Joseph Lieberman — tells Tucker that “If I had to pick, I’d pick Bush, and not necessarily by default.

http://www.wnd.com/2000/10/7388/

It's not the animal carcasses, the satanism, or the self-mutiliation. The most shocking thing about the world's most premier ghoul-rocker: his Republican tendencies.

http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Interview:2000/11_Marilyn_Manson_Has_a_Secret

Fact, I think he is a poster on this board.

In particular Manson blames "white liberals, who in their platform are trying to pander to a black vote." Their pandering, he says, creates racial tension. "You've got white people being mad at black people not because of what the black people did but because of the white liberals creating some sort of agenda."

Perhaps not entirely equally. Manson can't stand Clinton or Al Gore, and he loathes Joe Lieberman, who was one of many politicians to suggest that Manson's music was responsible for the shootings at Columbine. (Manson's book jacket carries a quote from Lieberman calling Manson's band "perhaps the sickest group ever promoted by a mainstream record company.")

On the other hand, Manson likes John McCain, whom he considers "open-minded." George W. Bush seems like a fine guy too, "If I had to pick, I'd pick Bush, and not necessarily by default," he says. "I know I don't support what the other team is about."

Once again, Tim makes a claim then challenges others to do the research. :rolleyes:

Researchiphobia?

Factphobia?

Bullshitphilia?

Google-challenged?

Obviously a supporter of the 50% program.

Well it has to be true, he quoted WND AND Wikipedia...

Manson is an entertainer. He memorized the the work Gene Simmons & the work of Madonna.

IOW, stay in the limelight no matter how silly or outrageous you have to be. Remember, there is no bad publicity.

Well it has to be true, he quoted WND AND Wikipedia...

Manson is an entertainer. He memorized the the work Gene Simmons & the work of Madonna.

IOW, stay in the limelight no matter how silly or outrageous you have to be. Remember, there is no bad publicity.

Actually that site has no affiliation with Wikipedia. I'm sorry that Academic Premier Search at the AU library did not produce a properly accepted professional journal with research on the subject of MM's political preferences.

The source, author, year, and volume number of the original article (that is in whole on the site) is given. It is as credible as a majority of the stuff that it is presented on this board involving peoples opinions and beliefs.

He is a entertainer. Just like Alice Cooper, who many are surprised to find has Republican leanings himself and not some far off left liberal despite his stage show.

The GOP ought to book Marilyn, Alice and Nugent for their convention. ;)/>

...and the Libs can have the usual line up of Biden-sharpton-jesse-barry and maybe a dose of jimmy carter. Bwahahahaha

The GOP ought to book Marilyn, Alice and Nugent for their convention. ;)

I don't think "The Nuge" would be able to make it. Didn't he die or go to prison after Obama was re-elected? :rolleyes::big:

I don't think "The Nuge" would be able to make it. Didn't he die or go to prison after Obama was re-elected? :rolleyes::big:

Hasn't done anything worth while since about 1979. So might as well be dead.

I don't think "The Nuge" would be able to make it. Didn't he die or go to prison after Obama was re-elected? :rolleyes:/> :big:/>

Wow. That's a bit harsh.

I don't think "The Nuge" would be able to make it. Didn't he die or go to prison after Obama was re-elected? :rolleyes:/> :big:/>

Wow. That's a bit harsh.

Dropped Dr. St Holmes and the quality of his albums dropped. I credit Jack Blades and Tommy Shaw for the quality songs in Damn Yankees. Maybe 3 descent songs that were studio after Ted Nugent, Cat Scratch, and Free For All.

Spent my money on Fleetwood Mac in December and picked up tickets to see Rush with my brother in law in Dallas. I don't think Ted is going to be booking sold out shows at 200 dollars a ticket at places like the United Center in Chicago anytime soon.

I'd catch him at the Naperville Rib Fest for 20 bucks though!

Wow. That's a bit harsh.

Dropped Dr. St Holmes and the quality of his albums dropped. I credit Jack Blades and Tommy Shaw for the quality songs in Damn Yankees. Maybe 3 descent songs that were studio after Ted Nugent, Cat Scratch, and Free For All.

Spent my money on Fleetwood Mac in December and picked up tickets to see Rush with my brother in law in Dallas. I don't think Ted is going to be booking sold out shows at 200 dollars a ticket at places like the United Center in Chicago anytime soon.

Nice. My wife and I both love Fleetwood Mac, but she calls all of my Rush CDs "female repellent." :laugh:

Really need to see Rush live before they get too old.

Wow. That's a bit harsh.

Nice. My wife and I both love Fleetwood Mac, but she calls all of my Rush CDs "female repellent." :laugh:

Really need to see Rush live before they get too old.

\

Haha, there is something about Rush isn't there that women can't stand. I have seen them about 8 or 9 times. Geddy can't hit the high's like he used to but still beats 99% of the acts out there. This is their 40th anniversary tour.

Mac was amazing. Didn't realize how underrated Buckingham was as a guitarist. They did a 3 hour set with very little downtime between songs.

Archived