Tiger Woods

AUbritt

I wish I could watch his round from today in detail. I'd probably learn an awful lot about how not to play golf. He looks worse than a lot of people I know around the greens in the highlights I've seen. Putter and 4-iron are his clubs of choice when it appears he should be pitching and chipping.

Wow.

Like the Yankees ... Love to see him struggle.

:-\ as for Tiger his mind is so screwed up when he get around the greens he's getting to wristy so he goes to a flatter stick ie. putter. When this happens it is not a pretty site. Really when it comes to the pros its around the greens or putting is were the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is made. Hitting 300 yard drives is great but if you can't putt or get up and down you sunk

Between his recent decline and Father Time not being graceful to Mickelson's game, the changing of the guard is in full effect on Tour. Know the Tour will live on without them in the future, but I'm young enough that this is really the first "era shift" I'm witnessing in the game, and it's weird.

Between his recent decline and Father Time not being graceful to Mickelson's game, the changing of the guard is in full effect on Tour. Know the Tour will live on without them in the future, but I'm young enough that this is really the first "era shift" I'm witnessing in the game, and it's weird.

Transitions are tough...I learned to play (such as I can) when Palmer, Nicklaus, Gary Player, Watson and some of those legends were the face of the sport and I followed them religiously. As they left one by one, my reasons for following professional golf (though I play 3 times a week) diminished. Tiger and Mickelson dominated for a while but I have to say, the names on that scoreboard now are complete strangers to me.

If you love golf...and have not read The Match by Mark Frost, you have missed something enjoyable.

Transitions are tough...I learned to play (such as I can) when Palmer, Nicklaus, Gary Player, Watson and some of those legends were the face of the sport and I followed them religiously. As they left one by one, my reasons for following professional golf (though I play 3 times a week) diminished. Tiger and Mickelson dominated for a while but I have to say, the names on that scoreboard now are complete strangers to me.

If you love golf...and have not read The Match by Mark Frost, you have missed something enjoyable.

^^This^^ and there are so many more great golf book I could not even list them all.

It was the same with the NBA with me. When Jordan, Barkley, Bird, Magic, Ewing, and the others started leaving. I totally lost interest. Tiger was the first to really have a chance to catch Nicklaus and now since there really hasn't been a force like Tiger to step up, and I know Rory is the closest to that, the parity is too great for someone to challenge Jack's record again.

^^This^^ and there are so many more great golf book I could not even list them all.

Oh yes...but this book was about transitions too....the change from big time amateur golfers being among the best in the game to where it became a professionally dominated sport.

As for Tiger...his body is failing him and thus far he has been too hard-headed to accept that and modify his game accordingly .JMO...

Now as for those short game problems that's a different story. He used to be the king of the short game..and could always do something with his short game to bail himself out from his bad drives....but now.....he looked just awful this week. That's in his head I expect.

Oh yes...but this book was about transitions too....the change from big time amateur golfers being among the best in the game to where it became a professionally dominated sport.

As for Tiger...his body is failing him and thus far he has been too hard-headed to accept that and modify his game accordingly .JMO...

Now as for those short game problems that's a different story. He used to be the king of the short game..and could always do something with his short game to bail himself out from his bad drives....but now.....he looked just awful this week. That's in his head I expect.

It is definitely in his head. Putting is largely mental.

I'd love to know some. I absolutely love golf, but haven't ever read a golf related book.

I'd love to know some. I absolutely love golf, but haven't ever read a golf related book.

Try The Match....5 stories in one...story of an impromptu golf match involving the 4 best golfers of the 1950s....and woven into the story is the bio of the 4 participants ...well told, easy reading.

Greatest Game Ever Played

Bobby Jones On Golf

The Longest Shot

Bobby's Open

Making The Masters

Ben Hogan's Five Lessons..Hogan is my favorite golfer of all time

The Lengend of Bagger Vance

Hogan by Curt Sampson

Golf In The Kingdom

The Greatest Player Who Never Lived

The Mysterious Monague

I could go on

Well stated. He needs to go back to Butch. Time to divorce the power game and become a surgeon. I think Butch can get him there.

BTW, doubt this happens due to his hardheadedness.

Bobby Jones On Golf

The Longest Shot

Bobby's Open

Making The Masters

Hogan by Curt Sampson

Golf In The Kingdom

The Mysterious Monague

I could go on

Awesome. That will take me a while! Thanks alot.

Bobby Jones On Golf

The Longest Shot

Bobby's Open

Making The Masters

Hogan by Curt Sampson

Golf In The Kingdom

The Mysterious Monague

I could go on

Awesome. That will take me a while! Thanks alot.

me too.

Disclaimer: I do not follow golf at all, so bear with me on this.

I read today that Tiger Wood's last major win occurred right before the PGA implemented PED testing. Do any of you who follow the sport or Tiger know more on this?

(I don't know how that would affect his game, but thought it was interesting. I'd love to read others thoughts on this who are much more knowledgeable than I.)

From one of those that was close to his inner circle, a former swing coach said that Tiger was bothered by the old thought that golfers weren't really athletes, and that is why he built his body like he did. The coach also said that Tiger saw his injuries as a badge of honor among his athlete friends from other sports because in his mind, it validated his "athlete identity". It almost sounds like Tiger wants to be injured, so he will have an excuse for his bad play.

I don't know about all that weegs. I do think he over trained. When he had the leg fracture he was running like 10 or 12 or some ridiculous amount of miles a day with military boots and knew he was injured. Seemed like he did think he had something else to prove. He might have abused his body but im not sure it was intentional just over confidence.

Hard to say about Tiger. He is fanatical about keeping fit especially when he was younger. He even sent himself thru Marine boot camp at Parris Island once. His been swinging a club since he was 2 years old. As a golfer for over 60 years I can tell you it will do wear and tear on your body especially your back

Hard to say about Tiger. He is fanatical about keeping fit especially when he was younger. He even sent himself thru Marine boot camp at Parris Island once. His been swinging a club since he was 2 years old. As a golfer for over 60 years I can tell you it will do wear and tear on your body especially your back

golf im 42, i guess about a quarter of your age. through my 20s i thought my back, neck and shoulders would not last long enough to play much longer. at 31 years old i started visiting a chiropractor and it took about 18 months but i was fixed. i still go at least once a month. the thing is over the last 2 or 3 years i just kind of lost interest in playing or watching.

Every body is different I guess...I'm 73 and play 3 times a week and have played about 40+ years. Knees and hips and arthritic hands are the problem...but never had a back issue. Tiger has access to the best possible medical care.....these recurring back issues leads me to believe that he is not following doctor's recommendations. JMO.

His real problem this year is his yips around the greens...and from what I read, this not something he is likely to "cure" by himself.

I don't know about all that weegs. I do think he over trained. When he had the leg fracture he was running like 10 or 12 or some ridiculous amount of miles a day with military boots and knew he was injured. Seemed like he did think he had something else to prove. He might have abused his body but im not sure it was intentional just over confidence.

That comes from a coach from his inner circle. May be crap, I don't know.

Archived