Kalvaraz Bessent

CameronCrazy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not too much of a surprise...Hope he finds some place to play but did not look like he was going to crack the line-up at AU with the new kids coming in.

not too much of a surprise...Hope he finds some place to play but did not look like he was going to crack the line-up at AU with the new kids coming in.

What makes you say that. Do you have some kind of info or are you just guessing?

Unfortunate, I hope he becomes an amazing and wealthy player (in the future) somewhere outside of the SEC

GT

Don't have to guess...pretty easy to see where he stood....redshirted last season despite a pretty poor defensive secondary. Several starters coming back and some really good kids coming in....just do the math.

He came to Auburn around 165. The only obvious math is that he was guaranteed to redshirt. Expect the same for Dinson. That's just too small.

It's always a surprise when redshirt freshmen with zero time under the new staff leave.

Unfortunate, I hope he becomes an amazing and wealthy player (in the future) somewhere outside of the SEC

GT

Don't have to guess...pretty easy to see where he stood....redshirted last season despite a pretty poor defensive secondary. Several starters coming back and some really good kids coming in....just do the math.

Yeah you're right. If he didn't play as a true freshman then there's no hope.

Keep in mind, a year ago Bessent was one of those "really good kids coming in". Just thought I'd point that out.

I'm not saying you're wrong, because I don't know how things would've turned out had he stayed, but your logic isn't exactly rock solid.

GT

Keep in mind, a year ago Bessent was one of those "really good kids coming in". Just thought I'd point that out.

I'm not saying you're wrong, because I don't know how things would've turned out had he stayed, but your logic isn't exactly rock solid.

I accept that...but considering that it looks like he is leaving more or less voluntarily it seems that both he and the AU coaches share my opinion.

Que the "processed" talk...

We were one over, now we're at 85. The guy "leaving" entered the team in a mile-deep doghouse.

86 (Ike Powell)

We were one over, now we're at 85. The guy "leaving" entered the team in a mile-deep doghouse.

No, we weren't one over. No team can ever be one or for that matter any over without severe penalties. We were not over the 85 limit. This month's signees don't count until they are in school and attending classes, so the 85 limit, at least until late May, had nothing to do with this.

I was hoping Bessent would be a contributor this year. Best of luck to him.

No, we weren't one over. No team can ever be one or for that matter any over without severe penalties. We were not over the 85 limit. This month's signees don't count until they are in school and attending classes, so the 85 limit, at least until late May, had nothing to do with this.

Oh god.

You can still project numbers based on how many you have enrolled and how many you expect to enroll. It doesn't matter if you make room now, next week, or next month...if your current signing class is projected to take you over, then you need to make room. We would have been over by at least one.

86 (Ike Powell)

So still 1 over?

Oh god.

You can still project numbers based on how many you have enrolled and how many you expect to enroll. It doesn't matter if you make room now, next week, or next month...if your current signing class is projected to take you over, then you need to make room. We would have been over by at least one.

Not until the new guys enroll and attend classes. By then the normal three or so that always quit after spring practice will be gone. Bessent leaving had nothing to do with the 85 limit.

GT

Yea, I remember when he signed with Auburn, I understood others to say that he was likely the best DB in the class. I hate to see him go.

GT

Yea, I remember when he signed with Auburn, I understood others to say that he was likely the best DB in the class. I hate to see him go.

Yeah considering we grabbed two that were let go by bama. He came in in the doghouse but I was hoping to hear his name called next year. We need playmakers.

This was a "processing" issue to make room for the 85 limit. This was clearly a character issue. Bessent has been on a tight leash since he arrived. Evidently he didn't live up the stipulations that Malzahn set in place. Very disappointing. Kid has real talent and could have been a big contributor for us next year.

As I recall a school doesn't have to be at 85 or less until August.

That changed a couple of years ago. Now a school can never be over 85 without severe penalties. The excellent list pinned at the top of this forum is not an attempt to address the 85 limit. It's a snapshot of what the team will look like next year if nothing unexpected happens. The unexpected always happens.

Right now, guys that were seniors last season are still on scholarship and will remain so until the end of May. New guys don't count yet unless they were early enrolees. More will drop off in the months to come. Some signees may not qualify. Golson will go on scholarship but he's not on yet. It's always a fluid situation.

Bessent is the eighth unexpected dropoff since last August 1st. There will be more, there always are after spring practice and over the summer.

Archived