Kalvaraz Bessent

CameronCrazy

I guess normally a freshmen would start class in August. So maybe that's where the August or Fall Camp comes in. But then you have the early enrollment and transfers. It's a lot to keep up with. So I guess the seniors with no eligibility left are still being counted against until graduation time? And I wonder when the departing juniors stop counting? Is it when they declare?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word around the 'net is that the issue was grades. Some have said that he wasn't enrolled for the spring semester.

The "moving home to be closer to my kids" thing is rich. Got a giggle out of that one.

Chimes, how old are your kids?

They're old enough to remember when you left a big time division 1 football program to be closer to yours.

I apologize. I wasn't actually inquiring about your kids. I saw on Twitter that Kalvarez was no longer with AU, so I came here to see if there was more information. Your snarky comments and condescending speculation happened to be what I came across first, and rather than just understanding that you come here to do that sort of thing from the secure anonymity of your keyboard, I decided to throw a bait comment out there. Again, I apologize.

It's disappointing that Kalvarez won't be able to better his life as an Auburn Tiger. Wish him the best.

In May 2009, the SEC passed a rule restricting its football teams to accepting no more than 28 National Letters of Intent each year.[18]This move was widely viewed as a direct response to the University of Mississippi and its head coach, Houston Nutt, having promised 37 scholarships to new recruits forthe 2009 season. Thus the rule is now commonly referred to as "The Houston Nutt Rule."[14][19]

The Houston Nutt rule..

Word around the 'net is that the issue was grades. Some have said that he wasn't enrolled for the spring semester.

The "moving home to be closer to my kids" thing is rich. Got a giggle out of that one.

Chimes, how old are your kids?

They're old enough to remember when you left a big time division 1 football program to be closer to yours.

I apologize. I wasn't actually inquiring about your kids. I saw on Twitter that Kalvarez was no longer with AU, so I came here to see if there was more information. Your snarky comments and condescending speculation happened to be what I came across first, and rather than just understanding that you come here to do that sort of thing from the secure anonymity of your keyboard, I decided to throw a bait comment out there. Again, I apologize.

It's disappointing that Kalvarez won't be able to better his life as an Auburn Tiger. Wish him the best.

Whatever makes you feel better, Chief.

In May 2009, the SEC passed a rule restricting its football teams to accepting no more than 28 National Letters of Intent each year.[18]This move was widely viewed as a direct response to the University of Mississippi and its head coach, Houston Nutt, having promised 37 scholarships to new recruits forthe 2009 season. Thus the rule is now commonly referred to as "The Houston Nutt Rule."[14][19]

The Houston Nutt rule..

It's now 25, with countbacks allowed as I described above. Check out listings on Rivals or any similar site. South Carolina signed 29 this year, Tennessee 31 last year. The information you are quoting was accurate at one time, but the rules have changed since then. The August "counting date" has also changed. The current rule is no team can ever go over 85 players on scholarship, even for one moment.

Seniors count until the end of their senior year, when they normally go off scholarship. Juniors leaving for the NFL stop counting when they leave school and stop attending class.

Any player stops counting against the 85 limit the day he goes off scholarship, and any new player that has signed scholarship papers starts counting the day he starts attending class, not before.

• 3 weeks later...

He left to move closer to his two kids, 4 and 2. ....

Now 21 hours away from his kids kinda blows this ^^ notion out of the water. :-\

Bump

My brother used to be a high school football coach and told me having kids is something alot of these young players now a days are doing. Go figure

Condoms are way cheaper than diapers, why aren't these kids wrapping up?

I mean I know why but that becomes a life decision at that point.

Condoms are way cheaper than diapers, why aren't these kids wrapping up?

I mean I know why but that becomes a life decision at that point.

Why, indeed. As one who grew up in a time when a girl had to go to great lengths to get the pill, I will never understand it. Taxpayers pay for free birth control and various pills, shots, etc, are readily available anywhere and almost anytime, free of charge in many cases.

I know someone that basically foster parented a D 1 athlete while the athlete was in high school. This person basically said that females all but threw themselves at the athlete. It was said that the females wanted to be impregnanted by the athlete thinking of him as already being 'a meal ticket'.

I know someone that basically foster parented a D 1 athlete while the athlete was in high school. This person basically said that females all but threw themselves at the athlete. It was said that the females wanted to be impregnanted by the athlete thinking of him as already being 'a meal ticket'.

Ugh. I believe it, too.

^ haha. The shows like Basketball Wives and other BS like that isn't helping either.

Archived