Cornerback

Virginia Beach, VA (Ocean Lakes HS)

5'10", 170 lbs, 4.4

#1 CB on Rivals

#8 overall in 2016 Rivals100

#17 composite overall player on 247, #2 composite CB

Primary recruiter: Lance Thompson

Free article/information from Rivals writer Jeffery Lee:

"Ocean Lakes (Virginia Beach, Va.) five-star cornerback Levonta Taylor added an offer from Auburn on Monday.

He learned of the offer after speaking with two familiar voices.

"I had a real good relationship with (Auburn linebackers coach) Lance Thompson when he was at Alabama," Taylor said. "And I also had a real good relationship with Coach T-Rob (Travaris Robinson) when he was at Florida.

"I spoke to those two guys and Coach (Will) Muschamp and they went ahead and offered me."

Taylor, the No. 1 cornerback prospect in the 2016 class, was happy to hear the news.

"I was very excited about it," he said. "The tradition at Auburn is great, and they want me to come to campus so they can show me what it's like."

Taylor has never been to Auburn, but he plans to change that soon.

"I watch Auburn a lot, especially when they won the national championship when Cam Newton was there," he said. "I will definitely visit Auburn, either in the spring or the summer."

Rivals.com also ranks Taylor the nation's No. 8 overall recruit and the top prospect from Virginia. He doesn't currently list any favorites.

As a junior, Taylor had 61 tackles, 11 tackles-for-loss, four interceptions, three interceptions returned for touchdowns, four forced fumbles and 11 pass break-ups. He also had 35 receptions for 578 yards and seven touchdowns on offense."

Lance Thompson is going to be so huge opening back up Virginia for us. So many great players out there. Da'Shawn Hand, Percy Harvin, Justin Hunter, Tajh Boyd, David Wilson, etc etc.

He's just down the road from me. I'll go give him a talk.

War Damn!

Highlights:

Think we can pull this kid away from UVA?

I'd like to see him wrap up more, but he seems to love contact. And obviously looks lethal in the return game

UVA has kept a few 5*s home the last couple cycles, but I'd rather fight them for recruits than a lot of other schools

• 1 month later...

Watched most of his film. He is certainly Elite level. He is very fast with great moves with the ball. He is a great returner. As a DB, he breaks on the ball really well and he does not shy from contact. I would love to have him.

"Lance Thompson is going to be so huge opening back up Virginia for us. So many great players out there. Da'Shawn Hand, Percy Harvin, Justin Hunter, Tajh Boyd, David Wilson, etc etc."

Yes but Saban gave his blessing on moving to AU. LOL.

Archived