Just for fun when talking to UGA fans...

TitanTiger

With Auburn's win in basketball Saturday, they moved into a tie in the all-time series with Georgia in both basketball and football. Since I've been alive, UGA has never led the football series, only managed to pull into a tie a couple of times. But any mutt fan you talk to will exude an air of superiority regarding Auburn, as if they are consistently a cut above us and to be considered one of the SEC elite. But even with their recent run of football success against us, they can still only muster a tie in the series all-time.

But talk about your underachievers. They reside in a talent-rich state with a larger population than Alabama and have virtually no in-state competition (GT is an afterthought). They haven't been truly relevant since the days of Herschel Walker (1980-82). Since Walker left in 1982, Georgia has won exactly 2 SEC titles. And they haven't even played for a national championship. Compare that to Auburn and the rest of the so-called "Big Six" of the SEC:

Since 1982...

Auburn has won or shared 7 SEC titles, played for two national titles, winning one.

Alabama has won or shared 6 SEC titles, played for four national titles, winning four.

Tennessee has won or shared 5 SEC titles, played for one national title,, winning one.

LSU has won or shared 6 SEC titles, played for three national titles, winning two.

Florida has won or shared 8 SEC titles, played for four national titles, winning three.

Just a little knowledge for those who have to interact with arrogant leghumpers to use when needed. But congratulate them on at least achieving parity with little ol' Auburn in the head to head series. :)

Thanks for the ammo Titan Tiger ~~~~ uga fans brag and boast just as much as the uat fans when in reality they have very little to boast about. Hell, Richt couldn't even find a way to win his own damn division the last 2 years in the midst of the worst run VOL history, UF having a dead duck head coach, and the Ole Ball Coach fielding a horrible USC team. Leghumpers are laughable indeed.

I despise all things UGA. The fanbase is overall arrogant and rude. I know some exceptions, but myself living in Georgia, I think I get their worst. Kind of like strength in numbers gives them more motivation to act like asshats.

I despise all things UGA. The fanbase is overall arrogant and rude. I know some exceptions, but myself living in Georgia, I think I get their worst. Kind of like strength in numbers gives them more motivation to act like asshats.

Grew up in Georgia myself and always hated thuga more than uat because of it. I don't have too many vivid memories of my childhood before 5-6 years old but I do have one that always stood out to me. In 1976, I was 4 years old and we had "connections" so we were able to tailgate in a field directly under Jordan-Hare for the home games... So there I am, 4 years old...playing in the dirt after AU took a serious beating to the uglies and a small group of student-aged thuga fans walk by me, kick the dirt I'm playing in and tell me "betcha wish you were a Georgia fan, huh?".... I was FOUR! Anyway.... it never got any better growing up either.

That's the level of mental and emotional genious you deal with when you deal with a thuga fan.

Auburn has played for 3 national titles (and rightfully should have won 2) since 1982 by inclusion of the 1983 season. I believe if you're going to include bama's 1992 season, you should also include Auburn's 1983 season in the stats.

Auburn has played for 3 national titles (and rightfully should have won 2) since 1982 by inclusion of the 1983 season. I believe if you're going to include bama's 1992 season, you should also include Auburn's 1983 season in the stats.

and should have played for another and we all know how that should have gone

I didn't want to pad the stats. They are damning enough as I had them.

My pastor is a huge UGA fan. We have fun giving each other a hard time. He was honest in telling me that UGA has some really nasty fans. He did say that Auburn fans are some of the friendliest fans in the SEC. I thanked him for this and told him that I tried hard not to be ugly to fans in that most fans rarely bother me in that most of them have to look up to me!

I just found out that "Honey Boo-Boo" is a huge UGA fan. Momma June is even a bigger UGA fan.

Kind of hard to talk smack with the way they've beaten us the last several years. They've won 7 out of 9. Would be 8-1 without the miracle tipped pass in 2013. Thank God we have that crystal football.

^They've had their fair share of "miracles" against us. Remember the hail marys in '96 and '02 (also, coincidentally, on November 16)? Or how about '08, when it almost certainly would've gone to OT had our snap unit not fumbled an extra point?

Kind of hard to talk smack with the way they've beaten us the last several years. They've won 7 out of 9. Would be 8-1 without the miracle tipped pass in 2013. Thank God we have that crystal football.

I have a hard time talking smack to a rival fan when we get our arse kicked up and down the field to the tune of 45-7, 38-0, 34-7........thank goodness for 2010 (49-31) and the 2013 miracle (43-38) those are the only two wins in damn near a decade. :-[

I have a hard time talking smack to a rival fan when we get our arse kicked up and down the field to the tune of 45-7, 38-0, 34-7........thank goodness for 2010 (49-31) and the 2013 miracle (43-38) those are the only two wins in damn near a decade. :-[

This is so depressing. I remember during the the height of Tubs' tenure 04-06 all these types of stats were in Auburn's favor except for maybe our record vs Arkansas. Gene Chizik, thanks for the crystal ball, but wth

UGA will be facing their day of reckoning much sooner than they think. The series will soon be in our favor. The series has gone back and forth. UGA has this attitude that they are so much better than us. Let them I say. We know better than that. I think we will take the game to them big time in 2015. There will be no miracle play, but some tough as nails play from us on both sides of the ball.

UGA will be facing their day of reckoning much sooner than they think. The series will soon be in our favor. The series has gone back and forth. UGA has this attitude that they are so much better than us. Let them I say. We know better than that. I think we will take the game to them big time in 2015. There will be no miracle play, but some tough as nails play from us on both sides of the ball.

That's something I'll enjoy seeing, especially after what seems like a decade of uga dominance.

Archived