2016 4* OL Brodarious Hamm (AU commit 6/22/15)

RunInRed

1510522_359021237614839_3630063664383797782_n.jpg

Brodarious Hamm, OT

Griffin, GA (Spalding)

Ht: 6'5 | Wt: 320

- Unofficial Visits to AU 4/04/15, 1/31/15, 11/22/14 and 11/08/14

- Recruiters: Grimes, Garner

- Previously committed to UT, named AU leader (6/21/15)

247Sports: 4* (No. 27 OT)

ESPN: 3* (No. 32 OT)

Rivals: 3* (No. 33 OT)

Scout: 4* (No. 11 OT)

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Louisville, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, NC State, Purdue and Tennessee, among others.

Hudl Highlights

B8uplCzIUAAUKN8.jpg

3252504.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good size and good early offer list for a 3*/unranked OT. I'm guessing ESPN/247 just haven't gotten around to evaluations yet?

• 4 weeks later...

How this kid is still a 3* has me shaking my head. Glad we have been on this kid from the start and were the first to offer WAY before everyone else. He has offers from all of the top schools now. AU then UTenn lead.

How this kid is still a 3* has me shaking my head. Glad we have been on this kid from the start and were the first to offer WAY before everyone else. He has offers from all of the top schools now. AU then UTenn lead.

Torn acl sophomore year hurt his stock BC he had no film until this past fall. Will be a high 4 star by end of the cycle.

Torn acl sophomore year hurt his stock BC he had no film until this past fall. Will be a high 4 star by end of the cycle.

Didn't know this. Thanks.

That is one big kid and he look like he is in very good shape.

Agreed. I'll second the Shon Coleman comparison and throw in a Martez Ivey one. Dude carries his weight well.

Keep up the great work, coaches!

I'm jjust glad I'm not alone in wanting this kid at Auburn for that name....BroHam!!!

I'm jjust glad I'm not alone in wanting this kid at Auburn for that name....BroHam!!!

Not only that, this kid is actually very good. 4th star should come.

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes things just don't work out for the best. Jonah Williams was not a take for AU probably because Hamm, Price, Kraeling, and maybe others were higher on the board. They've all committed elsewhere now, although I'm sure we'll continue to recruit some of them. To top it off Williams was probably ours to lose and he has committed to our biggest rival. I guess big time recruiting can be just a crap shoot. IMO we may have offered Jonah later if we missed on some others, but can't blame him from jumping on a sure thing. You have to respect our staff for leveling with recruits even if kids feelings get hurt a little. They do get over it.

I know these are 17-18 year old kids but Hamm certainly seemed like a prety sure thing. Sometimes they seem more fickle than any woman I ever met.Back to the drawing board.

Tennessee is starting to bother me on the recruiting front.

amen brother. They need to stay out of Georgia

when Tenn was good Garner was getting those players out of Georgia.

when Tenn was good Garner was getting those players out of Georgia.

I'm not sure why that matters

I know these are 17-18 year old kids but Hamm certainly seemed like a prety sure thing. Sometimes they seem more fickle than any woman I ever met.Back to the drawing board.

He tried to commit to AU twice. The staff said no. They see him as a guard prospect & are not even sure yet they are even taking a guard in this class.

He tried to commit to AU twice. The staff said no. They see him as a guard prospect & are not even sure yet they are even taking a guard in this class.

Yeah, this is an interesting situation. A lot of folks are on Grimes for being a terrible recruiter because of this. But if we are not taking any guards (unless there were one absolutely elite player we couldn't turn away), then Bro Hamm's committing elsewhere shouldn't really be a surprise. I think the fact that he's a good player who had high interest in us is fooling people into thinking bad things about Grimes.

Now, whether we are wise not to be taking any guards in this class is another question.

Another is whether we are doing well with any elite OTs.

But Hamm committing to UT is not evidence that Grimes can't recruit!

Archived