2016 LB recruiting

War Eagle77

So, we need to sign a minimum of three top linebacker prospects and four wouldn't be too many. We have one committed. Where are the others coming from?

Don't know but don't underestimate CWM. He's in this for the long term. So I'm told, which isn't much as most of what I'm told about this team was not right in the first place. FWIW.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, we need to sign a minimum of three top linebacker prospects and four wouldn't be too many. We have one committed. Where are the others coming from?

Don't know but don't underestimate CWM. He's in this for the long term. So I'm told, which isn't much as most of what I'm told about this team was not right in the first place. FWIW.

I agree about the inaccurate information. I can understand not wanting the competition to get inside information but it appears to me that some people are lying just for the sake of lying.

I don't ever get that, when we have big time recruits it's always they thought they could come in and start stuff but we had to show them that's not how it works but then we suck. Like if our team is so tough like that why aren't we on the field? There is a problem on the d line

^^this...Even Cowart hasn't been lighting it up.

Cowart does not want to be at AU.

Well, we can only hope your source is wrong about this as well, I guess. That would be a shame if he left.

My sources are good on most stuff. The part I'm talking about was a couple of they telling me how good AU was going to be. Looked great in practices. OL & the DL looked great. You get what I mean.

Yes they are. That is also exactly what I thought you were referring to. I was just doing some wishful thinking as in, "so there is a chance then ? ". ;)

I don't ever get that, when we have big time recruits it's always they thought they could come in and start stuff but we had to show them that's not how it works but then we suck. Like if our team is so tough like that why aren't we on the field? There is a problem on the d line

I'm going to try and put this as nice as I can. The problem with the D is AU has a bunch of sissy's playing on it. Plain and simple. And I'm being nice saying sissy. This is the "cultural change" CWM is talking about changing. They are soft, don't work hard on and off the field and have a attitude they are better than they really are.

Most of the younger players are buying into what CWM is doing. Been harder on the older guys. As we can see.

He might not take well to Garner's coaching style. This new development in addition to his tweet that ruffled everyone's feathers prior to the season leads me to believe this. Garner rides the dudes pretty hard.

Not defending anyone or picking sides but a lot of kids in today's culture don't need to be yelled at to have the coaches get their point across. Like, you can convey a message without being an ass about it is pretty much the line of thinking. Of course, there are some kids who need to be yelled at to have their ass in gear -- probably like Monty Adams lol

This. And he has been really hard on Cowart. Cowart has NEVER had someone do this to him in his life. So I say give it some time.

I always say that I'm surprised more of these superstars don't have entitlement issues. My hat is off to a kid who is celebrated by those around him his entire life but still manages to keep his ego in check. And I'm not surprised about some of the older kids. Hard to coach the bad out of a guy once he's been in college a couple years.

What an illuminating morning. Thanks for the insight and thanks to AUF for providing the forum for the discussion.

Insert the required "Cowart is fine and he will make millions one day while you people are still struggling to pay the rent" post.

Insert the required "Cowart is fine and he will make millions one day while you people are still struggling to pay the rent" post.

I do think, IMO anyways, that once all of this settles in Cowart will be fine. He has just never had a grown man talk to him the way CRG is talking too him. I do believe you will see CWM make all of this right. And CRG better get off his ass and recruit.

I'm going to try and put this as nice as I can. The problem with the D is AU has a bunch of sissy's playing on it. Plain and simple. And I'm being nice saying sissy. This is the "cultural change" CWM is talking about changing. They are soft, don't work hard on and off the field and have a attitude they are better than they really are.

Most of the younger players are buying into what CWM is doing. Been harder on the older guys. As we can see.

Makes me want to cry man...sigh. I need you to bring some good news tomorrow, you really messed this day up for me

I always say that I'm surprised more of these superstars don't have entitlement issues. My hat is off to a kid who is celebrated by those around him his entire life but still manages to keep his ego in check. And I'm not surprised about some of the older kids. Hard to coach the bad out of a guy once he's been in college a couple years.

What an illuminating morning. Thanks for the insight and thanks to AUF for providing the forum for the discussion.

I got into many scuffles with some pretty well known football names in the ACT because of the attitude without production LOL. I don't have a problem at all with arrogance and you're good. Players like Jordan, Kobe, Sanders guys who are on another level because they know they are better than everybody are my favorite type players....But you can't do that when your play is mediocre...And I'll say that in the midst of pick up basketball games lol

Makes me want to cry man...sigh. I need you to bring some good news tomorrow, you really messed this day up for me

All of this is very fixable.

I got into many scuffles with some pretty well known football names in the ACT because of the attitude without production LOL. I don't have a problem at all with arrogance and you're good. Players like Jordan, Kobe, Sanders guys who are on another level because they know they are better than everybody are my favorite type players....But you can't do that when your play is mediocre...And I'll say that in the midst of pick up basketball games lol

Jordan, Kobe and Prime Time all had legendary on and off the field work ethic.

Jordan, Kobe and Prime Time all had legendary on and off the field work ethic.

True. That's why I like them. Pay the cost to be the boss. Like the quote in remember the titans if you want to walk around like a superstar you better give an superstar effort

I could only imagine the difference in CWM and x-CEJ! Still boggles my mind how we can recruit like we have and continue to lack yearly success.

I could only imagine the difference in CWM and x-CEJ! Still boggles my mind how we can recruit like we have and continue to lack yearly success.

Honestly, given recent revelations, the biggest difference might be that Johnson had reached a point in his career where he was unwilling to put up with a bunch of BS whereas Muschamp made sure up front that he wouldn't have to. That's pure speculation on my part, though.

Honestly, given recent revelations, the biggest difference might be that Johnson had reached a point in his career where he was unwilling to put up with a bunch of BS whereas Muschamp made sure up front that he wouldn't have to. That's pure speculation on my part, though.

I think you're exactly right Loof.

I do think, IMO anyways, that once all of this settles in Cowart will be fine. He has just never had a grown man talk to him the way CRG is talking too him. I do believe you will see CWM make all of this right. And CRG better get off his ass and recruit.

CRG needs to earn at least a little of his pay in some form or fashion because it dang sure is not by on the field coaching.

wde

Issue with the DL ..IMO..is that we do not have legit SEC defensive ends on the field due to injuries. DT are fine but zero help from the DE position in pass rush or containment on the ends.

Issue with the DL ..IMO..is that we do not have legit SEC defensive ends on the field due to injuries. DT are fine but zero help from the DE position in pass rush or containment on the ends.

That reminds me of something....oh yeah, our team from last year.

As this is a LB thread I would like to get back to it. I know we want anywhere between 3 and 5 Linebackers this year and have signed one so far. Can I get a breakdown of the ones left that we are still pursuing and best opinion of our chance to get each of the linebackers we are pursuing?

Thank you in advance.

As this is a LB thread I would like to get back to it. I know we want anywhere between 3 and 5 Linebackers this year and have signed one so far. Can I get a breakdown of the ones left that we are still pursuing and best opinion of our chance to get each of the linebackers we are pursuing?

Thank you in advance.

I don't think much has changed from the below. As for our chances, I don't think they're better than 50/50 for any of them, except maybe EMB:

1a3d07_7cbce3ca72204e90af92fa8884370a52.png

EDIT: Source

• 1 month later...

As it has been over a month, and our D has stepped up a bit lately with Lawson back out there, any thoughts on where we stand now with LB recruiting?

I wish we could swing Davis or Wilson here in state, man.

• 4 weeks later...

As it has been over a month, and our D has stepped up a bit lately with Lawson back out there, any thoughts on where we stand now with LB recruiting?

I wish we could swing Davis or Wilson here in state, man.

Yet another month is nearly gone and the LB recruiting appears to be stuck in the Autumn mud. We need two more top prospects to just tread water, let alone make progress at the positiion. Who/where/when? Anybody got any ideas?

Archived