2016 LB recruiting

War Eagle77

Win on the field next year, issue resolved.

We picked up some good LBs in the 2014 and 2015 class. DTs is where we will have huge need in 2016.

As long as we get two 4 stars or higher in the 2016 class at LB we should be good.

We do not need to sign 4 at this position.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should go after Erroll Thompson. He is a freaking monster. Alas I imagine we won't, or we'll wait until it's end of recruiting and it's too late Smh

We should go after Erroll Thompson. He is a freaking monster. Alas I imagine we won't, or we'll wait until it's end of recruiting and it's too late Smh

where does he play ball?

We picked up some good LBs in the 2014 and 2015 class. DTs is where we will have huge need in 2016.

As long as we get two 4 stars or higher in the 2016 class at LB we should be good.

We graduate four next year. We'll be running a defense that uses 3 or at times 4 linebackers on the field at once. If we don't need four, how many do you suggest? Keep in mind, this is a position that has an over 50% "disappointment rate", not only at AU but around the entire country.

We graduate four next year. We'll be running a defense that uses 3 or at times 4 linebackers on the field at once. If we don't need four, how many do you suggest? Keep in mind, this is a position that has an over 50% "disappointment rate", not only at AU but around the entire country.

4 if 5*

6 if 4*

8 if 3*

:cool:

• 1 month later...

http://247sports.com/Player/Erroll-Thompson-76759

Florence high. My bad. He just recently picked up offers from Michigan and Louisville

Florence high is producing some linebackers!

Bammer offered him now smh. Whelp

Well that blows. He will end up there with Keaton.

• 3 months later...

OK, now that Bituli and Lamar have committed to UTk and Clemson, what's next?

I see Ben Davis is listed at the top of our board; but I didn't see a thread on him in the first few pages of the recruiting board.

Do we keep moving down the board? Or do we try to flip Lamar or Bituli?

What's our next move?

(BTW, would we consider recruiting Stephen Davis, Jr. as a linebacker instead of safety?)

Linebacker recruiting is very disappointing. The sky is falling again I suppose....

We are staying on Lamar hard. Don't know about Bituli. We have backed off Keion Joyner a bit. We are already recruiting SDj as a hybrid LB/S as it is. A name to keep an eye on is Miami commit 4*LB Zach McCloud. He has become a fairly high target.

Linebacker recruiting is very disappointing. The sky is falling again I suppose....

I will bet a lot that Boom the closer will flip at least 1 LB. That position is his baby.

I will bet a lot that Boom the closer will flip at least 1 LB. That position is his baby.

That doesn't matter if all these kids still think he is one and done.

I don't think many kids are believing that. It's all about relationships and we got in on Lamar and Bituli a ways after Clemson and Tennessee did respectively.

what about Tre Lamar, Threat, and PJ blue?

I'm wondering about pj blue as well.

No change there. AU still sees him as a safety not LB and he's not that high on the safeties board at the moment.

I don't think many kids are believing that. It's all about relationships and we got in on Lamar and Bituli a ways after Clemson and Tennessee did respectively.

The relationship angle is one reason I was asking about Ben Davis. I know CLT has known him for years and was hoping that would help us with Davis.

My bet is that Boom stays with us for at least 3 years.

We are staying on Lamar hard. Don't know about Bituli. We have backed off Keion Joyner a bit. We are already recruiting SDj as a hybrid LB/S as it is. A name to keep an eye on is Miami commit 4*LB Zach McCloud. He has become a fairly high target.

Hmmm ... wonder why we've cooled on Joyner.

What do you think the chances are of flipping either McCloud or Lamar?

If we ended up with Threat, M-Boom Bossy, and McCloud, would Mikey be happy?

EMB will be a tiger, and bring Ant with him!

I think so, too. Kind of guilty of already counting him as one of our commits and wondering mostly about a third LB.

Archived