2016 QB's

JFDTiger80

Thoughts on QB's that are available and are considering AU.

With 5 Star Patterson committed to Ole Miss

and 5 Star Eason committed to UGA I thought I would open a QB discussion.

3 I know we are looking at seriously:

1. Pass - 4* Really looks the part. Can run and throw. I think he has a very good/strong arm. He looks pretty accurate too. He has good size too. He is the tallest QB we are recruiting at about 6'5". Personally, I would rate him as our best QB prospect on our board.

2. Gaines - 4* Can run and throw. Has good size. I think at this point, he is a more skilled runner than thrower. He needs some work on setting up before throwing. I would put him as our #2 target.

3. Ervin Barrett - 4* Can run and throw. He is a very good runner. He needs to work on his throwing motion and setup. I would put him very close to Gaines right now.

Who else are we looking at? What to ya'll think about these and other QB's.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the thought of having pass. Marshall was a perimeter runner but a big qb that can run....Gus would be hard to stop with that to work with

Pass looks like a faster, less polished Jeremy Johnson. Weren't they about the same size coming out of HS?

I think so. Johnson is a much more polished passer and Pass may be more elusive.

I personally like the Barrett highlights better. I think the level of competition in the highlights looks much better too. In fact, Barrett is ripping it up vs Apopka ( Chandler Cox) which won the state championship this last year... And is the highest classification in Florida I believe.

Pass looks great too no doubt, but again I have Barrett as my #1 QB talent.

We offered 4* Tenn commit Austin Kendall today. This kid was pretty high on us before he ultimately committed to Tennessee (with no offer from us). He's kind of in that Sean White mold.

I watched Austin's film. IMO, he looks pretty good but he is not as good as Sean White. He is not playing against the same talent Sean played against either. The has a sort of sidearm throwing motion too. He does not mind throwing it against tight coverage.

He could end up being great, right now I would take Pass over him, as well as our JJ and Sean White.

I seen film on Georgia commit, Jacob Eason. I hope coaches Malzahn and Lashlee will recruit this kid with all out full force.

He looks he could end up a 5* stud QB before his senior season is up.

When was the last time we beat out other teams for a 5* QB coming out of high school? Was Kodi a 5* coming out of Arkansas?

Kiehl Frazier was a 5* I believe and we saw how that worked out. I'm going to trust the coaches on the QB situation. They got to an NC game with a guy who started as a corner.

I seen film on Georgia commit, Jacob Eason. I hope coaches Malzahn and Lashlee will recruit this kid with all out full force.

Eason is the number 1 QB recruit in the country by some of the recruiting groups. He is already a composite 5 star. Kid is really good. I do not think we are recruiting him.

Eason is the number 1 QB recruit in the country by some of the recruiting groups. He is already a composite 5 star. Kid is really good. I do not think we are recruiting him.

ESPN doesnt have any qbs rated as a 5 star.

ESPN doesnt have any qbs rated as a 5 star.

You need to start looking at 247's composite ratings. It takes the ratings of all the major services and averages the player rating. ESPN is not the gold standard for HS football ratings. Eason is a stud.

AU is going to sign a stud QB this year. No worries here. Great crop of QB's this year.

WDE, not being disrespectful, but, I have watched the highlight films of most of the guys we seem to be going after and the only one that looks like a stud at this point is Pass. The others look a lot like Kodi Burns types.Just based on my untrained eye. Also, no one we are recruiting that I know of looks as good as Shea Patterson or UGA's committed QB.

Please, set me straight. Thanks

Shea Patterson needs to be #1 on our board, with Pass #2. I don't think we have a realistic shot at flipping Eason at this point or really any point in the future. I do believe we could flip Patterson though. Our offense is dirty good every year that Malzahn runs it. We should never be out of it for any offensive recruit, but some kids are just super fanboys of other schools. Honestly, I just fully believe that if you play for Auburn under this current coaching staff and don't make it to the NFL, it's because you were never going to make it to the NFL. This staff is unreal.

AU is going to sign a stud QB this year. No worries here. Great crop of QB's this year.

WDE, not being disrespectful, but, I have watched the highlight films of most of the guys we seem to be going after and the only one that looks like a stud at this point is Pass. The others look a lot like Kodi Burns types.Just based on my untrained eye. Also, no one we are recruiting that I know of looks as good as Shea Patterson or UGA's committed QB.

Please, set me straight. Thanks

I think Patterson is the #1 guy and after that I'm not sure how the board stacks up. I'm told Pass and the others still needed to do some work, like camping at AU, before AU really got serious about who they want. Which will happen over the next couple of months. Don't look for AU to get into a big hurry unless they, AU, feels they found their guy. And AU isn't giving up on Patterson and if OM bombs this year who knows.

I can't believe people are really complaining about our QB's. NM did a great job the past two years. JJ will do a great job and TQ will push him hard for the starting job. Ohio St. is a rare situation where they have three really good QB's and got another good one this year, and we really don't know if they will all stay. My point is that you can't get a 5* every year. 5*s want to play quick. Right now we have two really good QB's and a couple more that we just signed. As long as Gus is at AU I will not worry very much about what we have on the Off. side of the ball.

Archived