2016 QB's

JFDTiger80

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the bits and pieces of information I have gathered recently, I do not want Pass.

From the bits and pieces I've gathered the AU staff is still not 100% sure about Pass. Not sure what questions the AU staff has about Pass. Barrett seems to be trending here.

From the bits and pieces of information I have gathered recently, I do not want Pass.

From the bits and pieces I've gathered the AU staff is still not 100% sure about Pass. Not sure what questions the AU staff has about Pass. Barrett seems to be trending here.

good to know

My short perspective on QBs:

Henry, Patterson and Kendall will stick with their commitment.

Pass will ended up at Louisville.

Guarantano will ended up at Rutgers.

Haskins will ended up with a school from ACC.

I think Ervin Barrett will sign with Auburn. If not, AU will go after Gaines from FLA, Kasey Ford from ARK (6-6 and 257 pounds) and Brandon Peters from IND (HS teammate of Elijah Daniel).

My short perspective on QBs:

Henry, Patterson and Kendall will stick with their commitment.

Pass will ended up at Louisville.

Guarantano will ended up at Rutgers.

Haskins will ended up with a school from ACC.

I think Ervin Barrett will sign with Auburn. If not, AU will go after Gaines from FLA, Kasey Ford from ARK (6-6 and 257 pounds) and Brandon Peters from IND (HS teammate of Elijah Daniel).

I do think Barrett is pretty good right now and may be very good by he end of his season this year. I hope he is getting some good coaching on mechanics.

West Orange coaches are OK not great. The school is huge and has never really done anything in the playoffs. Especially compared to Apopka which is just down the road

“@RivalsFriedman: #Auburn #WDE & #Kentucky #BBN are in good position for #Rivals100 QB Austin Kendall http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Austin-Kendall-153238

Austin Kendall has officially decommitted from Tenessee. I believe that we are in good position if we want him.

"@RivalsFriedman: #Auburn #WDE & #Kentucky #BBN are in good position for #Rivals100 QB Austin Kendall http://sports.yahoo....-Kendall-153238

Austin Kendall has officially decommitted from Tenessee. I believe that we are in good position if we want him.

By "we" you mean our coaching staff. There are some on this forum who do not want to sign a drop back QB. CGM seems to favor trying to sign one of each (DB and DT) in every class if he can find the right guy. Math says if we are successful in that effort there could be too many QBs on scholarship. Fortunately some move to another position, some transfer, some leave early for NFL, and some may move on with their lives. Numbers usually do work themselves out.

I don't think we're looking to sign "one of each" every year; we're just looking for the best QB we can find period. If Jacob Eason (UGA commit) called tomorrow and said "I'll flip and sign but only if I'm the only QB in the class" we'd stop recruiting Pass, Barrett, etc. on the spot.

I don't think we're looking to sign "one of each" every year; we're just looking for the best QB we can find period. If Jacob Eason (UGA commit) called tomorrow and said "I'll flip and sign but only if I'm the only QB in the class" we'd stop recruiting Pass, Barrett, etc. on the spot.

You could be right, but I'm not so sure our staff is into letting a recruit (no matter highly ranked) make these kind of demands. But there could be exceptions. Desperation can make people (and coaches) hold their noses and say OK sometimes.

You could be right, but I'm not so sure our staff is into letting a recruit (no matter highly ranked) make these kind of demands. But there could be exceptions. Desperation can make people (and coaches) hold their noses and say OK sometimes.

He was making a point.

5 Star QBs out of HS do not always live up to the hype or transition well to the NCAA level.

Here are some examples (we have at least 2 of them as well).

1. Kyle Wright --Miami: Bust

2. Rhett Bomar -- Oklahoma. Dismissed from team. Had an OK career when he did play in College. Never made it in NFL.

3. Xavier Lee -- FSU. Bust. Tried serveral different positions at FSU. Never made it as NCAA QB.

4. Matthew Tuiiasosopo -- Washington -- Never played a single down as QB.d

5. Ryan Perriloux -- LSU Played for two seasons at LSU with an impressive 704 yards passing, 8 TDs in two years. Bust

6. Mitch Mustang Arkansas --- Bust. 13 TDs - 12 Interceptions. Benched

7. Dayne Christ -Notre Dame. OK college career, nothing spectacular.

8. Russel Sheppard --LSU -- Played Wide Receiver, not QB

9. Garrett Gilbert -- Texas. Bust. Transferred from Texas 10.

Moral of the story? -- Spectacular in HS does not always translate to NCAA levels.

Who wouldn't love to have a lowly three star Tom Brady on their team?

If signing day was today, I'd love to see us sign Jawon Pass and Austin Kendall.

JMO but I am really not feeling Austin Kendall right now. He has a funny motion.

If signing day was today, I'd love to see us sign Jawon Pass and Austin Kendall.

JMO but I am really not feeling Austin Kendall right now. He has a funny motion.

• 2 weeks later...

Pass was wearing AU socks at the Rivals competition in Buford, GA this weekend. He earned a trip the the regional Elite 11'competition.

I personally do not think we need 2 QBs in this class. I'll be happy with just one really good one.

Archived