Auburn at the 2015 NFL Combine

RunInRed

We will update this thread throughout the day/weekend ...

• DB/QB Nick Marshall
    • Says his agent got call 2 weeks ago saying some teams wanted to see him throw, so he decided to attend Combine as QB.
    • On splitting time at QB, CB: "I'm going to commit to one of them, but I'm open to playing any position."
    • So far he's met with the Bills, Seahawks, Raiders and Packers.
    • 9 1/4" hands, 32 1/8" arm length
    • 12 reps on bench; 12th most by QB since 2006.
    • 4.54 40yd dash
    • 4.15 20yd shuttle
    • 6.96 three-cone drill
    • 37.5" vertical jump
    • 10'4" broad jump

• RB Cameron Artis-Payne
    • 5'11 / 210lbs
    • 8 7/8" hands, 29 5/8" arm length
    • CAP among six RBs not to take part in bench press
    • 4.54 40yd dash
    • 7.13 three-cone
    • 36.5" vertical jump
    • 118" broad jump

• WR Sammie Coates
    • 6'1 / 212lbs
    • 33 3/8" arms, 9 3/8" hands
    • Coates, who has had a number of drops in his career, caught 10 of 11 catchable balls of 20+ yards in final season at Auburn.
    • 23 bench reps; tied for best among WRs, 6th best since 2006, better than 9 OL.
    • 4.45 (1st attempt), 4.43 (2nd attempt) 40yd dash, 10yd split of 1.59
    • 6.89 three-cone
    • 4.03 short shuttle
    • 11.8 60yd shuttle
    • 41" vertical jump (6th best among WRs since 2006)
    • 10'-11" broad jump (10th best among WRs since 2006)

• OL Reese Dismukes
    • 6'3 / 296lbs
    • 8 7/8" hands, 32 1/4" arm length
    • 23 reps on the bench press
    • 5.24 40yd dash
    • 1.81 and 1.85 in 10yd sprints
    • 8.14 seconds in the three-cone (22nd OL, second at center)
    • 4.7 seconds in the 20-yard shuttle (17th OL, second at center)
    • 27.5-inch vertical (25th OL, best at center)
    • 107-inch broad jump (11th OL, best at center)

• DL Angelo Blackson
    • 6'4 / 319lbs
    • 9 3/4" hands, 33 3/4" arm length
    • 20 bench reps
    • 5.06, 5.03 40yd dash
    • 4.57 20-yard shuttle
    • 7.5 three-cone drill
    • 31" vertical jump
    • 8'5" broad jump

B-dMC0jIYAAC3KP.jpg

• DL Gabe Wright
    • 6'3 / 299lbs
    • 10 3/4" hands, 32 5/8" arm length
    • 34 bench reps (2nd most for DL)
    • 5.09, 5.08 40yd dash
    • 4.56 20-yard shuttle
    • 26.5" vertical jump
    • 8'4" broad jump
    • 7.73 three-cone drill

• DB Jermaine Whitehead
    • 5'11 / 192lbs
    • 9 3/8" hands, 31" arm length
    • 4.59 40 yard dash (12th best)
    • 37" vertical jump (5th best)
    • 10'8" broad jump (2nd best)
    • 15 reps on bench press (8th best)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew some teams would consider him at QB, especially in this garbage draft at the position. He could very well make the Bills as a starter at both QB & CB

The teams are interested in him as an emergency QB. That is why they want to see him throw. There is no chance in hell that he would start for the Bills.

I knew some teams would consider him at QB, especially in this garbage draft at the position. He could very well make the Bills as a starter at both QB & CB

The teams are interested in him as an emergency QB. That is why they want to see him throw. There is no chance in hell that he would start for the Bills.

Hey, it's the guy who usually thrashes Nick's chances at QB, surprising to see you here

Hey, it's the guy who usually thrashes Nick's chances at QB, surprising to see you here

Trashing? Nick himself was well aware of his "chances"; hence why he didn't even bother to participate as a QB at the Senior Bowl. Nothing will change with his Combine QB performance; there isn't much he can do there to convince anyone otherwise. The teams that want to see him throw are doing so because there is interest in him as an emergency QB, as I just stated. It has nothing to do with teams all of a sudden deciding that he's good enough to start.

Gabe was clearly asked to put weight back on. He's a solid 10-15 pounds heavier than he was in season. Good move. He can flash explosive plays inside but he didn't look like 3-4 end this year. He's a 4-3 tackle all the way.

Looks like Artis-Payne didn't lift. Michael Dyer put up a positional second best 26 reps at 5'8 218 pounds.

@JamesCrepea: Source: Cameron Artis-Payne had sprained AC joint during the season. "Nothing major" but not ready to bench yet, will do it at Pro Day.

Looks like Artis-Payne didn't lift. Michael Dyer put up a positional second best 26 reps at 5'8 218 pounds.

Dyer really "smoked" it... the "guns" are really strong.

What? Too soon?

Dyer has T-rex arms. He should have done 40 with those canons he has

His arms are 30 and 5/8 inches. Actually a full inch longer than Artis-Payne's. His arms are a bit longer than you'd expect from a 5'8 back.

Really? I guess due to the fact that they are tree trunks makes them look short. Good call. I never would have thought that . Especially with him being 5 8....

What are the odds that someone will eventually come up with a NCAA recruiting combine and get similar measurements of high school recruits? You gotta think that is a solid vein of gold ore waiting to be mined.

What are the odds that someone will eventually come up with a NCAA recruiting combine and get similar measurements of high school recruits? You gotta think that is a solid vein of gold ore waiting to be mined.

The Opening by Nike in Oregon has essentially become the equivalent. I'd venture to say it will expand in number of invites and in length of time over the next 3-4 years and end up generating more buzz than it is currently.

the UA or army games are kind of the same.

Marshall not thought has as an emergency qb. He can be used in packages and devolped.He has one thing going for him,he is coachable. Coates lazy routes and drops didnt make Marshall look great at times.Coates should of stayed. I wouldnt be suprised if he starts for the Rams where all Auburn players go because of Fishers connection to the team.Bradford always hurt.

Archived