Auburn Future Power Five Non-Conference Opponent(s) in 2018 & 2019

WarEagleAU

I don't think we will add a team from ACC (Clemson in 16' & 17') and Pac-12 (California in 20' & 21') if we decided to schedule a home-and-away football series.

Probably a team from Big Ten or Big 12.

Big 12:

Baylor added Duke in 18'.

Kansas St added Miss St in 18' & 19'.

Oklahoma added UCLA in 18' & 19'.

TCU added Ohio St in 18' & 19'.

Texas added Maryland/USC in 18' & LSU in 19'.

West Virginia added NC State in 18' & 19' / Tennessee in 18' / Missouri in 19'.

Big Ten:

Michigan added Arkansas in 18' & 19'.

Michigan St added Arizona St in 18' & 19'.

Nebraska added Colorado in 18' & 19'.

Northwestern added Notre Dame & Duke in 18' & Stanford & Army in 19'.

Ohio St - See TCU.

Purdue added Missouri in 18'.

Rutgers added Kansas in 18' & Miami in 18' & 19'.

There are 5 teams on my mind: Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

--- OR ---

2018: Arizona, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Oregon

2019: Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, Oregon

I'd go with Penn State (home-and-away football series) or Notre Dame in 18' / Florida State in 19'.

Thoughts?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Arizona could end up being an attractive match up for a home and home series. Rich Rod has them playing well and recruiting better than they ever have out on the West Coast.

I think Arizona could end up being an attractive match up for a home and home series. Rich Rod has them playing well and recruiting better than they ever have out on the West Coast.

I don't see us play against any team from pac-12 for four years in row.

I'd go for Penn State, Arizona, or the Notre Dame/FSU switch up for those years. Wisconsin is like Clemson, where we've played them too much and it'd be better to get someone else. Not interested in Texas Texh or OSU, and Minnesota is just blah.

Point taken. A neutral site game vs a big time power 5 team in back to back years seems much more viable.

Point taken. A neutral site game vs a big time power 5 team in back to back years seems much more viable.

Agreed. I would see us to play a neutral site in Orlando or Jacksonville then Dallas or Houston. I'm getting tired of playing in Georgia Dome. I'm hearing we will see more neutral-site games, including Jacksonville, Orlando, Nashville and Charlotte.

I would like ND or Oregon for a home and home. PSU would be good too. Two neutral site games would be nice and likely more probable. Dallas should be on one of those. I wonder if they will start playing these neutral site games out west. If they go ahead and build that new stadium out in LA, that would be great for college to have season opener out there between two teams that don't see each other much.

I'd like to play Oklahoma State. My sister is a graduate and I had friends that went there. Lot of similarities between the Auburn and Stillwater. Plus I don't have any more Eskimo Joe's cups and could use a restock.

I do not want to travel to Pennsylvania.

I would enthusiastically welcome a H&H with Oregon or Notre Dame.

Miami would be a great trip. But, something in me sees that as a trap game.

UTAustin... That'd be nice.

Do y'all realize how expensive SF is? When we travel to play Cal... talk about $20 hamburgers and $300/night hotel rooms.

Though Auburn has never played Michigan, Notre Dame or Penn State, I think AU fans would like to see us in a series with FSU and Penn State. I'd love it. I'm looking forward to the Cal series in 20 and 21.

Though Auburn has never played Michigan, Notre Dame or Penn State, I think AU fans would like to see us in a series with FSU and Penn State. I'd love it. I'm looking forward to the Cal series in 20 and 21.

Auburn has played Michigan and Penn State twice. Auburn is 1-1 against each of those schools. Research is your friend.

Now, this is one of the most worthless, overdone and stupid threads we ever do here. Some of you act like we can just pick up the phone and call the AD of whatever school we want and tell them to be here on a certain date. It does NOT work that way people. Then when we don't schedule a team not up to someones liking,(Like Clemson or Georgia Tech) they blindly cast the blame at Jacobs because of nothing but hatred for Jacobs, without even remotely considering the idea that Auburn contacted most of those schools some of you yammer on and on about and those schools told us no. Use a little common sense people and consider the fact that another program we've reached out to, told us NO to a home and home series.

2018 and 2019 might be a little difficult to set up a big name opponent now but beyond the cal series I bet we could set something up with someone. Oregon has traveled to Knoxville. I'm sure we could get them on a home and home. If we play well and have some big time success these next few years we should be able to upgrade our non conference opponents. I don't mind the neutral site games. Those are cool too.

Auburn has played Michigan and Penn State twice. Auburn is 1-1 against each of those schools. Research is your friend.

Now, this is one of the most worthless, overdone and stupid threads we ever do here. Some of you act like we can just pick up the phone and call the AD of whatever school we want and tell them to be here on a certain date. It does NOT work that way people. Then when we don't schedule a team not up to someones liking,(Like Clemson or Georgia Tech) they blindly cast the blame at Jacobs because of nothing but hatred for Jacobs, without even remotely considering the idea that Auburn contacted most of those schools some of you yammer on and on about and those schools told us no. Use a little common sense people and consider the fact that another program we've reached out to, told us NO to a home and home series.

Common sense will also tell you that Clemson & Ga Tech are not the only programs that want to play Auburn. This thread is not stupid. Jay Jacobs has proven that he will listen to the masses if we get loud enough. There are important people that look at this board, and they need to know what the fans want. And they don't want Clemson or Ga Tech!

Honestly with the bow tie in between the SEC and the Big 10 I doubt you will see much interest in regular season match ups with them.

Notre Dame has told us no previously to a home and home before.

I don't think we will add a team from ACC (Clemson in 16' & 17') and Pac-12 (California in 20' & 21') if we decided to schedule a home-and-away football series.

Probably a team from Big Ten or Big 12.

Big 12:

Baylor added Duke in 18'.

Kansas St added Miss St in 18' & 19'.

Oklahoma added UCLA in 18' & 19'.

TCU added Ohio St in 18' & 19'.

Texas added Maryland/USC in 18' & LSU in 19'.

West Virginia added NC State in 18' & 19' / Tennessee in 18' / Missouri in 19'.

Big Ten:

Michigan added Arkansas in 18' & 19'.

Michigan St added Arizona St in 18' & 19'.

Nebraska added Colorado in 18' & 19'.

Northwestern added Notre Dame & Duke in 18' & Stanford & Army in 19'.

Ohio St - See TCU.

Purdue added Missouri in 18'.

Rutgers added Kansas in 18' & Miami in 18' & 19'.

There are 5 teams on my mind: Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

--- OR ---

2018: Arizona, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Oregon

2019: Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, Oregon

I'd go with Penn State (home-and-away football series) or Notre Dame in 18' / Florida State in 19'.

Thoughts?

Id take miami. Very winnable and good place to go for recruits. Beating miami means something even though they've sucked since the early 2000's ended

Michigan has also told us no previously to a home and home series before. However, both Notre Dame and Michigan said they would play us but only if we agree to play our home game in the Georgia Dome or The Jerry Dome.

I would love to play Notre Dame and UCLA.

Archived