2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

image.jpg

Derrick Brown, DT

Buford, GA (Lanier)

Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 293

- Recruiter: Garner

- Unofficial visit to AU 3/08/14

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 4, No. 2 DT)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 93, No. 11 DT)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 7, No. 2 DT)

Scout: 5* (Scout No. 4, No. 2 DT)

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Brigham Young, Clemson, East Carolina, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Louisville, LSU, Miami (Fl.), Middle Tennessee State, Mississippi State, NC State, Nebraska, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin, among others.

Top 8 (as of 2/23/15) ...

B_jf_P_KCMAAz0_DO.jpg

Hudl Highlights

3074244.jpg

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another really nice GA DT for 2016. He and Rochester wold look good on Auburn's field at the same time.

Another really nice GA DT for 2016. He and Rochester wold look good on Auburn's field at the same time.

Totally agree! That would be one heck of an interior. (Sidenote) #9 stood out on that film too.

This guy should be our top target. His video is awesome. He has one thing you cant teach and that is determination. Kid never gives up on a play. He runs down field a number of times to make the play. We need that.

This guy should be our top target. His video is awesome. He has one thing you cant teach and that is determination. Kid never gives up on a play. He runs down field a number of times to make the play. We need that.

Don't forget about level of competition. Rochester is playing agAinst the best in GA. Rochester IMO should be our clear #1 choice.

Don't forget about level of competition.

Brown made his giant leap in ranking after he completely dominated at the Georgia Rising Seniors all-star event, so level of competition shouldn't be a worry for him. I'm not sure if Rochester was there or not to compare. I do know that both attended a Nike combine event and Rochester tested better athletically across the board. We definitely have a better shot with Rochester, although UGA just moved up a lot for him.

He's at a AAAAA school that's in a solid region. Level of competition isn't an issue.

We need defensive linemen in the worst way for the 2016 class. We are thin here now and once our current starters leave we will be extremely thin at this position.

Let's hope we rack up and pull in the # 1 D-Line class in the country!

We are thin here now

We are not thin. I have no idea why people keep repeating this.

Adams, Russell, Lawrence, Swain with Lambert and Daniel both being able to play inside. Thats not even counting Johnson who will likely redshirt.

You need about 5 to play in the rotation. Everyone else will barely see the field.

We are thin here now

Adams, Russell, Lawrence, Swain with Lambert and Daniel both being able to play inside. Thats not even counting Johnson who will likely redshirt.

You need about 5 to play in the rotation. Everyone else will barely see the field.

This. DT's are not the problem, DE's and CB's are.

We are thin here now

I don't remember Lambert playing inside. I believe this is an assumption based on his measurements.

It's also not just about this year but next year as well.

and if we are thin at de, It seems Lambert is our second most experienced and productive end behind Lawson. . Don't see them moving him in depending on how coaches want to rotate with Byron and Carl.Daniel is probably third, but really might play inside If Williams and Kennion make moves in spring.

We are thin here now

I don't remember Lambert playing inside. I believe this is an assumption based on his measurements.

It's also not just about this year but next year as well.

and if we are thin at de, It seems Lambert is our second most experienced and productive end behind Lawson. . Don't see them moving him in depending on how coaches want to rotate with Byron and Carl.Daniel is probably third, but really might play inside If Williams and Kennion make moves in spring.

Not an assumption, most including myself think Lambert will move inside.

He played DE last year because we had no one else. Its the same reason why Adams and Wright were playing DE as well at times.

Lambert is ~6'2 290+ pounds. While he was formidable at DE, his best fit was always at DT. He doesn't possess the physical tools to stand out at DE.

He played DE last year because we had no one else. Its the same reason why Adams and Wright were playing DE as well at times.

Lambert is ~6'2 290+ pounds. While he was formidable at DE, his best fit was always at DT. He doesn't possess the physical tools to stand out at DE.

My knowledge of Muschamp's D is still pretty limited, but it seems to me like Lambert would be a prime candidate to line up just inside the buck so that he can float between a 3-tech DE if the buck is standing up and a 3-tech DT if the buck has his hand in the dirt. It seems like he could offer a good bit of flexibility to our front next year.

My knowledge of Muschamp's D is still pretty limited, but it seems to me like Lambert would be a prime candidate to line up just inside the buck so that he can float between a 3-tech DE if the buck is standing up and a 3-tech DT if the buck has his hand in the dirt. It seems like he could offer a good bit of flexibility to our front next year.

Good point.

We are thin here now

Not talking about this year. As I stated when this current group graduates or turns pro.

• 5 weeks later...

As much as people here don't want to admit, UGA's staff is out-working us this Spring. EJ Price, Derrick Brown, and Julian Rochester have visited UGA multiple times these Spring and they are still going back.

Derrick Brown is in Athens again today.

As much as people here don't want to admit, UGA's staff is out-working us this Spring. EJ Price, Derrick Brown, and Julian Rochester have visited UGA multiple times these Spring and they are still going back.

That's easy to say but Brown and Price also live 45 or so min from UGA as opposed to 2 hours from AU. I'd go to the closer place too. Rochester is roughly the same from both so I can see your argument there. Expect him to get a lot of pressure to go to UGA from his HS HC, his son is a 2017 QB that may commit to UGA any day now.

So what? It's still incredibly early.

Archived