2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith Niebuhr@Keith247Sports 13m13 minutes ago

#UGA still in front, but 5-star DT @DerrickBrown90 says #Auburn impressed him today

we are a close second. I wonder what we need to show him we should be first after a visit?

A much improved defense on the field this Fall?

Keith Niebuhr@Keith247Sports 13m13 minutes ago

#UGA still in front, but 5-star DT @DerrickBrown90 says #Auburn impressed him today

we are a close second. I wonder what we need to show him we should be first after a visit?

A much improved defense on the field this Fall?

:) yeah that would be a start

• 1 month later...

This kid tells it like it is. He is a straight shooter. Sounds like we are a serious contender for him. Awesome.

UGA no longer leads per this free video by Scout. Some of it is hard to hear. http://recruiting.sc...d-straight?s=73

There are rumbling FWIW that AU may be making up ground.

UGA still leads .. he apparently had a spat with a UGA fan on twitter about already being committed but that relationship with Tracey Rocker and Jeremy Pruitt will be near impossible to break. Rocker has been building this relationship since he started at UGA

UGA no longer leads per this free video by Scout. Some of it is hard to hear. http://recruiting.sc...d-straight?s=73

UGA still leads

Not per his words straight up in that video linked in my post you quoted. I still think goes to UGA but I'm gonna take him at his word here.

UGA still leads

Not per his words straight up in that video linked in my post you quoted. I still think goes to UGA but I'm gonna take him at his word here.

I hear ya and yeah, the videos have meaning .. but do you think any kid is going to kill those relationships and change their mind (I believe his mind has been made up for a while) over one poster being stupid (which is really what it boils down to). Check this link out ..

http://georgia.247sports.com/Board/19/Contents/5-star-DT-Derrick-Brown-changes-it-up-37465820

UGA still leads

I hear ya and yeah, the videos have meaning .. but do you think any kid is going to kill those relationships and change their mind (I believe his mind has been made up for a while) over one poster being stupid (which is really what it boils down to). Check this link out ..

http://georgia.247sp...-it-up-37465820

I don't think it comes down to just 1 poster for UGA not leading even though that upset him. nor is there an implication of him killing relationships. I have heard from a few credible places that AU has legitimately made up ground on their own work & is recruiting his family very well. And I don't think he has made up his mind yet either. You could very well be right too. We just disagree for the moment til more info comes out.

Heard from some around Lanier, had to do some digging, but they are around Brown at times. Seems the misunderstanding came from soooo many feeling he was such a uga favorite that he should have already committed when the kid really just wanted to enjoy the process of the recruitment. Right now, he is not enjoying it as he is hearing from fans on all sides but felt that if he just came out and said that all teams are on equal footing right now, there won't be such an expectation for him to just up and commit somewhere before he is really ready. That being said, word is he wants to be coached by Rock.

Where did all these fleas come from...?

Oh yeah. I forget to look at post counts. Seems like a flushing would be good.

Where did all these fleas come from...?

Oh yeah. I forget to look at post counts. Seems like a flushing would be good.

+1

So I am supposed to stick with the "We have a great chance at all of them!" line or don't post at all?

No, but it's pretty interesting that the very moment something positive comes out about Derrick Brown, somebody shows up to bring it all back down to UGA still leading. If your info is real, cool thank you! But you did just kind of come out of nowhere.

So I am supposed to stick with the "We have a great chance at all of them!" line or don't post at all?

No, but it's pretty interesting that the very moment something positive comes out about Derrick Brown, somebody shows up to bring it all back down to UGA still leading. If your info is real, cool thank you! But you did just kind of come out of nowhere.

Cuz 247boards are just over the top out of control .. civility and objective conversation is never overrated. I live MUCH farther south from all of this, just have connections into some of the high schools around the Ga region. Trying to find out info about Rochester too but that's another thread.

Cuz 247boards are just over the top out of control .. civility and objective conversation is never overrated. I live MUCH farther south from all of this, just have connections into some of the high schools around the Ga region. Trying to find out info about Rochester too but that's another thread.

Well glad to have you here at AUF, thanks for the info!

Well glad to have you here at AUF, thanks for the info!

Thank you ... Good to be here .. I lurked for a while at first and because the DL convo didn't seem like total meltdown and the amount of DBs leaving the team this offseason didn't cause a 247 panic, it seemed safe to jump on. I try for objectivity first and foremost. If it's good for the team, the it's good to post. But if it's not, then I want to double check and even check it again before throwing stuff out that isn't so positive.

Pretty much.

LOL, noted .. There's nothing but sunshine and flowers in the recruiting backyard ... it's all good .. I am all about sharing the news from sources positive or negative

Pretty much.

LOL, noted .. There's nothing but sunshine and flowers in the recruiting backyard ... it's all good .. I am all about sharing the news from sources positive or negative

You forgot lollipops

Archived