Girls bball teams in Tennessee tank games, coaches fired.

cooltigger21

Saw this last night ... Pathetic and morbidly funny at the same time. Coaches losing site of what is important. You'd like to think some of the players would have revolted but they are gonna typically do as coach says.

Feel bad for the kids and how they are lead. Can only hope this was a "one off" by the coaches and they regret it.

I have a different opinion on this. There was much to be gained by losing this game for both teams. That in itself is backwards. The only times I ever remember a team that could benefit from a loss, was when only one team had that riding on it. The other team either needed to win or it didn't matter so it's easy to lose convincingly if the opponent is trying to win. I can't blame a coach for putting his team in a better chance to win and advance. It sucks for them that they win and are awarded with a game that is a sure loss.

They are a little nuts about girls basketball in Tenn and have been for many years before title 9. . Even before they changed the rules trying to make it watchable. They use to have 3 offense and 3 defense players on each team who had to stay on opposite ends of the court and they used the same basketball as the mens teams.

Archived