Jon Stewart Challenges Fox to a "Lie Off"

homersapien

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First one I tapped on wasn't a lie.

" Some doctors say Ebola can be transmitted through the air by sneeze or cough." - George Will, Oct. 19, 2014

Politifact: Our ruling

Will said that some scientists say that Ebola can be transmitted in public by a sneeze or a cough. The source of that was a commentary about the risks to hospital workers treating people in advanced stages of the disease. One of the authors of that commentary said her work applied only to health care workers in those settings.

The medical literature says sneezing and coughing are not part of the disease’s typical symptoms, and experts we reached drew a bright line between what might happen in a hospital isolation ward and a person with early symptoms of Ebola before he or she is admitted.

There is no evidence that Ebola has been transmitted in the general public through coughing or sneezing.

Will took a medical commentary out of context. We rate the claim False.

Update (Noon, Oct. 20): After we published this item, we heard from some folks who disagreed with our ruling. Read our response here.

Was George Will wrong ? Seems yes, he likely was.

Did George Will knowingly LIE, putting forth false information, with the intent to deceive anyone ?

No evidence given for that claim, so the answer has to be, until shown otherwise - NO.

NOT A LIE.

FOX - 1

The Daily Show - 0

Being wrong does not = LYING.

This is just more juvenile, self congratulating nonsense by Jon and the Left to serve as cover for bashing FOX.

Nothing to see here.

"Will took a medical commentary out of context"

"Took...out of context"

That's not being wrong, that's spreading false information, and it was done for political gain. It's a lie.

"Took...out of context"

That's not being wrong, that's spreading false information, and it was done for political gain. It's a lie.

No it isn't. There's no proof he knew it to be other than what he said it was.

He was wrong.

This is the same damn bull**** the Left tried to pull on saying Bush lied, per Iraq. Even though it was EXACTLY the same thing Clinton had said, when he was in office.

Hillary flat out lies ( Benghazi, Sniper fire, etc... ) and the left ADORES her !!!!

Conservatives DON'T lie, and yet they still act as if some great crime against humanity has occurred, and it's all because of FOX !!!

Children. That's what the Left are. Idiots who never grew up, and continue to act and carry on like spoiled brats.

"Took...out of context"

No it isn't. There's no proof he knew it to be other than what he said it was.

He was wrong.

This is the same damn bull**** the Left tried to pull on saying Bush lied, per Iraq. Even though it was EXACTLY the same thing Clinton had said, when he was in office.

So you still do not smoke, except when you are smoking, right? I don't believe you are qualified to measure what represents truth.

" Some doctors say Ebola can be transmitted through the air by sneeze or cough." - George Will, Oct. 19, 2014

Will said that some scientists say that Ebola can be transmitted in public by a sneeze or a cough. The source of that was a commentary about the risks to hospital workers treating people in advanced stages of the disease. One of the authors of that commentary said her work applied only to health care workers in those settings.

The medical literature says sneezing and coughing are not part of the disease’s typical symptoms, and experts we reached drew a bright line between what might happen in a hospital isolation ward and a person with early symptoms of Ebola before he or she is admitted.

There is no evidence that Ebola has been transmitted in the general public through coughing or sneezing.

Update (Noon, Oct. 20): After we published this item, we heard from some folks who disagreed with our ruling. Read our response here.

Did George Will knowingly LIE, putting forth false information, with the intent to deceive anyone ?

No evidence given for that claim, so the answer has to be, until shown otherwise - NO.

NOT A LIE.

FOX - 1

The Daily Show - 0

This is just more juvenile, self congratulating nonsense by Jon and the Left to serve as cover for bashing FOX.

Nothing to see here.

LOL!!! You guys certainly don't have a problem with rationalizing a lie when it comes to Fox.

Hillary flat out lies ( Benghazi, Sniper fire, etc... ) and the left ADORES her !!!!

Conservatives DON'T lie, and yet they still act as if some great crime against humanity has occurred, and it's all because of FOX !!!

Children. That's what the Left are. Idiots who never grew up, and continue to act and carry on like spoiled brats.

Now now, I warned you about that blood pressure. ;D

NOT A LIE.

FOX - 1

The Daily Show - 0

Nothing to see here.

LOL!!! You guys certainly don't have a problem with rationalizing a lie when it comes to Fox.

You should get him started on El Limbo. :popcorn:

So you still do not smoke, except when you are smoking, right? I don't believe you are qualified to measure what represents truth.

Correct. I don't smoke with any frequency that would have the least bit of impact on my health.

You really do have a personal issue w/ this cigar smoking thing. I wonder, did someone burn a cigar out on your forearm as a child or something ? What's the deal here. Why the obsession w/ cigars ?

I'm more than qualified to speak on the matter of truth. For you to suggest otherwise is a LIE !

Right. When you're trapped, change the subject!

How am I trapped ?

:lol:

It's called contrast, genius.

Hillary lied ( I give known, proven examples ) and none of the 50 " lies " by Stewart are lies at all.

More like buried you & stomping on your asinine premise.

Correct. I don't smoke with any frequency that would have the least bit of impact on my health.

You really do have a personal issue w/ this cigar smoking thing. I wonder, did someone burn a cigar out on your forearm as a child or something ? What's the deal here. Why the obsession w/ cigars ?

I'm more than qualified to speak on the matter of truth. For you to suggest otherwise is a LIE !

So, let me attempt to understand your point of view.

If person A, we'll call him Raptor, says proudly, "I don't smoke" and, person B, we'll call him cigar obsessed libturd, says, "hey, don't you smoke cigars", that makes cigar obsessed libturd the liar?

Is that it? Did I miss anything?

You missed a great deal.

I don't smoke cigars with anything resembling habitual friequency, yet for some reason, you're obsessed with the issue.

Now now, I warned you about that blood pressure. ;D

How am I trapped ?

Hillary lied ( I give know, proven examples ) and none of the 50 " lies " by Stewart are lies at all.

Says the foxbot. :laugh:

You missed a great deal.

I don't tell the truth with anything resembling habitual friequency, yet for some reason, you're obsessed with the issue.

FIFY

Cigars aren't the issue and, never will be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no matter how hard you try to change the subject.

You missed a great deal.

I don't smoke cigars with anything resembling habitual friequency, yet for some reason, you're obsessed with the issue.

FIFY

Cigars aren't the issue and, never will be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no matter how hard you try to change the subject.

Fixed it back , to correctly represent what I said.

You're the one lying here.

Where have I lied ? Seriously, stop being a dick head and just say it.

How am I trapped ?

Hillary lied ( I give know, proven examples ) and none of the 50 " lies " by Stewart are lies at all.

Somewhere in the defects of that sentence, there is a field day for Freudian analysis.

You missed a great deal.

FIFY

Fixed it back , to correctly represent what I said.

You're the one lying here.

Where have I lied ? Seriously, stop being a dick head and just say it.

Sorry, didn't mean to upset you. Smoking and high blood pressure are a bad mix. I'll let it go.

You don't smoke. There okay. Now go have a cigar and forget about it.

Archived