Iran blows up replica of U.S. carrier

cooltigger21

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iran is and always has been more of a threat than Iraq ever was.

Yes they are. Now this little exercise, taken in a vacum, doesn't mean much. We could squash them if we were so inclined. The problem is we're not so inclined. In fact this administration seems like it thinks it's a good idea to let them keep working toward nukes. At the very least they aren't concerned about it. Whatever Iran does you can be sure this administration will not do anything about it except treat them to a lot of harsh rhetoric. They might not even do that.

Cool, Iran can attack a static, unarmed barge in the Strait of Hormuz...

You don't get it do you? This little exercise doesn't mean anything in and of itself. Taken in the context of letting them get nukes, which is what we're about to do, changes the whole equation.

How is Iran working toward getting nuclear weapons?

They are enriching uranium. Now tell me what else would they be doing with that but working toward getting nukes? Surely you don't buy the line that it's for medical research or for generating electric power? Do you have any faith in this administration or the IAEA to keep them from doing that. I sure don't. They've got such a great track record with these kind of things what with the way they handled North Korea and all.

You don't get it do you? This little exercise doesn't mean anything in and of itself. Taken in the context of letting them get nukes, which is what we're about to do, changes the whole equation.

Oh I get it. I've driven a ship trough the Straits of Hormuz. You think we just travel through Iran territorial waters without a plan? Look go stand on your street corner and rail at the President all you want but don't lump us into your incoherent rants. We know what we are doing and we know the threats. This was a dog and pony show. Stop using us as a tool to attack the President.

It was an in your face jab at America, the POTUS and our military. JMHO and it is as good as anybody else's speculation. unless they claim to be friends with the Ayatollah.

Oh I get it. I've driven a ship trough the Straits of Hormuz. You think we just travel through Iran territorial waters without a plan? Look go stand on your street corner and rail at the President all you want but don't lump us into your incoherent rants. We know what we are doing and we know the threats. This was a dog and pony show. Stop using us as a tool to attack the President.

How they hell did you ever get in the navy? They must have really been desperate Thank God you don't represent the entire military. If you do then God help us. I'll type slowly since I know your comprehension skills are weak. Your hero is screwing us and the world over. He's about to negotiate a deal that will allow Iran, the chief sponsor of terrorism in the world, to keep on enriching Uranium which they will eventually use to make nukes. My guess is they are much further along than anyone knows. Once they get them then what do you do? They will control that entire area.

They are enriching uranium. Now tell me what else would they be doing with that but working toward getting nukes? Surely you don't buy the line that it's for medical research or for generating electric power? Do you have any faith in this administration or the IAEA to keep them from doing that. I sure don't.

I do buy the line that they are enriching uranium for use in light-water reactors and research reactors, and that they are determined to be able to do so. They have not enriched uranium beyond the point that one would enrich uranium for those purposes. They have not attempted to enrich uranium to weapons grade. If they wanted a nuclear weapon, they have been at the point of being able to seriously pursue them and acquire them for some time. North Korea conducted an underground test in 2006. You honestly believe that Iran, with a far more advanced nuclear program than North Korea, could not produce one before them if they were so inclined?

They have repeatedly stated that they consider all weapons of mass destruction (not just nuclear weapons) to be against Islam. That is not idle international appeasement talk, those words have very real meaning in a place like Iran.

They are enriching uranium. Now tell me what else would they be doing with that but working toward getting nukes? Surely you don't buy the line that it's for medical research or for generating electric power? Do you have any faith in this administration or the IAEA to keep them from doing that. I sure don't.

I do buy the line that they are enriching uranium for use in light-water reactors and research reactors, and that they are determined to be able to do so. They have not enriched uranium beyond the point that one would enrich uranium for those purposes. They have not attempted to enrich uranium to weapons grade. If they wanted a nuclear weapon, they have been at the point of being able to seriously pursue them and acquire them for some time. North Korea conducted an underground test in 2006. You honestly believe that Iran, with a far more advanced nuclear program than North Korea, could not produce one before them if they were so inclined?

They have repeatedly stated that they consider all weapons of mass destruction (not just nuclear weapons) to be against Islam. That is not idle international appeasement talk, those words have very real meaning in a place like Iran.

Oh please. Your naivete is mind boggling and scary.

How they hell did you ever get in the navy? They must have really been desperate Thank God you don't represent the entire military. If you do then God help us. I'll type slowly since I know your comprehension skills are weak. Your hero is screwing us and the world over. He's about to negotiate a deal that will allow Iran, the chief sponsor of terrorism in the world, to keep on enriching Uranium which they will eventually use to make nukes. My guess is they are much further along than anyone knows. Once they get them then what do you do? They will control that entire area.

Wow what a rant. Go fear monger to someone else.

ct....just accept that you are dealing with a narcissist. He says he is an officer. I have decided he is a Petty Officer because he sure as heck is petty.

Stry....do you think Iran is marching toward the development of a nuclear bomb? Yes or no.

No. If they wanted nuclear weapons, they could have already had them.

Oh please. Your naivete is mind boggling and scary.

If you have something based in fact that can refute my "naivete", I await it patiently.

Stay.....I respect your opinion but could not disagree more. Why do you think they are openly testing a launch vehicle capable of delivering one?

Mock their capabilities all you want, but this is a fine example of the naive perspective this administration has in dealing w/ Iran.

We sided w/ the Muslim Brotherhood in Libya and Egypt, but didn't lift a damn finger to help the moderates in Iran during the Green Revolution.

Iran is and always has been more of a threat than Iraq ever was.

Yes they are. Now this little exercise, taken in a vacum, doesn't mean much. We could squash them if we were so inclined. The problem is we're not so inclined. In fact this administration seems like it thinks it's a good idea to let them keep working toward nukes. At the very least they aren't concerned about it. Whatever Iran does you can be sure this administration will not do anything about it except treat them to a lot of harsh rhetoric. They might not even do that.

It is as if barry wants them to have nukes to be fair to the peace loving muslims...

Commander Kevin Stephens, the spokesman for the US navy’s fifth fleet in Bahrain, said the Americans were monitoring the drills, which had no effect on maritime traffic. He downplayed the simulated attack on the carrier, saying the US military was “not concerned about this exercise”.

“We’re quite confident of our naval forces’ ability to defend themselves,” he said. “It seems they’ve attempted to destroy the equivalent of a Hollywood movie set.” http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/25/iran-revolutionary-guard-attacks-mock-us-aircraft-carrier

We all knew when they started building that dumb fake carrier that they'd use it for target practice. It's not like this particular instance of sword-rattling is suddenly some sort of revelation. Nobody in the U.S., including the administration or the Congress or the military is unaware of Iran's little shows -- their silly "space" program included.

The Middle East is a bucket of worms -- dictatorships, religious fanatics, mercenary groups, extraordinary wealth concentrated in tight families, all in a sandbox where everybody fights everybody and nobody really wins. It's been that way forever, it will continue to be that way forevermore. It is fantasy to believe that the U.S. can be any more successful than the Brits were before us in changing or controlling the many disparate warring elements. It's whack-a-mole with an unending population of moles, all dangerous, all evil.

The notion that the U.S,. is so all powerful that we can just march in there and take over Iran and eliminate ISIS and all will then be hunky-dory in the world is fantasy beyond insanity.

And by the way, Congress, which is now controlled by the right, is vested with the power to declare war. If there is such a huge imminent threat to the U.S. and the free world, they can force the issue by declaring war and funding it. Yet we don't see them doing that. Much more fun to just take jabs at the administration.

Archived