Baseball vs Jacksonville State

Some hard hit ball....AU takes the lead at 3-2. Nice to hear some ringing hits on my radio broadcast.

Compared to last season we have a months worth of extra base hits in this game....love the new ball. And love that Sunny is letting the guys hit away.

What the heck....Ebert with catch to save the game...no TV and no replay....home call? took several minutes to decide it but bull pen really stunk in the 9th....BUT it's a win.

Hard to tell here at the ballpark if he made that catch....but the game is won.

Hard to tell here at the ballpark if he made that catch....but the game is won.

was wondering ....the radio guys first thought he caught it, then missed it ...and then did not know.

Wonder how the umps made the decision...."cold...let's get out of there"......"he's out" :)

I think Eberts reaction and throw in threw everyone off. I thought he caught it but when he came up and fired it back in I wasn't so sure.

I think Eberts reaction and throw in threw everyone off. I thought he caught it but when he came up and fired it back in I wasn't so sure.

Good thing he caught that ball....remember Sunny's reaction last season when a guy missed one like that and let a bunch of runs score...which lost the game too if I remember. Bet the skin has still not grown back from the hiding he got.

Maybe the new calmer and milder :) Sunny would not react that way this year.

Good thing he caught that ball....remember Sunny's reaction last season when a guy missed one like that and let a bunch of runs score...which lost the game too if I remember. Bet the skin has still not grown back from the hiding he got.

Maybe the new calmer and milder :) Sunny would not react that way this year.

What a difference a year makes...however it was a much different context. 2-1 lead in the ninth against ETSU was just given away and not many guys seemed to care about it. Kelly dove for a ball he had no chance of getting to, nobody backed him up, batter runner goes all the way to third. AND there was nobody on base with the score tied 2-2 in the tenth inning. Just the bitter end to a bitter day and that's pretty much when reality set in for Golloway. And for some, now former, players.

Blake Logan starting to do some damage at the bottom of the lineup which would make a huge difference in the dreaded LOB category. Logan started the season 3 for 21. He has six hits in the last three games.

Nulph had two errors. The second with two outs and nobody on in the ninth. That's when the flood gates opened up.

Maybe the new calmer and milder :)/> Sunny would not react that way this year.

What a difference a year makes...however it was a much different context. 2-1 lead in the ninth against ETSU was just given away and not many guys seemed to care about it. Kelly dove for a ball he had no chance of getting to, nobody backed him up, batter runner goes all the way to third. AND there was nobody on base with the score tied 2-2 in the tenth inning. Just the bitter end to a bitter day and that's pretty much when reality set in for Golloway. And for some, now former, players.

Blake Logan starting to do some damage at the bottom of the lineup which would make a huge difference in the dreaded LOB category. Logan started the season 3 for 21. He has six hits in the last three games.

Nulph had two errors. The second with two outs and nobody on in the ninth. That's when the flood gates opened up.

Yep, those ninth inning errors can be killers but that's baseball....and the pitchers have to learn to pitch through stuff like that. That said, I'm optimistic about the season.

Meanwhile, just watched MSU beat Ariz earlier today...what a good game, well played by both teams....I just love college baseball....and love it even more when it's played well...especially by AU.

Archived