MOH for Kyle. Deserved or Political Stunt

Texan4Auburn

I hate them, every freaking politician. Once again using the Military as their tool for gain. With all due respect to Chief Kyle who is highly decorated, if the Navy or his theater commander felt he was deserving for the MOH they would have recommended him at the time. I personally worked on the MOH package for Petty Officer Mike Monsoor so my feeling on this is founded on that. Want to read about Petty Officer Monsoor:

http://www.navy.mil/moh/monsoor/BIO.html

I hate them, every freaking politician. Once again using the Military as their tool for gain. With all due respect to Chief Kyle who is highly decorated, if the Navy or his theater commander felt he was deserving for the MOH they would have recommended him at the time. I personally worked on the MOH package for Petty Officer Mike Monsoor so my feeling on this is founded on that. Want to read about Petty Officer Monsoor:

http://www.navy.mil/moh/monsoor/BIO.html

What is required for a MOH recipient? Or is that something I can Google?

http://www.navy.mil/...onsoor/BIO.html

Elle, this is directly from the Navy Award Directive: page 2-1

2) There must be no margin of doubt or possibility of error in awarding this honor. To justify the decoration, the individual's service must clearly be rendered conspicuous above his or her comrades by an act so outstanding that it clearly distinguishes his or her gallantry beyond the call of duty from lesser forms of bravery; and it must be the type of deed which if not done would not subject the individual to any justified criticism. The deed must be without detriment to the mission of the command or to the command to which attached.

http://www.navy.mil/...onsoor/BIO.html

Elle, this is directly from the Navy Award Directive: page 2-1

2) There must be no margin of doubt or possibility of error in awarding this honor. To justify the decoration, the individual's service must clearly be rendered conspicuous above his or her comrades by an act so outstanding that it clearly distinguishes his or her gallantry beyond the call of duty from lesser forms of bravery; and it must be the type of deed which if not done would not subject the individual to any justified criticism. The deed must be without detriment to the mission of the command or to the command to which attached.

Thank you. :-)

Clearly this is political.

But does that mean he's also not deserving ?

I can't answer that. I suspect that he would say he was only doing his job.

I wonder why the wording just doesn't simply say " the solider " , to simplify and avoid constantly referring to them as " his or her " .

Just a random side thought.

Clearly this is political.

But does that mean he's also not deserving ?

I can't answer that. I suspect that he would say he was only doing his job.

You'd get that from any MOH winner. I think he deserves it but if it is not awarded, I won't cry foul.

I wonder why the wording just doesn't simply say " the solider " , to simplify and avoid constantly referring to them as " his or her " .

Just a random side thought.

First, this is a Navy instruction, so we certainly wouldnt put the word "Soldier" in it. Second it encompasses Navy and Marine Corps personnel, so it's just easier to use plain english.

Archived