Boehner fails again

RunInRed

Here we go again with Republicans unable to find the will to keep basic government functions running ... sad. Just sad ...

In a stunning blow to House Republican leaders, the chamber on Friday defeated a three-week funding measure for the Department of Homeland Security in a 203-224 vote — just hours before the top domestic anti-terrorism federal agency runs out of money at midnight.

The vote is the latest and perhaps most stinging repudiation of Speaker John Boehner and his leadership team, who have struggled repeatedly to corral rank-and-file Republicans against the backdrop of legislative crisis.

“The Republican Congress has shown that it simply cannot govern,” Reid said. “Two months into the Republican Congress, we are already staring a Homeland Security shutdown square in the face, even as terrorists around the world threaten to strike America.”

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz3SzzWcM4q

You do realize that a bill to fund the government, specifically DHS, was passed but the democrats stopped it because it wouldn't fund the illegal amnesty. The govt wouldn't shut down. They would have kept working. It is funny how liberals just think that if the federal govt doesn't grow that the world will come to an end.

You do realize that a bill to fund the government, specifically DHS, was passed but the democrats stopped it because it wouldn't fund the illegal amnesty. The govt wouldn't shut down. They would have kept working. It is funny how liberals just think that if the federal govt doesn't grow that the world will come to an end.

Few Presidents grew government as much as Reagan and you guys deify him.

nobody can hold a candle to the current bunch. Government is never big enough for you. It never has enough money or power.

The Democrats still voted to fund a crime. I don't understand how it's ok (and a lot of Republican donors want it) to fund criminal activity and have people cheer it.

The Democrats still voted to fund a crime. I don't understand how it's ok (and a lot of Republican donors want it) to fund criminal activity and have people cheer it.

That's a disingenuous way of putting it.

It may be a "crime" as you put it, but that doesn't exactly describe the practical problem it presents. And it's not really a partisan problem. Reagan understood that.

Once again good ole Tex attempting to frame the debate around something this issue is not even about. The debate here is, whether or not Obama has the legal authority that he had unequivocally stated on 22 prior occasions that he did not have. Then he suddenly had it. Was he lying then or is he lying now? It is an established well known fact this guy resorts to lies as his go to tactical strategy to having his way and that fact is NOT debatable.The second aspect fueling this issue is, immediately after signing his Executive Amnesty, which he actually never signed, he put Jeh Johnson up to it, he said and I quote," I just changed the law on immigration." The President does NOT have the legal authority, neither specifically delegated nor otherwise implied by the Constitution, to unilaterally change the law of the land. His job is to enforce the law which, coincidentally, he sucks at that too.

Once again good ole Tex framing the debate into something the issue is not even about. The debate here is, whether or not Obama has the legal authority that he had unequivocally stated on 22 prior occasions that he did not have. Then he suddenly had it. Was he lying then or is he lying now? It is an established well known fact this guy resorts to lies as his go to tactical strategy to having his way and that fact is NOT debatable.The second aspect fueling this issue is, immediately after signing his Executive Amnesty, which he actually never signed, he put Jeh Johnson up to it, he said and I quote," I just changed the law on immigration." The President does NOT have the legal authority, neither specifically delegated nor otherwise implied by the Constitution, to unilaterally change the law of the land. His job is to enforce the law which, coincidentally, he sucks at that too.

Be careful now you're talking about his hero. He probably has a whole room set up as a shrine to Obama.

Once again good ole Tex attempting to frame the debate around something this issue is not even about. The debate here is, whether or not Obama has the legal authority that he had unequivocally stated on 22 prior occasions that he did not have. Then he suddenly had it. Was he lying then or is he lying now? It is an established well known fact this guy resorts to lies as his go to tactical strategy to having his way and that fact is NOT debatable.The second aspect fueling this issue is, immediately after signing his Executive Amnesty, which he actually never signed, he put Jeh Johnson up to it, he said and I quote," I just changed the law on immigration." The President does NOT have the legal authority, neither specifically delegated nor otherwise implied by the Constitution, to unilaterally change the law of the land. His job is to enforce the law which, coincidentally, he sucks at that too.

I don't understand why McConnel didn't do what the Dem's did when they couldn't get their way. He should have gone nuclear and got the bill approved and then put it on Obama's desk. Second point, I personally have no issue shutting DHS down. It creeps me out anyway....and unwind the Patriot Act while we're at it. None of our 9/11 issues or other security issues require a Federal Police force.

Archived