Men vs. Texas A&M - Post-game thread

I only got to see part of this game. Players seemed to be fighting the whole way that I was watching. We lost big, but I feel that Coach Pearl is continuing to build the foundation.

War Eagle!!

Tigers played hard, but emotion in playing for their teammate just couldn't overcome the lack of height and numbers against the Aggies Better days are ahead. And not too far ahead either I think.

Tigers played hard, but emotion in playing for their teammate just couldn't overcome the lack of height and numbers against the Aggies Better days are ahead. And not too far ahead either I think.

+1

Didn't watch for good reason. Knew it would be ugly. Just ready for next year. As it stands we have to win our next 2 to tie last years SEC record...last year we were one of the worst teams I have ever seen in my life....gosh I hope we are better next year. Never would have believed we could be worse record-wise than last year regardless of circumstance... Next year can't get here soon enough

Didn't watch for good reason. Knew it would be ugly. Just ready for next year. As it stands we have to win our next 2 to tie last years SEC record...last year we were one of the worst teams I have ever seen in my life....gosh I hope we are better next year. Never would have believed we could be worse record-wise than last year regardless of circumstance... Next year can't get here soon enough

The SEC is actually a little better than it was last year. Also sometimes you have to get worse before you get better. BP has had to practically start over and that, inevitably, means growing pains.

We need true power forwards and centers. I can see Bowers being at SF. Same with Granger. Reed got a lot of awkwardness on the floor. I'm concerned with the depth. Maybe next year... War Eagle Always!

The SEC is actually a little better than it was last year. Also sometimes you have to get worse before you get better. BP has had to practically start over and that, inevitably, means growing pains.

I agree...the SEC has several better teams than last year...will be interesting to see how conference teams do in March.

As for starting over....a lot of that was because BP brought in a bunch of "his" players and pushed out some of the guys from last year. Some of that backfired when injuries cut the depth but JMO...BP made his bed this year and his decisions are one reason he has no depth.

And not to name names, but check who was getting national recognition and player of the week awards back in Dec ...versus what's going on now.

I defended Barbee for a couple years when his teams looked like this...and Lebo before him under similar conditions. Just saying....BP has to show something.....earning his multi-million dollar paycheck ?....nobody but me wondering about that?

Agreed. That's why Insay next year can't get here soon enough

I agree...the SEC has several better teams than last year...will be interesting to see how conference teams do in March.

As for starting over....a lot of that was because BP brought in a bunch of "his" players and pushed out some of the guys from last year. Some of that backfired when injuries cut the depth but JMO...BP made his bed this year and his decisions are one reason he has no depth.

And not to name names, but check who was getting national recognition and player of the week awards back in Dec ...versus what's going on now.

I defended Barbee for a couple years when his teams looked like this...and Lebo before him under similar conditions. Just saying....BP has to show something.....earning his multi-million dollar paycheck ?....nobody but me wondering about that?

As far as Bruce earning his check, I'm not concerned at all. I think he's done a great job considering the ciecumstances and what he's got to work with. If a time ever existed where a coach gets a "free pass" year- this is it. The very definition imo.

I am sure there is no one out there that is more pissed about our record this year than bruce Pearl. He and his staff will be working hard to recruit and improve our talent and depth (we have none). I bet he was hoping we could be a .500 squad or a little better to set the foundation for future success. It just wasn't meant to be with our roster mess and an improving SEC around us. Hopefully we can win one or two to close the year and head into an important offseason with something positive.

As far as Bruce earning his check, I'm not concerned at all. I think he's done a great job considering the ciecumstances and what he's got to work with. If a time ever existed where a coach gets a "free pass" year- this is it. The very definition imo.

BP has beaten three tournament teams, 2 of which were on the road in conference play. No way in heck would that have happened last few years. Record's not better, but those should be wake up call wins. This team was going to be inconsistent, a team that could beat any team on any given night, but also a team that could lose to any team on any given night. Patience is a virtue grasshoppa.

Archived