Creating another "Waco" for the crazies out there?

DKW 86

http://www.wnd.com/2...UHViu5JGcJBM.99

I think this is just going to legitimize a bunch of totally crazy,meaningless, harmless folks out in TX.

This is the definition of OVER REACTION.

In a deliberate “show of force,” federal and local police forces raided a political meeting in Texas, fingerprinting and photographing all attendees as well as confiscating all cell phones and personal recording devices.

Members of the Republic of Texas, a secession movement dedicated to restoring Texas as an independent constitutional republic, had gathered Feb. 14 in a Bryan, Texas, meeting hall along with public onlookers. They were debating issues of currency, international relations and celebrating the birthday of one of their oldest members. The group, which describes itself as “congenial and unimposing,” maintains a small working government, including official currency, congress and courts.

According to MySanAntonio.com: “Minutes into the meeting a man among the onlookers stood and moved to open the hall door, letting in an armed and armored force of the Bryan Police Department, the Brazos County Sheriff’s Office, the Kerr County Sheriff’s Office, agents of the Texas district attorney, the Texas Rangers and the FBI.

“In the end, at least 20 officers corralled, searched and fingerprinted all 60 meeting attendees, before seizing all cellphones and recording equipment in a Valentine’s Day 2015 raid on the Texas separatist group.”

“We had no idea what was going on,” said John Jarnecke, president of the Republic of Texas. “We knew of nothing that would warrant such an action.”

Like the reporting you see here? Sign up for free news alerts from WND.com, America’s independent news network.

Information Liberation noted, “The pretext of the raid was that two individuals from the group had reportedly sent out ‘simulated court documents’ — summonses for a judge and a banker to appear before the Republic of Texas to discuss the matter of a foreclosure. These ‘simulated documents’ were rejected and the authorities decided to react with a ‘show of force’ – 20 officers and an extremely broad search warrant.”

The invalid court summons was signed by Susan Cammak, a Kerr County homeowner, and David Kroupa, a Republic of Texas judge from Harris County.

The search warrant against the Republic of Texas authorized the seizure of “all computers, media storage, software, cell phones and paper documents.” Kerr County Sheriff Rusty Hierholzer said the seized devices “will be downloaded and reviewed to determine if others conspired in the creation and issuance of false court documents.”

Police searched and fingerprinted each person at the meeting, but they did not perform cheek-swab DNA testing as the warrant allowed.

“You can’t just let people go around filing false documents to judges trying to make them appear in front of courts that aren’t even real courts,” Hierholzer, who led the operation, told the Houston Chronicle.

“The Republic has a lengthy list of qualms with the federal government, among them that Texas was illegally annexed in 1845,” wrote TeaParty.org. “But most of their complaints have to do with the behavior of the American legislature and executive. Robert Wilson, a senator in the Republic, equated politicians in Washington, D.C., to the ‘kings and emperors’ of the past, and sees Texas independence as part of a worldwide movement for local control.”

Hierholzer determined a “show of force” consisting of officers from city, county state and federal law enforcement to serve a search warrant for an alleged misdemeanor crime was appropriate due to the potential for physical resistance by the group.

The Houston Chronicle reports, “He said he had worries that some extremists in the group could become violent, citing a 1997 incident when 300 state troopers surrounded an armed Republic leader for a weeklong standoff.”

“Contrary to patently false reports by KBTX that the Republic of Texas and its assemblage were a militia group,” states the Republic of Texas website, “the truth is that the Republic of Texas is a self-determined people attempting to throw off the yoke of military occupation of Texas through peaceful and lawful process.”

“We’ve had years of bad press, but we’re not those people,” said Jarnecke of the 1997 incident. “But yes, we are still making every attempt to get independence for Texas and we’re doing it in a lawful international manner.”

The raid has angered many people. “The tactics used went well beyond what was necessary to address a few individuals over a matter of disputed paperwork,” reported Information Liberation. “It is clear that full-blown raid was performed to intimidate and harass every member of the group. … The irony of the situation is that the thuggish tactics employed by the police and federal government actually validate the concerns of the members of the Republic of Texas and other Americans who would prefer independence from the United States federal government.”

No arrests were made, and the case is still under investigation.

Without knowing enough about this group I can't comment.

I will say the part I read about the public allowed to be present definately raises a red flag for me. Why that much for a meeting open to the public?

They should have included a Moslem or two in the group. That would have at least kept the feds from disrupting their meeting and maybe qualified them for some sort of handout from WDC.

They should have included a Moslem or two in the group. That would have at least kept the feds from disrupting their meeting and maybe qualified them for some sort of handout from WDC.

More telling is how some focus on "the Feds" when this involved local and state officials that reached out to the "Feds ."

""You can't just let people go around filing false documents to judges trying to make them appear in front of courts that aren't even real courts," said Kerr County sheriff Rusty Hierholzer, who led the operation.

He acknowledged he used a "show of force," grouping officers from city, county state and federal law enforcement to serve a search warrant for suspicions of a misdemeanor crime. He said he had worries that some extremists in the group could become violent, citing a 1997 incident when 300 state troopers surrounded an armed Republic leader for a weeklong standoff."

Don't forget the illegals aka ' Americans in waiting ' & the lbgtqlmnop types too!

Here's another post on the story that isn't from the World Nut Daily:

Meet Pastor John Jarnecke, a self-styled “Texian” who runs a secessionist group called the Republic of Texas. It’s not a violent group — think of it like a Model UN, only with more Type II diabetes. It’s fun, they have presidential elections and everything! Also, Tammy’s mom brings Rice Krispie squares every Thursday.

So it came as a real shock to Jarnecke and his secessionist pals when a force of “at least 20″ local and state law enforcement officials raided a Republic of Texas meeting for the “crime” of issuing one too many fake summonses to their fake Republic of Texas courts. The Houston Chronicle brings us the story.

The raid was a response to legal summons sent by Republic of Texas members to a Kerr County judge and bank employee, demanding they appear in the Republic’s court at the Veterans and Foreign Wars building in Bryan the day the officers stormed in.

“You can’t just let people go around filing false documents to judges trying to make them appear in front of courts that aren’t even real courts,” said Kerr County sheriff Rusty Hierholzer, who led the operation.

The judge and banker summoned to the Republic’s court had been involved in the foreclosure of a [Republic of Texas] member’s Kerr County house.

Sheriff…Hierholzer, was it? Say, that’s a German last name, isn’t it? You know who else had a German last name and enforced the rule of corrupt courts? Checkmate, you statist bastards.

The Republic of Texas was the subject of a Daily Show investigation, which we will embed below because Jessica Williams is amazing. You can also learn more about the group by watching this half-hour-long documentary from Kremlin mouthpiece

, or by reading this excellent 2013 article from the San Antonio Express-News.

We recommend reading up on the group, because they know that secession is Serious Business, so they are getting Serious about actually making this secession thing actually, y’know, happen. They’re going to sue for their freedom, and they’re going to do it any day now, they swear.

Jarnecke acknowledged that legislation and court summons issues by the Republic have no real effect, but said the group was close to taking their case to an international court—they haven’t yet selected which. He hopes that will be the first step in rallying for Texas independence.

“I’m positive we will get out independence back at some point in time,” he said. “Now we’re just trying to nip things in the bud ahead of time to make sure the people are the ones that have the power when it happens, not the government.”

Sounds like you guys have really thought this through, Pastor Jarnecke. Good luck with your efforts and godspeed. Hopefully, the Lord will guide the Republic of Texas to freedom, and hopefully, He will do so without bloodshed. That would be really nice for the Republic of Texas, since they’ve historically been so very, very s***ty at fighting wars.

Did you know that, Wonketeers? Did you know that, historically speaking, the Republic of Texas was much better at rootin’ and tootin’ than it was at shootin’? Well, now you do.

More telling is how some focus on "the Feds" when this involved local and state officials that reached out to the "Feds ."

""You can't just let people go around filing false documents to judges trying to make them appear in front of courts that aren't even real courts," said Kerr County sheriff Rusty Hierholzer, who led the operation.

He acknowledged he used a "show of force," grouping officers from city, county state and federal law enforcement to serve a search warrant for suspicions of a misdemeanor crime. He said he had worries that some extremists in the group could become violent, citing a 1997 incident when 300 state troopers surrounded an armed Republic leader for a weeklong standoff."

Good point. That's probably from WND "spin".

Here's another post on the story that isn't from the World Nut Daily:

Meet Pastor John Jarnecke, a self-styled “Texian” who runs a secessionist group called the Republic of Texas. It’s not a violent group — think of it like a Model UN, only with more Type II diabetes. It’s fun, they have presidential elections and everything! Also, Tammy’s mom brings Rice Krispie squares every Thursday.

So it came as a real shock to Jarnecke and his secessionist pals when a force of “at least 20″ local and state law enforcement officials raided a Republic of Texas meeting for the “crime” of issuing one too many fake summonses to their fake Republic of Texas courts. The Houston Chronicle brings us the story.

The raid was a response to legal summons sent by Republic of Texas members to a Kerr County judge and bank employee, demanding they appear in the Republic’s court at the Veterans and Foreign Wars building in Bryan the day the officers stormed in.

“You can’t just let people go around filing false documents to judges trying to make them appear in front of courts that aren’t even real courts,” said Kerr County sheriff Rusty Hierholzer, who led the operation.

The judge and banker summoned to the Republic’s court had been involved in the foreclosure of a [Republic of Texas] member’s Kerr County house.

Sheriff…Hierholzer, was it? Say, that’s a German last name, isn’t it? You know who else had a German last name and enforced the rule of corrupt courts? Checkmate, you statist bastards.

The Republic of Texas was the subject of a Daily Show investigation, which we will embed below because Jessica Williams is amazing. You can also learn more about the group by watching this half-hour-long documentary from Kremlin mouthpiece

, or by reading this excellent 2013 article from the San Antonio Express-News.

We recommend reading up on the group, because they know that secession is Serious Business, so they are getting Serious about actually making this secession thing actually, y’know, happen. They’re going to sue for their freedom, and they’re going to do it any day now, they swear.

Jarnecke acknowledged that legislation and court summons issues by the Republic have no real effect, but said the group was close to taking their case to an international court—they haven’t yet selected which. He hopes that will be the first step in rallying for Texas independence.

“I’m positive we will get out independence back at some point in time,” he said. “Now we’re just trying to nip things in the bud ahead of time to make sure the people are the ones that have the power when it happens, not the government.”

Sounds like you guys have really thought this through, Pastor Jarnecke. Good luck with your efforts and godspeed. Hopefully, the Lord will guide the Republic of Texas to freedom, and hopefully, He will do so without bloodshed. That would be really nice for the Republic of Texas, since they’ve historically been so very, very s***ty at fighting wars.

Did you know that, Wonketeers? Did you know that, historically speaking, the Republic of Texas was much better at rootin’ and tootin’ than it was at shootin’? Well, now you do.

I'm not agreeing with "World Nut Daily" or any of this but do you really take a shot at WND by using Wonkette? I would have left off the link too..LOL

Hey. Gotta counterbalance the spin somehow.

1) I humbly apologize for getting the WND version of the story, i thought i got from another site.

2) This is exactly the type of stuff that will be spun by WND, Glenn Beck, Levin, Savage, etc and will have the troglodytes up in arms and toting guns around the borders looking for some vigilante justice.

If you remember Waco, or Ruby Ridge back in the 90s, this was picture perfect made to rile up the mouth breathers.

And i have to say, if they tried to confiscate my work phone...i would have ended up in jail and in the hospital, no doubt.

20 armed officers from 3 agencies for a public meeting of a bunch of guys playing student gov't? Seriously?

Apparently.

I guess we should feel lucky they weren't gunned down, as happens in Russia.

Least, not yet.

1) I humbly apologize for getting the WND version of the story, i thought i got from another site.

2) This is exactly the type of stuff that will be spun by WND, Glenn Beck, Levin, Savage, etc and will have the troglodytes up in arms and toting guns around the borders looking for some vigilante justice.

If you remember Waco, or Ruby Ridge back in the 90s, this was picture perfect made to rile up the mouth breathers.

And i have to say, if they tried to confiscate my work phone...i would have ended up in jail and in the hospital, no doubt.

I must admit I can't quite figure you out. And I mean that in a positive way.

20 armed officers from 3 agencies for a public meeting of a bunch of guys playing student gov't? Seriously?

Sending a "summons" to a judge for some sort of vigilante/nationalist/whatever court is not "playing student gov't" (whatever that means).

While it may seem like a joke to you, you might feel differently if you were the judge receiving it.

My work phone IS MY JOB. I might as well resign without it. Email, Contacts, etc

My work phone IS MY JOB. I might as well resign without it. Email, Contacts, etc

Actually I was referring to everything up to that.

Actually I was referring to everything up to that.

Oh, ok. I am just not a stereotypical clone for either side. While i can identify with some ideas from both sides, i can also plainly see the crazies on both sides as well.

I mock the Birthers and the Truthers, etc.

Archived