Great Speech Today By Netanyahu at AIPAC

Proud Tiger

I thought today's speech by Netanyahu to AIPAC this morning was great. He cast it in a positive manner yet expressed his concerns. How anyone could criticize him for that escapes me. I can't wait or his speech to Congress tomorrow

http://www.cnn.com/2...rice/index.html

It's very easy for some to criticize him. First of all he dissed the Messiah. That in and of itself is bad enough. You don't do that to the one. Second a lot of people blame Israel for all of the trouble in the ME. If they would just let themselves get wiped out or pushed out then it would be a nice peaceful area. You know that whole religion of peace thing would be so great and could shine through if it weren't for those pesky jews. Ok they don't really want that but there is a lot of Anti Semitism in the elite circles of academia and government and a lot of people do blame Israel for all the troubles. Even a lot of Jews don't like Israel.

A lot of Christians don't like the U.S. right now either :big:

I find it interesting that (to my knowledge) ISIS hasn't taken one Israeli hostage. They know what would happen.......same thing Jordan did but in spades.

It's very easy for some to criticize him. First of all he dissed the Messiah. That in and of itself is bad enough. You don't do that to the one. Second a lot of people blame Israel for all of the trouble in the ME. If they would just let themselves get wiped out or pushed out then it would be a nice peaceful area. You know that whole religion of peace thing would be so great and could shine through if it weren't for those pesky jews. Ok they don't really want that but there is a lot of Anti Semitism in the elite circles of academia and government and a lot of people do blame Israel for all the troubles. Even a lot of Jews don't like Israel.

I do not blame Israel. I blame Netanyahu for banging the war drum and, promoting rhetoric that is not supported by his own intelligence agency.

Open war is upon you whether you would risk it or not.

- Aragorn

Folks would prefer to hear good news instead of the truth.

Open war is upon you whether you would risk it or not.

- Aragorn

Folks would prefer to hear good news instead of the truth.

Lot of that in the world today. It's in every facet of life even in the church. People like the happy roses and sunshine stuff but don't want to face the realities of this world.

I got news for you. As soon as Israel was no longer there, the all-out war between the Sunnis and the Shiites would start in less than a week.

I got news for you. As soon as Israel was no longer there, the all-out war between the Sunnis and the Shiites would start in less than a week.

that is ok. Let em kill each other off. We do not have to get in the fray. There will never be peace.

We MUST support Israel.

I wonder why in his listing of past conflicts or disagreements between the U.S. and Israel he didn't mention the USS Liberty?

If you have to wonder at that, then ...

Bill-Engvall-Heres-Your-Sign.jpg

Seriously, if that's the best you have, a near 50 year old accident, which can't be undone and has Z E R O to do w/ Iran's push to obtain nuclear weapons, then you're more petty and simple than I had thought.

Alex what is your problem with Israel. Why are you do anxious to see them annihilated? The hostility towards them is stunning. It comes from the right as well as the left.

We MUST support Israel.

because

Tell you what. (No need to even bring religion into it) See what History has to say about those that are against Israel.......

I wonder why in his listing of past conflicts or disagreements between the U.S. and Israel he didn't mention the USS Liberty?

Seriously, if that's the best you have, a near 50 year old accident, which can't be undone and has Z E R O to do w/ Iran's push to obtain nuclear weapons, then you're more petty and simple than I had thought.

Petty? You write off concern about Israel killing American sailors as "petty"?! :no:

My point is that Israel is always about Israel, not the U.S. And the fact you are so gullible as to simply accept that incident as an accident tells me you are the "simple" one. Apparently, I have more faith in the Israeli military than you do.

You folks are clearly willing to side with Netanyahu at the expense of our own country. And why? Because of partisan politics. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

And I can't help but note none of you have answered my questions:

1. Do you think we should walk away from the Iranian negotiations?

2. Are you prepared to initiate military actions against Iran?

Because that's what Netanyahu wants us to do.

Alex what is your problem with Israel. Why are you do anxious to see them annihilated? The hostility towards them is stunning. It comes from the right as well as the left.

Yoo Hooo DKW. Here's some of that hyperbole we need to get rid of. :-\

Yoo Hooo DKW. Here's some of that hyperbole we need to get rid of. :-\

tigger, you are warned..fifty lashes with the wet noodle and a seriously worded private message await you...lol

(Like i can do anything but encourage.)

Netanyahu made a bad assumption in 1995. It may still come true. Obama made a bad one in 2014 saying ISIS is just a JV team. That has already proved to be vey false.

We MUST support Israel.

because

Tell you what. (No need to even bring religion into it) See what History has to say about those that are against Israel.......

history says they have managed to be the most hated people in history. not sure why that is. but they were so hated by the european christians they were given a their own nation just to get rid of them. problem is that other people had been living on that piece of land for 2000 years. then we arm them to the gills, they can defend themselves for the 1st time in their existence and we have basically gained nothing from them. but that is all water under the bridge now. we must stop iran from gaining what we know they will use. by the way, i was impressed with bibi's speech. I just dont think he should have given it.

Alex, which history proves that or is it just your opinion?. BTW, people (Cannanites) were living the land God gave to his people as told in the Old Testament.

Bibi said in his speech today the Jewish people were stateless for 2000 years. I assume he knows.

It is history as I know it. I'm sure someone will point out any errors in my statements.

Netanyahu made a bad assumption in 1995. It may still come true. Obama made a bad one in 2014 saying ISIS is just a JV team. That has already proved to be vey false.

The Pennsylvania Air and Army national Guard could probably take more territory than ISIS has from IRAQ!!!

So let's hear it.

Do you feel that ISIS is a "NFL" team?

Do you feel they are comparable to the "Kobe Bryants" of terrorism? (If so, show me every attack they have made on United States soil that I can compare them to say Al Qaeda)

How was his statement about them being just a JV team really that far from the truth?

They over ran some areas of Iraq. They grabbed territory from a civil war torn Syria. They twitter a lot and recruit 16 year old girls.

With the help of some air support our "middle school JV" (fighting forces in IRAQ) is standing up to this all powerful ISIS that makes you lose sleep at night.

If the US decided right now to send troops in to end ISIS, how many days do you think it would take? {Serious question} HOW MANY DAYS????

Here is Obama's Quote again just for reference...

"The analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if a jayvee team puts on Lakers uniforms that doesnt make them Kobe Bryant,"

"I think there is a distinction between the capacity and reach of a bin Laden and a network that is actively planning major terrorist plots against the homeland versus jihadists who are engaged in various local power struggles and disputes, often sectarian."

"Lets just keep in mind, Falluja is a profoundly conservative Sunni city in a country that, independent of anything we do, is deeply divided along sectarian lines. And how we think about terrorism has to be defined and specific enough that it doesnt lead us to think that any horrible actions that take place around the world that are motivated in part by an extremist Islamic ideology are a direct threat to us or something that we have to wade into."

For those that have reading comprehension problems he is basically saying that we are not going to swoop in and declare war every time someone kills in the name of Allah. If a beheading in India occurs today and they raise an ISIS flag we will NOT send troops in. ISIS attacked IRAQ for goodness sake. I-R-A-Q!!!

Bibi said in his speech today the Jewish people were stateless for 2000 years. I assume he knows.

It is history as I know it. I'm sure someone will point out any errors in my statements.

They were "stateless" (as he is referring) from around 63 BC to 1948. That is what??? about 1884 years

If you count 70 years of Babylonian captivity you get around 1954 years total. Maybe he stretched just a smidge.

Archived