Jeremy Johnson

Lowrider

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sucks that just the players name makes people assume he's in trouble LOL when did we get like this?

We got like this not long after Al Gore invented the internet.

Yes, I agree. First he invented the internet, then global warming. Gore may be more creative than Thomas Edison and Henry Ford put together.

Wonder if he ever dodged sniper fire?

I hear he has more confirmed kills than Brian Williams.

True, but Brian Williams has witnessed more dead bodies floating in New Orleans.

It sucks that just the players name makes people assume he's in trouble LOL when did we get like this?

Yes, I agree. First he invented the internet, then global warming. Gore may be more creative than Thomas Edison and Henry Ford put together.

True, but Brian Williams has witnessed more dead bodies floating in New Orleans.

That's not something to joke about.

Can we please steer this away from the politics?

I think JJ, assuming he stays healthy and keeps his head on straight (which I think he will), will be a heckuva QB. Oh, and his senior year in HS, he MANHANDLED Reuben Foster and Rashaan Evans. :)

Jeremy is not CAM, but I could see him becoming as good as Pat Sullivan with good receivers like Duke.

I'd prefer the Cam ceiling for Jeremy

It's obvious that you never saw Sullivan in action.

I did and as much respect as I have for Pat and as much as I like him....he was no Cam Newton.

You don't get the joke my friend. Brian Williams saw nothing but claimed he did. He then later admitted he saw no such thing (dead bodies floating) and blamed his dishonesty on fatigue and other such nonsense.

You don't get the joke my friend. Brian Williams saw nothing but claimed he did. He then later admitted he saw no such thing (dead bodies floating) and blamed his dishonesty on fatigue and other such nonsense.

I never heard that fabricated story, so I figured you ad libbed the second part, given Brian has become the butt of all jokes recently. My B

I never heard that fabricated story, so I figured you ad libbed the second part, given Brian has become the butt of all jokes recently. My B

Brian Williams was talking to Gus Malzahn in Arkansas one day and he said to Gus, "Gus... This is what I call the hurry-up-no-huddle." The rest is history!

Here you go, my friend:

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/11526453-148/nbc-news-anchor-brian-williams

http://pagesix.com/2015/02/09/brian-williams-didnt-see-any-bodies-floating-says-nola-hotel-manager/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/02/10/brian-williams-perhaps-misremembered-floating-dead-body-and-gangs-during-katrina-hotel-manager-says/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/02/09/former-fema-director-on-brian-williams-katrina-tales-i-call-b-s/

Back to JJ, one thing nobody knows and something which is true of every new starting QB, is how he will handle real pressure. How will he react to throwing an INT in a big game ? How will he perform, if he is down by 2 TDs to an SEC rival in the 4th quarter, with the players looking to him to lead them back ? What kind of leader will he be ?

Nobody can know for sure at this point, including the coaches. But if there is one thing I hope JJ has learned from Nick over these last 2 years, it is how to perform under pressure. I hope he has been paying attention because things are a lot different when you are the starting QB instead of the backup. We all know he has the physical skills and the intangibles will be revealed soon enough.

Unfortunately I think that NM trait you touched on, Ironman70, is that I think it's something a player is born with. It seems like some guys tend to fold under pressure and some guys step up and IDK if that's a coachable thing.

Some are born with it and that makes it easier, but a person can also be trained to handle pressure. For example, cops, firemen and pilots all train extensively to be able to perform under pressure in emergency situations. Procedures and repetition are used until reaction without much thought can be achieved.

JJ was a great runner and did just fine under pressure in high school. I see no reason to think his personality and abilities have changed in two years.

Yes, I know high school is not the SEC. I heard that same story about why Cadillac Williams wouldn't be great in college.

Other than paranoia there's no reason to fear that JJ will be a bust. Everything in his history says "success".

Jeremy is not CAM, but I could see him becoming as good as Pat Sullivan with good receivers like Duke.

I did and as much respect as I have for Pat and as much as I like him....he was no Cam Newton.

The same thing any unbiased outsider would tell you just looking objectively. You can find a Sullivan just about anywhere nowadays - we might have a better Sullivan backing up JJ - but a 6'5 245 QB that's throwing 80+ yards and can run a 4.5? Hmm

You can't compare accolades cause Cam did Sullivan's whole career and then some in one year, Cam nearly beats out Sullivan across the board statistically, albeit a different offense... But still in no form or fashion,could I call Sullivan a better QB than Cameron

This growing perception that Johnson is immobile is very odd, his arsenal includes wrong footing good defenders. The guy falls forward and picks up 4 yards. Now who does that remind me of....?

The same thing any unbiased outsider would tell you just looking objectively. You can find a Sullivan just about anywhere nowadays - we might have a better Sullivan backing up JJ - but a 6'5 245 QB that's throwing 80+ yards and can run a 4.5? Hmm

You can't compare accolades cause Cam did Sullivan's whole career and then some in one year, Cam nearly beats out Sullivan across the board statistically, albeit a different offense... But still in no form or fashion,could I call Sullivan a better QB than Cameron

Nobody said Sullivan is a better QB than Newton. Sullivan is, however, the second best QB in Auburn history. You cannot "find a Sullivan just about anywhere nowadays". Pat Sullivan meant more to the AU program than any single player has ever meant, including Cam Newton. Where we were when Sullivan showed up for freshman ball and where we were after he finished his varsity career was a transition from dark to daylight.

Newton's one year here was a great one and the results were great but one year is one year.

Gotta look at the whole "body of work" in this comparison, and Sullivan takes it hands down over Newton. JMHO

I think Cam Newton single-handedly transformed Auburn from a "pretty good football program" to a top 10 football program in terms of national perception. Top recruits look at AU now and before it wasn't even a realistic goal to win a NC (or so it seemed). The program's goal used to be "win the west" and now the expectation ,because of what Cam accomplished, is much higher than that. We just weren't on the same level as the big dogs prior to 2010 from the mid 90's until Cam's year. We had a few fantastic years but even with that our recruiting classes didn't match up to what kind of talent is interested in AU now because of the elevated level we are at currently.

I have no knowledge about Pat Sully's time, but I think one could argue Auburn before Cam and after Cam are also two different things. Cam propelled AU on his back to another level -- AU is about as close to a national 'brand' as it has ever been (in my lifetime at least)

Gotta look at the whole "body of work" in this comparison, and Sullivan takes it hands down over Newton. JMHO

It was a different game in different times...but I agree.

As someone noted above...AU before Sullivan and after him were different programs. I view the two Pats....(Dye and Sullivan) as the two most influential people of the last 50 years of AU football.

I think a lot of people viewed Auburn after the 2010 team with Cam as a one hit wonder. They had a once in a generation player and the stars just seemed to line up. The two following years did nothing to dispel that notion.

I think a lot of people viewed Auburn after the 2010 team with Cam as a one hit wonder. They had a once in a generation player and the stars just seemed to line up. The two following years did nothing to dispel that notion.

That's fair and I could see that. But the recruiting didn't really slip since then, and I think great players consider AU because they saw Cam dominate at AU and that alone has elevated AU's status from as recently as 6-7 years ago, IMO

That's fair and I could see that. But the recruiting didn't really slip since then, and I think great players consider AU because they saw Cam dominate at AU and that alone has elevated AU's status from as recently as 6-7 years ago, IMO

Chris Todd set passing records at Auburn. We almost won it all with a cornerback under center. We've had the leading rushing in the SEC the last 2 seasons.

Cam would have been very, very good anywhere. He had one of the best single seasons of any player at any position in college football history because of one Gustav Malzahn. And it's Gus's offense- along with Dameyune Craig, Will Muschamp, Travaris Robinson, Tim Horton and Rodney Garner- pulling in the recruits far more than Cam's one season.

Chris Todd set passing records at Auburn. We almost won it all with a cornerback under center. We've had the leading rushing in the SEC the last 2 seasons.

Cam would have been very, very good anywhere. He had one of the best single seasons of any player at any position in college football history because of one Gustav Malzahn. And it's Gus's offense- along with Dameyune Craig, Will Muschamp, Travaris Robinson, Tim Horton and Rodney Garner- pulling in the recruits far more than Cam's one season.

GUS...he is the reason that JJ could have a memorable season too....JJ has a HC who will groom an offense to make him successful...and make the offense successful....as his first priority.

Just about every HC we have had prior to Gus was defensive oriented and IMO, the QBs excelled in spite of the many uncreative offensive plans they had to work with and game plans that favored the defense.

Nobody said Sullivan is a better QB than Newton. Sullivan is, however, the second best QB in Auburn history. You cannot "find a Sullivan just about anywhere nowadays". Pat Sullivan meant more to the AU program than any single player has ever meant, including Cam Newton. Where we were when Sullivan showed up for freshman ball and where we were after he finished his varsity career was a transition from dark to daylight.

Newton's one year here was a great one and the results were great but one year is one year.

Bo Jackson says hi.

Archived