Jeremy Johnson

Lowrider

Excuse me if there is 40 pages full of this discussion (I'm sure there is but couldn't find them). What's the deal with this stud of a giant athlete. Do we have the next SEC MVP or do we have just an average QB on our hands.

He has taken snaps in 11 games. 73% completion (Huh?) 73%? is that right? yes it is

9 Tds 2 ints?

201 rating last year?

Can't be true the bama controlled media is telling me we are weak at QB next year.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not Cam 2.0, but my guess is that he's not JaMarcus Russell.

Dunno where he'll end up. Seems pretty darn good, but most of his stats.. mop up time.

My only concern is that we didn't see more of him last season.

Oh stop it. Do you guys even realize we have a freakish stud on our hands. He had the best arm in the conference as a freshman and should have started last year. AU fans need to get over their emotional Nick Marshal obsession. The future is JJ. Not Jamarcus Russell? Really? Good lord.

Oh stop it. Do you guys even realize we have a freakish stud on our hands. He had the best arm in the conference as a freshman and should have started last year. AU fans need to get over their emotional Nick Marshal obsession. The future is JJ. Not Jamarcus Russell? Really? Good lord.

Hostility

Be careful, be very careful ... there's a locked goose step march by mod's with a pathological fear of such.

Well that's one way to look at it I guess.

Well, thank God you didn't have any input in that decision. I think you need to take your medication to ease the hostility and possibly regain your sanity.

I totally forgot that Jeremy was the second coming of Jesus Christ and that no one can think otherwise on this board. Thanks for clearing that up my friend!

I hope after 3 or 4 games next year we all agree with this guy. I just don't have the motivation to put down one of our qbs to make a point in favor of the other one. Either way we were in good shape with a very good offense last year . I hope we are at least as good this year. To be that JJ has to live up.

I believe that he is going to be a great one. The question in my mind is that if he is a great one and has a great year like many are expecting, then will he stay for his SR season?

Excuse me if there is 40 pages full of this discussion (I'm sure there is but couldn't find them). What's the deal with this stud of a giant athlete. Do we have the next SEC MVP or do we have just an average QB on our hands.

He has taken snaps in 11 games. 73% completion (Huh?) 73%? is that right? yes it is

9 Tds 2 ints?

201 rating last year?

Can't be true the bama controlled media is telling me we are weak at QB next year.

I think I see your problem.

He's not Cam 2.0, but my guess is that he's not JaMarcus Russell.

Dunno where he'll end up. Seems pretty darn good, but most of his stats.. mop up time.

My only concern is that we didn't see more of him last season.

I wouldn't call the first half of the Arkansas game "mop up time" and he looked good that day. I realize you were talking about his stat and yes, most of the stats came from mop up time, but that first half of the first game of the season: 12/16 243y 15.3avg 2TDs 0INTs 98.5QBR. If he finishes that game, then we would have been talking about how awesome a RFR QB for AU threw for 4TDs and 450+ yards in his first SEC start.

The only reason people slam NM in favor of JJ is that, while NM made plenty of spectacular plays, there were some extremely basic and easy plays that NM would miss on (and usually they were missed opportunities for TDs). We haven't seen JJ enough to see what he isn't good at, and I'm fully expecting people on here to be clamoring for Sean White once JJ doesn't go 20/25 300 yards and 3 TDs against Louisville.

As far as the Arky game, it seemed like Arkansas was completely selling out to stop the run which aided in JJ's performance. This isn't a knock on JJ at all, but I expect teams to be more aware of AU's pass offense this coming season and no longer putting 8 in the box, which will make life a little more difficult for JJ.

I feel JJ will run a-little more of the zone read than most people are thinking. As much as Cam? ....Not so much but he has some wheels and he can run! Gus will do what-ever it takes to keep the opposing "D" honest and JJ is more than just a pocket passer.

Yes he is more than just a pocket passer. We don't need him to be the threat to run that Nick was. Just run him in the read option enough to make the defense have to defend it.

I feel JJ will run a-little more of the zone read than most people are thinking. As much as Cam? ....Not so much but he has some wheels and he can run! Gus will do what-ever it takes to keep the opposing "D" honest and JJ is more than just a pocket passer.

Agree. Probably more outside zone reads and inverted veers, to leverage JJ's size.

IIRC in the 2014 Arky game, we could not pick up a 3rd and short in the 1st half. I don't think some people appreciate how well NM ran the read option. In 2013, he and Tre were in sync with each other. He and CAP had some great moments too....and some not so great (ie. A&M game in the late 4th quarter). JJ may develop that continuity with Roc, Peyton, {insert name here} but only time will tell. Is JJ a better passer? Probably. Was he a better overall QB? CGM obviously didn't think so at the time.

Not picking up a third and short didn't have anything to do with qb play. CJ was confused on who to block for that play and his man came free unblocked.

Not picking up a third and short didn't have anything to do with qb play. CJ was confused on who to block for that play and his man came free unblocked.

Yep, I actually watch the first half of the game on YT after seeing this thread and that's what happened every time. CAP was hit before he got to the LOS because someone or multiple someones missed a block, and JJ keeping wouldn't have changed anything on those plays.

Archived