Men vs. Missouri - Post-Game Thread

I didn't get a chance to see it at all. Sounds like it was a close one.

War Eagle!

We were in position from what I was hearing. Someone said we had two turnovers in the final minute that really hurt.

Yes, a game they should have won despite only having 9 scholarship players available. Team did play hard .

That was a painful....team just could not finish the game....committed a couple important turnovers in the last moments with loose play that sealed their fate. Missouri is not as good as AU and this was a winnable game...even without Mason....JMO.

But seems we might play Miss State in the SEC tournament "play in game" and have a reasonable chance to make it for a second game.

Yeah, this one that we should have pulled out. Just couldn't finish at all. What a performence from KT though. A really good player on a pretty bad team.

Yeah, we did everything wrong in the final couple minutes. KT is a special player and even he turned it over in the final minute. Just that kind of a night. There was a TJ Lang sighting though, so the future is near.

We had them and didn't follow through with good ball security or shots in the final minutes....sad really but a very winnable game.

Just to get it off my chest....the playcall on the last play was ridiculously horrendous. With 10 seconds left the playcall was to inbound to KT and have 4 guys stand out of the way and hope like hell KT can manage a shot. Very very poor playcall. We deserve to lose with playcalling like that

Just to get it off my chest....the playcall on the last play was ridiculously horrendous. With 10 seconds left the playcall was to inbound to KT and have 4 guys stand out of the way and hope like hell KT can manage a shot. Very very poor playcall. We deserve to lose with playcalling like that

If anyone other than KT took that shot, everyone would say Bruce was an idiot.

Bingo. If you have one shot to take on a poor team and you have the SEC's leading scorer, you give him the ball and let him goto work. Whether he settled for a poor shot or could've gotten a better shot off is another matter. Maybe setting a screen for him could've been a good call but then you risk KT having to give the ball up to a much less reliable scorer.

Bruce was afraid we couldn't get the ball to KT. So KT brought it up court. If Mason and Tahj were in, we would have drove to the basket for two I believe.

1 guy taking on the entire opposing team is bad playcalling. Yes KT should take the shot, but having 4 guys on the court doing nothing for 10 seconds while 1 guy attempts to do it all is bad coaching. No use in trying to explain how our best option is 1 against 5. Middle school playcall. Top college level coaches should have at least 1 playcall that doesn't consist of get the ball to so and so and get out of his way.

Frustrating end.

I am going to look at the silver lining in this cloud ... We had (I'm guessing here) 5-6 games this year where we had a approximately 5 point lead with under 5 minutes and lost games.

I am sure that these guys can be coached up to close out games. Also increased depth for end of games.

Anyways ... I hope with minimal additions, we win these 5-6 games next season year

Bingo. If you have one shot to take on a poor team and you have the SEC's leading scorer, you give him the ball and let him goto work. Whether he settled for a poor shot or could've gotten a better shot off is another matter. Maybe setting a screen for him could've been a good call but then you risk KT having to give the ball up to a much less reliable scorer.

This isn't the NBA where someone like Michael Jordan could one on one while the rest of the team was able to pull the rest of the defenders away from the basket. No way KT was going to get any kind of open shot......even the Mizz coach knew that KT was the only guy they had to defend.

Oh well...this will soon be over. Next season I hope we see a "new look" to the AU offense.

We've now won 2 out of our last 13 games. Some have been close and many of them good efforts. Regression is less than ideal for selling Pearlball to recruits. Regardless of what he did at Tennessee. The future looks bright just because Pearl as a track record and has incoming talent but this is one of the worst SEC runs in school history.

This isn't the NBA where someone like Michael Jordan could one on one while the rest of the team was able to pull the rest of the defenders away from the basket. No way KT was going to get any kind of open shot......even the Mizz coach knew that KT was the only guy they had to defend.

Oh well...this will soon be over. Next season I hope we see a "new look" to the AU offense.

Not a bad argument, although Mizz knew KT was the only guy to defend because he is literally the only offensive threat. I think BP just felt more comfortable making sure KT took the shot rather than having a scenario where somebody else was forced to shoot.

Archived