AU baseball #45 in USA Today Coaches Poll

http://warrennolan.c...ball/2015/polls

Nice for the boys to get some recognition on this good start to the season. 10 SEC teams in that top 50, 6 in the top 11. Long way to go this season and some tough series upcoming, but I'm beginning to start to believe this team has a higher ceiling than I once thought.

One good thing about this year is there are several guys written in the lineup every game that have the ability to be offensive sparks when needed and mitigate the series long slumps that have plagued recent teams. Five straight games with double digit hits. Great production from the leadoff spot all the way to Kyler Deese's hot bat in the bottom of the order have made the games fun to watch. Hunter Tackett has had two clutch hits the past 3 games with RISP. It makes me hopeful that when some of these hot streaks start to cool off as they all do over the course of the season, the well won't run dry all at once and there will always be 2-3 dangerous hitters performing well in the lineup at a given time.

Keegan/Wingenter are a duo that can win lots of games for AU on Friday and Saturday nights, and if a Sunday starter can emerge who can give the team 5+ solid innings, AU will continue to surprise people. FWIW, several BaseballAmerica writers have called Auburn the early surprise in the SEC, so here's hoping they continue surprising everyone to a possible regional berth.

Thanks for posting. Damn SEC is strong all the way thru. I went to the UCF/Ole Miss series this weekend. UCF has some players and they just defeated the gators yesterday.

I think Lipscomb is another one to watch. He has a bulldog mentality and has just enough giddy up on his fastball to keep people honest with his off speed pitches.

We have got a GAUNTLET of a schedule. If we get past this year even with a little over .500, I think there's a great chance we make post-season, just because of the schedule. We are about to play 7 games in a row against teams that have lost a combined 4 games thus far. If we make it through the schedule with a fair record, I fail to see how we do not make the NCAA's. I hope this team really gels into something special and we're worried about hosting a regional instead of just making one at the end of this year, but if this team stays on track, and wins a few they're not supposed to, I see us in a regional pretty easily.

Archived