The Importance of Listening

Proud Tiger

I try to start each day with a simple devotional. The one I am linking caught my attention this morning and I want to share it with everyone. It sure applies to me. If we listen to each other more and think before reacting, maybe we could have a more civil forum among Auburn brothers and sisters. I will wok at it, hope you will too.

http://daily.upperroom.org/

Irony all about the above post.

Is that supposed to be a sentence? I am all for listening but when the medium is the written word, one needs to write coherently in order to be heard.

Frankly, I think the bigger problem on this forum is "hearing" things that weren't actually "said".

Irony is so very ironic....Good thought PT.

PT, maybe that's a lost cause in this forum. But I will say that one of the most beautiful people I know was someone who was very different from me. I chose to listen and ask a million questions.

So PT humbles himself and puts an olive branch out there and you guys act like that? That's not the classy Auburn family way. Shameful.

So PT humbles himself and puts an olive branch out there and you guys act like that? That's not the classy Auburn family way. Shameful.

Au contraire. PT made a most excellent point. :bow: And I am also impressed by the routine introspection.

But the proof is in the pudding. It would be nice if people asked for clarification it they don't fully "hear" (understand) your post.

I'm not pointing my finger at PT but I am weary of some people on this forum grossly misrepresenting my posts with their "pseudo-confirmations".

That's not a problem with hearing. That's a problem with attitude and/or intellect.

I try everyday. It can be difficult but it's a worthy goal. I'm still a red blooded USA loving American who longs for a freer tomorrow than we had today. It's ambitious I know..... :)

Au contraire. PT made a most excellent point. :bow: And I am also impressed by the routine introspection.

But the proof is in the pudding. It would be nice if people asked for clarification it they don't fully "hear" (understand) your post.

I'm not pointing my finger at PT but I am weary of some people on this forum grossly misrepresenting my posts with their "pseudo-confirmations".

That's not a problem with hearing. That's a problem with attitude and/or intellect.

To be fair homes, sometimes the problem with attitude or intellect is in the initial post not the response.

To be fair homes, sometimes the problem with attitude or intellect is in the initial post not the response.

True. But its still an annoying and transparent tactic. It shows a lack of wit and imagination.

Homie - play dumber.

Raptor - use the "edit" function.

Francis, lighten up.

:tease:

I guess that I will just be that guy and play the villain. If you can only think and speak the same things I just heard while watching a cable news channel the gloves are off.

If you have a independant thought I will digest it.

Even Raptor has opened my eyes to a different way of looking at things. (once)

I had to!

Ok. Cutting the sarcasm off for the next 4 sentences. I enjoy every person on this forum and would love to just play a game of corn hole at any tailgate. We can have our favorite beverage and talk about nothing but Auburn. Weegle can have my pork sausage and I can take his all beef steak.

I am willing to listen and learn from anyone regardless of age, education, sexual preference, political ties, social status, and it does not matter if they are religious or not. I will even listen Elle if I am in the right mood.

I guess that I will just be that guy and play the villain. If you can only think and speak the same things I just heard while watching a cable news channel the gloves are off.

I had to!

Ok. Cutting the sarcasm off for the next 4 sentences. I enjoy every person on this forum and would love to just play a game of corn hole at any tailgate. We can have our favorite beverage and talk about nothing but Auburn. Weegle can have my pork sausage and I can take his all beef steak.

I am willing to listen and learn from anyone regardless of age, education, sexual preference, political ties, social status, and it does not matter if they are religious or not. I will even listen Elle if I am in the right mood.

Well stated. Sounds like a plan. I'll bring the sarcasm and Gumbo!!

I had to!

No weapons. <_<

I had to!

Getting a little personal aye? ;D

Looking back at ALL of today's posts, I am really encouraged at how much more civil they have been today. There were a few that didn't get the spirit but that's to be expected. Keep up the good work and smack my chops if I get nasty with someone.

Looking back at ALL of today's posts, I am really encouraged at how much more civil they have been today. There were a few that didn't get the spirit but that's to be expected. Keep up the good work and smack my chops if I get nasty with someone.

:wareagle:

A "good deed" my Friend. Keep it going

THIS.

I had to!

:blink:

I had to!

:blink:/>

LoL. You do read full posts don't you? I threw a little dietary restriction mixed with a side of homosexualness, in one sentence, out of respect for Weegs and our many discussions on these matters.

WAR EAGLE DKW!!!

I had to!

No weapons. <_</>

Just a few wooden dowels to play redneck chess (aka Kubb).

Archived