Women vs. Florida - Game thread

WarTiger

Opening round in the SEC tournament. For some reason I thought this game started at 6 tonight. But I turn the tv on and the game is almost over. Sorry folks.

Anyway, no t much of a recap but Auburn is CRUSHNIG Florida approaching the 7 minute mark remaining in the game and Auburn leads 51-30

Montgomery with a three point attempt...no good but fouled. shooting 3. 1st good. 2nd good. 3rd good. 54-31

florida in a full court press. Auburn breaks the press, gets in to an open tanner and she lays it in and gets fouled. ft good 59-40

Florida fouling on every defensive opportunity. Not sure why in a 19 point game. Petithomme shooting double bonus. 1st good. 2nd good. 64-44

FINAL. Auburn defeats Florida 71-49 and advances to the second round of the SEC tournament to play Texas A&M tomorrow at 2 PM. War Eagle!!!! That's 4 straight wins for the lady tigers.

Montgomery lead Auburn with 22 points. Tra"cee Tanner with 19. Petithomme with 8 and Frerking with 7

how is this happening ? A few weeks ago the girls could not get out of each other's way and had trouble getting the ball across mid court....and now? Looks like the lights came on for some reason.

how is this happening ? A few weeks ago the girls could not get out of each other's way and had trouble getting the ball across mid court....and now? Looks like the lights came on for some reason.

Its crazy, did we not kick off our top scorer from the team, maybe it was just bad chemistry and that helped. I realize our last four wins were against not the top teams, but we could not beat Lee Scott Academy's girls team a month ago.

I think playing the younger players more after the debacle mid season has played a huge role in how this team is performing. I think Flo has earned another season to see how it develops in 2016.

Even the TV guide had this game starting later. I was lucky, just scrolling through channels and saw AU uniforms on the screen. There were only 7 minutes gone by when I stumbled across it.

I think these four straight wins and they way they are playing has earned Coach Flo another year. Had they continued to play the way things were, making a coaching change would have been an absolute necessity.

Perhaps some of the players realized that if they didn't get it together they would be playing for another coach and/or another school next season.

Looked like a different team the last several games. Good for them...and for Flo.

Perhaps some of the players realized that if they didn't get it together they would be playing for another coach and/or another school next season.

Looked like a different team the last several games. Good for them...and for Flo.

Seems like they have been playing better since the one girl was dismissed from the team.

Archived