March 5 Thought on Listening

Proud Tiger

My post on Listening yesterday evoked a good response. I won't do this every day but I thought this one also fit the bill for this forum.

Believe me I'm not playing holier than thou,..........I have a mirror too.

http://daily.upperroom.org/

Thanks PT

WT....just hope it has some positive affect here. It seems to be with the exception of one or two but hey some will never change.

Again, your words are great. However, when I see you practice what you preach and, I see you call out "your own", I will believe that you are genuine. You can call me skeptically optimistic.

Again, your words are great. However, when I see you practice what you preach and, I see you call out "your own", I will believe that you are genuine. You can call me skeptically optimistic.

Ya. I'm calling this whole listening thing a crock and a set up. Last time I was asked a question and provided a response based off facts and discussion the reply was I can give a rats ass what you think and hit with personnel insults.

Its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

Texan4Auburn,,,,wasn't that BEFORE the last two days. Have I mad a nasty post lately.. Give it a try :dunno:

I love how we all can work together for a better tomorrow. Can't you? :cool:

Geez AUUSN......can't you find something better to be critical about. I also added "like me."

I have no initiative. I just shared someone else's thoughts for consideration here among fellow Auburn posters. :wareagle:

It seems to be working a little bit. Try it.

I'll play nice in this thread as I kinda ignored the spirit of the last thread.

The theme reminds me of something Denis Prager often says, and that's he prefers clarity to agreement.

And of course, the first part of clarity, or knowing what someone else is saying, is to listen to them, and not PROJECT the very worst , cartoonish version of what you think they're saying, and then attacking them for that, instead of their actual point of view.

Geez AUUSN......can't you find something better to be critical about. I also added "like me."

I have no initiative. I just shared someone else's thoughts for consideration here among fellow Auburn posters.

Oh yeah, just because you added the qualifier, 'like me' makes it all better. It was childish, and meant to insult her, so take your fake attempts and ....

I guess being civil is just not your thing. So be it. It doesn't work for everybody.

She is a public figure, open to factual comments. This IS the Political Forum after all. My hope was for more civility between posters here. Say what you want against political figures. It's a free country

I'll play nice in this thread as I kinda ignored the spirit of the last thread.

The theme reminds me of something Denis Prager often says, and that's he prefers clarity to agreement.

And of course, the first part of clarity, or knowing what someone else is saying, is to listen to them, and not PROJECT the very worst , cartoonish version of what you think they're saying, and then attacking them for that, instead of their actual point of view.

Geez, Raptor. I am impressed - if not to say, gob smacked. :o

Let's face it. Most people are focusing on the response they can fashion around a statement instead of simply considering the statement.

I guess being civil is just not your thing. So be it. It doesn't work for everybody.

Oh I'm civil, just not to your kind...

I have no initiative. I just shared someone else's thoughts for consideration here among fellow Auburn posters.

Oh yeah, just because you added the qualifier, 'like me' makes it all better. It was childish, and meant to insult her, so take your fake attempts and ....

Not that your rants are childish..... :dunno: And I'm sure Hilary is devastated by PT's comment. :-\

"can't we all just get along?"

Yeah right itchy, like you do that often. :-\

PT, you are doing a good deed. Do not be deterred by simpleton's. (that was not directed at you specifically itch)

AUFAN78........Thanks. I think the posters will judge for themselves who is giving it an honest try.

Continue your efforts PT. Please and Thanks!!

Ya. I'm calling this whole listening thing a crock and a set up. Last time I was asked a question and provided a response based off facts and discussion the reply was I can give a rats ass what you think and hit with personnel insults.

Its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

Throw up the unemployment rate and all this cheap talk gets :OnTheCan:

aufaninga......like I said, don't expect everyone to join in but don't lump everyone in your comments either.Go back and look at your post mentioning "listening" in the unemployment rate thread and note the only poster you call by name. Then come back and read this whole thread and tell me who you see making insults.

aufaninga......like I said, don't expect everyone to join in but don't lump everyone in your comments either.Go back and look at your post mentioning "listening" in the unemployment rate thread and note the only poster you call by name. Then come back and read this whole thread and tell me who you see making insults.

Well, here's a chance to actually test the sincerity of your appeal for better listening.

How about YOU going back through this thread and SHOW us those "insults". Keep in mind that expressions of skepticism are not insults.

The only one I found was "simpleton" and even that one was apparently addressed to the skeptics. Perhaps you need to "listen" better.

Archived