I post, you decide....

autigeremt

Having Sharia Law is one of the basic tennents of radical Muslims and maybe even desire of not so radical Muslims.

I decided that Americannews. Com is ridiculous.

It may be, but those are real people in the United Kingdom. Kooks for sure, but they can be dangerous and we need to address people like that in a very strategic manner.

"None are SO blind as those who WILL not see".......

Poe's Law here. This site looks like bad satire.

YEP:

http://lincolnreport.com/archives/118614

Sometimes sites are intentionally fake for humor's sake. Sometimes sites, while meant to be serious, are clearly biased or slanted. Either way, intelligent readers should question everything they read. One of my pet peeves!

Two hints:

1. Don't just read one linked article. Go to the site's home page and check the headlines of other stories. It is usually obvious, when looking over the totality of their content, if a site is satire or has a strong liberal or conservative slant.

2. If still in doubt, search or "google" the site for critique by independent sources.

YEP:

http://lincolnreport...archives/118614

Sometimes sites are intentionally fake for humor's sake. Sometimes sites, while meant to be serious, are clearly biased or slanted. Either way, intelligent readers should question everything they read. One of my pet peeves!

Two hints:

1. Don't just read one linked article. Go to the site's home page and check the headlines of other stories. It is usually obvious, when looking over the totality of their content, if a site is satire or has a strong liberal or conservative slant.

2. If still in doubt, search or "google" the site for critique by independent sources.

Here's a hint on the linked page: BREAKING: Obama Launches New Policies To Persecute Christians

So,...did they make up the video as well? I'm more focused on that than the site.....which looks like any other garbage site.

I'm seeing very little comment on the video, and a lot of dismissing of the website it appeared on.

The story is real. It's not a 'fake' video, by any stretch. I speculate that only such crackpot sites will run it because it's too controversial for most " legit " news sites to do so.

To deny these things are going on is to be intentionally naive. Or stubbornly blind.

I don't deny at all that the things reported in the video are going on. There are also neo-Nazis and Klansmen with nearly equal violent attitudes about non-whites or that endorse the genocidal policies of Adolf Hitler. In the 1920's and '30's there were those who supported the violence of Lenin and Stalin as simply the cost of creating their idea of a "Marxist utopia". We also have the likes of Westboro Baptists promoting a distorted version of Christianity, and this guy in California who wants to execute folks for committing sodomy: http://www.huffingto..._n_6786776.html *

I condemn all of the above, but I don't condemn all conservative whites, all Germans, all Russians or liberals, or all Christians because of the sick attitudes of a few. Nor do I condemn all Muslims because of the acts or beliefs of the most extreme.

And I have faith that good ultimately triumphs over evil in all the above cases.

[*This is also not an endorsement of the Huffington Post as a site without spin...it's just the first link I could quickly find reporting the California story.]

I'm seeing very little comment on the video, and a lot of dismissing of the website it appeared on.

The story is real. It's not a 'fake' video, by any stretch. I speculate that only such crackpot sites will run it because it's too controversial for most " legit " news sites to do so.

To deny these things are going on is to be intentionally naive. Or stubbornly blind.

Yeah but who has denied it?

By denying the website and not commenting on the video, that's denying the video, be default.

By denying the website and not commenting on the video, that's denying the video, b[y] default.

????

With all due respect, I don't follow your logic. No comment simply means no comment. It doesn't imply denial or acceptance. I reject the general principles espoused on neo-Nazi or "Aryan" websites, but that does not mean I either reject or accept every particular individual statement or article that might be found on said websites. I have a Constitutional right to avoid self-incrimination, but invoking that right implies nothing about my guilt or innocence. Denial is an action, acceptance is an action. Refusal to comment is also an action, but it implies neither of the former actions.

Archived