Auburn vs. Long Beach State - game thread

Sort of a game thread though very late. The game started at 3. Auburn down 5-0, then 5-1. Bottom 7th, Auburn plates 4 runs and had runners on 2nd and 3rd with one one. Fielders choice and Draper was thrown out at home. Game is now in extra innings tied 5-5. 8th inning. A rule in women's softball is in place today. When a game goes to extra innings, each half of the inning begins with a runner on 2nd base. The player that made the final out of the previous inning is the one they put on base. They do this to prevent the extra inning games from lasting so long especially when they have multiple games at the same field the same day.

Long Beach gets a double down the line and scored a run. 6-5 Long Beach. I think there is 1 out...announcer hasn't said in quite a while. That's one thing I wish these announcers would realize. People are tuning it all through the broadcast and they rarely tell you how many outs there are or the score.

Auburn coming to bat in the bottom 8th down 7-5. Auburn will start with a runner on 2nd. no outs of course.

Abbott doubles down the line (which one I don't know) Waldrop (pinch runner) scores and its 7-6. Come on Auburn.

Carosone singles to center and a run scores and game is tied at 7. Runners at 1st and 2nd... Kasey Cooper coming to bat.... Come on Kasey....

Cooper singles through the infield, Howard rounds 3rd and they send her home....she SCORES....FINAL Auburn defeats Long Beach state in 8 innings 8-7.. WOW. Wish there had been tv for that one...Damn... War Eagle!!! Auburn's 2nd game should begin in about 30-45 minutes.

Some very clutch hitting in the last couple innings....a great win for AU....coming from behind.

Long Beach isn't a scrub team for those of you who might've thought that. They don't have a winning record, but they have already beaten UCLA this year. Definitely nothing to be ashamed of.

In game 2, AU leads Pacific 2-0 in the 4th. Kasey Cooper with a 2 run shot. Marcy Harper pitching well.

OK....AU takes game #2 today....4-1...good pitching job by Harper who went the distance.

2 more games tomorrow...stating with Arizona

The next few games will test thus club even more. I like the way the schedule has set up for them so far.

A shame that first game wasn't televised. Trying to listen on my phone and kept losing the broadcast in the 8th. It was awful.

Sounds like UF had a tough first game, too.

Too many good teams at this tourney not to be televised, at least online

Archived