Netanyahu Gets Election poll Boost

Proud Tiger

But but it was supposed to backfire.

Clearly, the voters are too stupid to see ( for now ) that this was nothing but a political stunt.

Well that makes him 2 for 3, so far.

1. Punk Obama, check

2. Bolster his political status back home, check

3. Sabotage the Iranian negotiations, pending

Too bad he didn't add a #4. Like maybe an alternative strategy for Iran.

You guys apparently prefer him directing US policy instead of Obama, so it would have been useful for him to tell us how he would like for us to proceed.

Just look how helpful he was to Bush and Cheney regarding Iraq!

Barry has no leadership ability. That's his own fault. Carry on.......

There was a better plan offered ... one that sucks less .

Presumably, you are still referring to the negotiations. If so, I was referring to a serious plan, as in realistic. Not a stalking horse.

Can you expand on that plan beyond it "sucks less"?

More sanctions until Iran chooses to act like a 21st century govt, at least when it comes to the matter of nuclear material.

I'm sure allowing them to hang gays and stone women to death would still be seen as acceptable, by the UN. Still haven't lifted that fatwa on Salman Rushdie, have they ?

More sanctions until Iran chooses to act like a 21st century govt, at least when it comes to the matter of nuclear material.

I'm sure allowing them to hang gays and stone women to death would still be seen as acceptable, by the UN. Still haven't lifted that fatwa on Salman Rushdie, have they ?

More sanctions aren't going to prevent them from rushing toward a weapon.

But you make a good point about the nature of the regime. In fact, just the other day I heard a comment that the only possible way the Iranian problem will be solved is by political reform that comes from within. That made sense to me.

So perhaps buying time for that possibility would be a wise course of action if it's available. The current agreement as I understand it would do that. Walking away from existing negotiations would not.

Showing recognition for the Green Revolution would have been nice.

This always was nothing more than political theater ...

I disagree

It didn't have to be but the administration made it that by acting like a bunch of 3 year olds pitching a fit.

It didn't have to be but the administration made it that by acting like a bunch of 3 year olds pitching a fit.

Seriously. Running away out of town, or Nancy Pelosi having a near mental break down on the floor as everyone stood and cheered, I truly question the stability of some of our elected officials.

1. Punk Obama, check

All good! Maybe he would be willing to return weekly until January of 2017? I'll contribute the popular $19 a month to a fund organized to pay his travel expenses.

1. Punk Obama, check

All good! Maybe he would be willing to return weekly until January of 2017? I'll contribute the popular $19 a month to a fund organized to pay his travel expenses.

Thanks for the LOL Mikey!!!

Seriously. Running away out of town, or Nancy Pelosi having a near mental break down on the floor as everyone stood and cheered, I truly question the stability of some of our elected officials.

I don't think you guys understand the whole background story to this visit, which is hard to believe. It's not like it hasn't been discussed on this very forum.

Willful ignorance I suppose.

Me too. Proudly so.......

I don't think you guys understand the whole background story to this visit, which is hard to believe. It's not like it hasn't been discussed on this very forum.

Actually, I do. But per usual when ever anyone dares to disagree w/ the Left, it's always because they " don't understand " , or " are too stupid to grasp the fine details. " Deniers of AGW are either shills for BIG OIL or simpletons, who are " anti-science " .

Please, try to be less condescending. If ya can.

Actually, I do. But per usual when ever anyone dares to disagree w/ the Left, it's always because they " don't understand " , or " are too stupid to grasp the fine details. " Deniers of AGW are either shills for BIG OIL or simpletons, who are " anti-science " .

Please, try to be less condescending. If ya can.

Up your game, if you can.

The primary theme to this whole episode is political. The Israeli/US relationship has been politicized. Netanyahu could have given this speech two weeks from now. It was timed for the Israeli election. Obama was very deliberately disrespected.

To claim that Obama disrespected Netanyahu is ridiculous. Like I said, it was exactly the opposite.

So if you don't like the condescension that results from such assertions, then up your game. If you can.

Or you could stop with the condescending nonsense.

And anyone who doesn't see Obama as dissin' Bibi , when the whole world knows he can't stand him, I guess there's no talking to you on this matter.

Or you could stop with the condescending nonsense.

And anyone who doesn't see Obama as dissin' Bibi , when the whole world knows he can't stand him, I guess there's no talking to you on this matter.

It's not nonsense. Even sensible conservatives know what happened. It's apparent.

To insist it was Netanyahu who was being slighted by the episode is truly delusional.

I see you like to put up nonsensical qualifiers " by the episode " . Obama has snubbed Netanyahu in the past, and did so after the speech. There's no denying that, what so ever.

What YOU fail to understand is how this WH chose to move forward w/ talks with Iran right before the election in Israel. They HAD to know it was a bad deal, that Israel would object. Given that, and knowing that ANY comment of disapproval by Bibi could be cast aside as " mere politics " , gives Obama and the WH free reign to do as they please, and falsely criticize any negative remarks .

You really do need to take off your Obama colored glasses and see the world as it is.

Archived