Mother Jones -eating 3 meals a day is racist

TheBlueVue

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mother Jones don't need three meals a day.......they have egg on their face most of the time.

But, not surprisingly, they are routinely sourced in this forum as if they are in some way legitimate

Are there any traditional practices that don't have a racist component to it? Those evil white devils :nopityA:

http://dailycaller.c...-day-is-racist/

You sure are defensive about this subject. Just sayin....

I'd say you're pretty creative in yoor assessment process. I think MJ is a complete joke of a rag and its one YOU routinely lean on for support of your asinine points of view. You were made for each other..loons worshipping at the altar of loonies.

If you are a white man, then you are automatically a racist.

Attaboy. Show some solidarity with Blue.

Birds of a feather flock together....

What? You have a problem with him interrupting the "circle of love" that you and itchy carry on in here EVERY frickin day?

Are there any traditional practices that don't have a racist component to it? Those evil white devils :nopityA:

http://dailycaller.c...-day-is-racist/

You sure are defensive about this subject. Just sayin....

I'd say you're pretty creative in yoor assessment process. I think MJ is a complete joke of a rag and its one YOU routinely lean on for support of your asinine points of view. You were made for each other..loons worshipping at the altar of loonies.

I have referenced them once as I recall. But I don't rule out using them again.

Regardless, my references depend more on the specific article being referenced than it does the site publishing it.

(If you didn't know, different articles on every site have different authors and may differ in quality.)

At least homie is honest about his beliefs. I'll give him credit for that. He's an unabashed leftie. Itchy is.. well I don't know what Itchy is to tell you the truth. He's certainly not honest about things to be sure.

What? You have a problem with him interrupting the "circle of love" that you and itchy carry on in here EVERY frickin day?

Except our mutual respect is built on a regard for critical thinking skills instead of a common defensiveness about racism.

Big difference.

Except our mutual respect is built on a regard for critical thinking skills instead of a common defensiveness about racism.

Big difference.

Amazingly you accuse me of creating straw men but seriously YOU are the worst at that of anyone in here! Congrats! Im not in the least bit defensive about racism but I must confess am quite amused how MJ and many other looney tune operators can find racism under every bed in america. There are way too many people conducting way over the top searches for a problem to solve rather then objectively assessing what the problem really is and people like you believe every damned thing you read on those looney tune sites.

At least homie is honest about his beliefs. I'll give him credit for that. He's an unabashed leftie. Itchy is.. well I don't know what Itchy is to tell you the truth. He's certainly not honest about things to be sure.

He's actually very open and honest about his beliefs. If his point didn't fly over your head nearly every time he addresses you, you might understand them.

On the topic of websites with an agenda. Earlier this week, I completed a survey for Vox. One of the questions was "On a scale of one to ten how excited were you that the first African-American President was elected in 2008." Sounds like a loaded question to me...select anything less than 10 because you recognize who the man was and disagree with him and therefore was not excited about his election regardless of his race...you might be a racist. An agenda was apparent.

And should be punished for it.

And should be punished for it.

abolooby..otherwise how will we ever exorcise all that white guilt? :-\

Here is the actual article:

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2015/03/against-meals-breakfast-lunch-dinner

Rather than allowing another politically slanted source tell you what it is about, why not read for yourselves.

If you still believe the theme is, eating habits make people racists, then so be it.

Funny though, how every right leaning outlet has jumped on this ridiculousness.

Daily Caller

Tea Party.Org

Info Wars

News Busters

Free Republic

National Review

Patriactionary (I like that name)

Examiner

Pundit Press

ILJ Review

Conservative Junction

Liberty's Flame

Every blog and message board (Including this one) comes up with a simple Google search.

I give Fox credit for not jumping on this (hope that isn't premature).

In my opinion, this thread topic is silly and, the amount of emphasis placed on this article and, the attempt to redefine it's thesis, is ridiculous.

The actual article itself...in the title...says that dogmatic adherence to three meals a day is racist.

Plus the article cites a University of Alabama study. That alone discredits it.

He's actually very open and honest about his beliefs. If his point didn't fly over your head nearly every time he addresses you, you might understand them.

Yeah, I've never found ICHY to be ambiguous about his positions. In fact we disagree fairly often. But he is open to appreciating the basis of those differences, as am I.

He's good at playing the "devil's advocate - even when applied to his own beliefs. That is a very healthy trait IMO and I respect anyone who has it. I think tigger is confusing this ability to appreciate alternative views with a lack of conviction.

The actual article itself...in the title...says that dogmatic adherence to three meals a day is racist.

Plus the article cites a University of Alabama study. That alone discredits it.

Personally, I took that to be tongue-in-cheek.

It's hard for me to accept it was meant to be literal. It certainly didn't come from the book being reviewed nor would that "fit" with the tone of the review.

Boy, but it sure did strike a cord with the racially defensive, didn't it? ;D

You tend to label people and, attempt to put them into the appropriate box, based on your own interpretation of the contrived, popular narratives. Rhetoric allows for that. Reality does not.

Won't click MJ link .

Can someone copy/past

Trust me. It is an article about our typical eating habits with,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a tongue-in-cheek reference to racism and their origins.

You trust me? Don't you?

Won't click MJ link .

Can someone copy/past

Is this a personal phobia or a mechanical problem?

I think you may have put a finger on part of your problem. ;D

Archived