Auburn vs Xavier Game 1

Auburn up 6-1 in the 6th. Cole Lipscomb started and has looked solid. Cole may prove highly useful in some pen work during the SEC slate. Who knows, he might even slide into that Sunday starter's role? More impressed with the kid each outing.

@ITATJason: Auburn beats Xavier 7-2 to improve to 11-3 on the season.

Come on down! Going to be a nice day at Plainsman Park. Might tailgate.....

Final: AU 7, Xavier 2. Tigers improve to 11-3 on the season

11-3...,that sure seems like improvement over last year. I'm guessing the new pitching coach is having a very big impact!

The most glaring improvement is hitting. 10 or more hits in six consecutive games.

Defense also much improved, with another error free game.

Outside of about four guys the pitching has not been all that great. This staff is averaging more than a strikeout per inning.

Final: AU 7, Xavier 2. Tigers improve to 11-3 on the season

11-3...,that sure seems like improvement over last year. I'm guessing the new pitching coach is having a very big impact!

The most glaring improvement is hitting. 10 or more hits in six consecutive games.

Defense also much improved, with another error free game.

Outside of about four guys the pitching has not been all that great. This staff is averaging more than a strikeout per inning.

That's even better news! All I seem to hear about is the pitchers.

A couple bad games but mostly been pretty good. Gotta be able to throw strikes....that Jax game with 12 walks was awful...but seems that was an anomaly. Holladay has the experience to develop a good staff I think.

Can anybody summarize what Gabe had to say? I'm wondering if he's (currently) less contentious. Right now I would think the offensive turnaround is obvious enough for him to at least hold his angst in check. No?

Can anybody summarize what Gabe had to say? I'm wondering if he's (currently) less contentious. Right now I would think the offensive turnaround is obvious enough for him to at least hold his angst in check. No?

Good question....since I haven't noticed it lately, perhaps he's moved on...expect we were not the only ones who noticed his "style" and that someone suggested that he stick to commenting the game and not the coach. Hope so 'cause this is much improved team IMO. Baseball is about winning some and losing some...and folks have to take some loses in stride even aganst no-name teams.

Archived