2016 3* LB Tre Threat (AU commit 4/23/15)

RunInRed

Welcome to the family Tre! Great choice!! :)

Just watched his highlights and he looks like a promising LB. Welcomes contact, moves well on his feet in space, and when he start going downhill he hits hard. Excited he is part of the class!

Good to see this...235#....already has good size....tone him up and turn him loose.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting Tre says watching the Spring game was big in his commitment decision. That could be taken several ways.

Yeah, but I don't think it was a negative at all (as in, I didn't see much competition out there). Here's another quote from the free article I linked earlier in the thread:

"Each time I visited, I loved it," Threat said. "Watching them in practice, it was intense and energetic. In a game, it's a difference. During the game, they were locked in. During the A-Day game, it really stood out to me. I thought they played very hard, they hit well, there were minimum busts. They are swarming to the ball."

So, I read that as him liking what he saw because the players looked well-coached.

Plays hard and hasn't been to many camps as stated a couple of pages ago. He is Charlie Hustle for sure. Gamer. As living in the Mobile area, my understanding is he pronounces his name like Threet.

Welcome to the Family, Tre!

BTW RIVALS has him listed as a 4****

link

True but we use the composite.

Tre could still be upgraded to a 4*. there is a lot of time before signing day.

link

Definitely. The only company that has him as a 4* is the only company he has camped for, Rivals.

link

Definitely. The only company that has him as a 4* is the only company he has camped for, Rivals.

Tre is the sort of kid who demonstrates that counting stars is not an exact science. Would it be nice for him or us if he gets the star rating he deserves? I guess. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if it doesn't happen.

Isn't it also the case that there are so many good players (4* and 5*) in Alabama this year at LB that it makes it much less likely that Tre will move up, even if he does show out at camps? The important thing is that he is actually a good player, that the coaches want him, and that he wants to be at Auburn. That and the hat he wore during his commitment ceremony -- that's obviously important.

Even more important to me is his love of contact. He goes looking for the ball, and is not blocked easily, or for very long.

He is pretty strong, but needs to gain muscle, and he will be able to do those things in the SEC.

Even more important to me is his love of contact. He goes looking for the ball, and is not blocked easily, or for very long.

He is pretty strong, but needs to gain muscle, and he will be able to do those things in the SEC.

I think it's great that he loves contact, too. But the hat is the most important thing.

;)

Isn't it also the case that there are so many good players (4* and 5*) in Alabama this year at LB that it makes it much less likely that Tre will move up, even if he does show out at camps?

Alabama being loaded @ LB should not matter. If evaluators believe he's a 4* then he should be.

Isn't it also the case that there are so many good players (4* and 5*) in Alabama this year at LB that it makes it much less likely that Tre will move up, even if he does show out at camps?

Alabama being loaded @ LB should not matter. If evaluators believe he's a 4* then he should be.

I agree he should be and it shouldn't matter; but I'm asking about what is the case: is it true that there being so many highly ranked players above him may keep his rating down?

Also curious whether anyone knows the correct pronunciation of his name. Threeet or threat?

I'm asking about what is the case: is it true that there being so many highly ranked players above him may keep his rating down?

I don't believe so.

I agree he should be and it shouldn't matter; but I'm asking about what is the case: is it true that there being so many highly ranked players above him may keep his rating down?

Also curious whether anyone knows the correct pronunciation of his name. Threeet or threat?

Pretty sure it's Threeet. That's how I've heard the local sports show in Mobile pronounce it

Archived