Maylasian Air 370

Proud Tiger

I heard that the Australians believe they have some hope of finding the plane in the next few months if the weather is good for the underwater search. However it maybe decades before they find the plane and it may be because they are looking for some other reason. Planes lost during WWII in the United States have just being found recently.

I maintain my opinion on what happened to the plane but I won't go there again. It was hashed over on a long thread a year or so ago. Some pooh poohed my opinion but still can't prove it wrong.

I maintain my opinion on what happened to the plane but I won't go there again. It was hashed over on a long thread a year or so ago. Some pooh poohed my opinion but still can't prove it wrong.

Well we can hardly be expected to prove a negative, PT. By that standard, we'd have to lend credence to every wild idea.

I think Cthulhu ate the plane. Prove me wrong.

I heard that the Australians believe they have some hope of finding the plane in the next few months if the weather is good for the underwater search. However it maybe decades before they find the plane and it may be because they are looking for some other reason. Planes lost during WWII in the United States have just being found recently.

The deal with the WWII planes is fascinating to me. I love reading those stories and seeing the planes. There's a FB group devoted to stuff like that that I joined. Love it.

More interesting info. Incredible that the battery in the locator beacon had expired a year BEFORE the flight.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/03/08/world/asia/ap-as-malaysia-missing-plane.html?ref=news&_r=0

Somebody screwed up on the plane's PM. Note that there will be two of those locator beacons. One for the FDR and one for the CVR. The CVR's beacon was still operational. It's likely the FDR's beacon still worked for a little while.

Well we can hardly be expected to prove a negative, PT. By that standard, we'd have to lend credence to every wild idea.

This^^

Yeti's.

This was sent right before the plane went down.

Woman-shames-big-foot-passenger-sat-behind-her-on-plane.jpg

• 4 months later...

What I don't understand is why officials from Malaysia air have to fly to France to view the parts of the plane, which was found in the Indian ocean.

What I don't understand is why officials from Malaysia air have to fly to France to view the parts of the plane, which was found in the Indian ocean.

Probably because Réunion is a French island, and mainland France is where they would be most likely to send strange debris washing up on their shore.

Probably because Réunion is a French island, and mainland France is where they would be most likely to send strange debris washing up on their shore.

Umm, why not back to Malaysia ? :gofig:

Umm, why not back to Malaysia ? :gofig:

Probably because there is no certainty that it is from a Boeing 777, or that it belongs to Malaysia Airlines. More importantly, I suspect the French are far better qualified to examine debris than the Malaysian government or Malaysian Airlines.

What makes the French so expert on Boeing planes ? :gofig:

Perhaps because Air France operates Boeing 777's. Maybe because the French might have a better working relationship with Boeing, and better logistical capabilities than the Malaysians. Or it could just be that debris from a currently unknown aircraft washed up on the shore of a French island, and someone decided it was best to send that debris to mainland France for inspection. If Aeromexico lost an aircraft in the Gulf of Mexico a year ago, and aircraft debris washed up on the shore of Puerto Rico a few days ago, do you think the Puerto Ricans send it to Mexico?

I figured AirFrance uses Airbus planes. My bad.

They do use Airbus aircraft, just not exclusively. There is no real Airbus twin-engine equivalent to the Boeing 777, that is really the driving factor behind the Airbus A350 program. The A340 (four-engine) is the closest operational competitor that Airbus has. Air France operates 13 Airbus A343's, to be retired next year. They operate 66 Boeing 777's (25 772's, 39 773's, and 2 777F's). They have one 773, and 3 777F's on order, along with 12 789's.

I figured AirFrance uses Airbus planes. My bad.

They do use Airbus aircraft, just not exclusively. There is no real Airbus twin-engine equivalent to the Boeing 777, that is really the driving factor behind the Airbus A350 program. The A340 (four-engine) is the closest operational competitor that Airbus has. Air France operates 13 Airbus A343's, to be retired next year. They operate 66 Boeing 777's (25 772's, 39 773's, and 2 777F's). They have one 773, and 3 777F's on order, along with 12 789's.

See everybody ? You CAN learn something here on this forum !!

Umm, why not back to Malaysia ? :gofig:/>

Probably because there is no certainty that it is from a Boeing 777, or that it belongs to Malaysia Airlines. More importantly, I suspect the French are far better qualified to examine debris than the Malaysian government or Malaysian Airlines.

Same reason the Aussies are looking for the plane, it went down near their country. If it had gone down off the coast of Florida, we'd be looking for it. Also can anyone really trust the Malaysians with this. They have lost 2 Boeing 777s, one in the Indian Ocean and another in Ukraine because they flew over a war zone to save fuel...

Umm, why not back to Malaysia ? :gofig:/>

Same reason the Aussies are looking for the plane, it went down near their country. If it had gone down off the coast of Florida, we'd be looking for it. Also can anyone really trust the Malaysians with this. They have lost 2 Boeing 777s, one in the Indian Ocean and another in Ukraine because they flew over a war zone to save fuel...

Even if it did not go down near Australia, the Australians are the best equipped in the region to deal with a search of that magnitude. All of the western nations with the resources and experience to assist also have a better relationship with Australia than any other nation in the region. The Malaysians were certainly in no position to mount meaningful search and rescue operations, or coordinate a multi-national effort.

Archived