Redevelopment of Toomers Corner (City of Auburn)

autigeremt

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife actually laughed out loud at the tiger paw concept....but she is a Dukie....so what does she know? Me.....I think it is going to look great.

Those poor businesses! I have half a mind to drive to Auburn, climb over some barriers and through some dirt just to buy a Toomer's lemonade.

It wasn't like this was sprung on them with no warning. This has been planned for some time. They had time to prepare for it. I'm sure they will weather the storm as it were. Probably get more business in the long run as people come up n to see the new development.

Those poor businesses! I have half a mind to drive to Auburn, climb over some barriers and through some dirt just to buy a Toomer's lemonade.

It wasn't like this was sprung on them with no warning. This has been planned for some time. They had time to prepare for it. I'm sure they will weather the storm as it were. Probably get more business in the long run as people come up n to see the new development.

I don't know how you prepare for something like this....other than to give everyone a 30 day vacation. Does not seem any practical way for customers to safely by-pass the construction. Business interruption insurance? I hope so.

I believe it was announced a long time ago that all of those businesses would remain open during this project.

I don't know how you prepare for something like this....other than to give everyone a 30 day vacation. Does not seem any practical way for customers to safely by-pass the construction. Business interruption insurance? I hope so.

Let's be honest- summer isn't exactly boom town for Auburn economics. They'll make it back this fall.

Maybe it's just a good excuse to get a lemonade. Lol It just seems like it is taking a long time to complete compared to that huge jumbotron. It looks like they'll have that finished before the intersection is done.

The sidewalks are open, I have walked downtown a few times to look over the fence and inspect the progress. As you know the intersection is closed, but you can still walk around the intersection and get to all the stores. In fact we went yesterday and walk around the campus to look at the projects. They still have lots of work to do to finish all the landscaping areas by the first game. Our assessment was it going to look very good when they finish.

My wife and I drove down to AU on July 3rd to spend the day. You can still get around downtown pretty easily. The sidewalks are still open on all sides. It is great they are doing this during the summer as someone else in the thread mentioned, Auburn is not exactly a hotspot to hang out in in the summertime. It is pretty dead. It is all going to look great, and based on the latest picture posted by RIR, things are moving along quickly.

So obviously this area will have freshly paved roads, but will they continue that down each of the 4 roads?

Archived