Oklahoma Recruit Decommits after Fraternity Scandal

PatBoCamRob

I was thinking more along the lines of the location of Wallace's school house stand. But, yes, SAE was founded at Alabama. Fraternities aren't hate groups. They are liability insurance co-ops for stupid college boys and whipping goats for university administrators.

To decommit from OU due to the SAE incident and then go to Alabama would be a joke.

You have the Chi Omega incident at Alabama. Which only the individual was removed from the chapter itself. Then the greek system itself voted down a initiative to encourage (not mandate, just encourage) integration.... well the ones that were brave enough to show up and vote on it anyway.

Even the campus police is under current investigation for racism.

http://www.al.com/news/tuscaloosa/index.ssf/2015/03/university_of_alabama_police_u.html

I know individuals that attended both universities. Oklahoma is far far less racist than Alabama.

http://espn.go.com/c...ns-decommitment

My bammer buddies say they are going after him hard. My response was, "Decommit from OU and go to UA to get away from racism?"

My Ole Miss buddies are telling me Freeze is going after him too. With his parents heavily involved in his recruitment, I'm sure they won't be choosing Alabama or OleMiss if racisim is such a big issue for them. This kid is ripe for the taking, I'd think Oregon/USC or other west coast programs would be gunning for him now.

LOL! There's a damn 30 for 30 dedicated to the racist BS at Ole Miss and how deep rooted it is in it's history.

How any black athlete would consider Ole Miss is beyond me. Between its history, the confederate flags, and how they had to recently change their mascot it doesn't seem like a place that takes kindly to minorities.

I can't tell you how sick I am of hearing that fraternities are for "stupid college boys" and the like. Blanket statements like that simply show your ignorance. What these guys did was wrong, flat out. But don't crucify the entire fraternity system. It isn't for everyone, judging by your statements wasn't for you. But you come across as an arrogant, ignorant jerk when you make those blanket statements.

I can't tell you how sick I am of hearing that fraternities are for "stupid college boys" and the like. Blanket statements like that simply show your ignorance. What these guys did was wrong, flat out. But don't crucify the entire fraternity system. It isn't for everyone, judging by your statements wasn't for you. But you come across as an arrogant, ignorant jerk when you make those blanket statements.

Thank you Charleston! :bow:

Thank you Charleston! :bow:

Not to hijack thread but frats are great if its your thing. Nothing wrong if your a GDI either. Being a Theta Chi at AU with Shug and all my other brothers was fantastic and some of the best years of my long long life.

Let me clarify. All college boys are stupid. Fraternities give a portion of college boys the opportunity to associate and buy liability insurance together. Better? I'm not ignorant. I paid those bloated dues for 4 years.

hate that it happened. but it doesnt matter where he goes. racists are everywhere.

True, but if he's considering bama, then he needs a history lesson quick!

Archived