2016 4* QB Woody Barrett (AU commit 6/3/15)

RunInRed

Update: Woody Barrett commits to AU!

CGmL5VaUcAAQMXN.jpg

via @RyanBartow

Rhett Lashlee reacts ...

Warrrrrrrrrrrr Eagle! Great Day to be an Auburn Tiger!

@RhettLashlee

Think Woody Barrett will fit nicely in to Malzahn's offense. As a JR he passed for over 1,500 yards and 24 TD's also rushed for 800 & 9 TDs

@DerekTysonESPN

"He's got a really big body and great frame," Barrett's coach, Bob Head, told AL.com. "He doesn't have any fat on him. He reminds me of aSteve McNair or Vince Young type-body, he looks like a linebacker. He's really naturally strong and runs the ball like a running back. We're working on his accuracy, but he's really tough and plays with a reckless abandon and it brings the best out of his natural instincts. He's very dynamic."

Barrett led Class 8A West Orange (11-1) with 1,558 yards and 24 touchdowns through the air as a junior, while adding more than 800 yards and nine touchdowns on the ground.

Off the field, Head described his star player as a "really good kid."

"He's never given us one day of trouble," Head said. "He has not qualified yet and we're still working on his academics, but I feel like he will. He's a good leader and the kids really responded to him. He just needs to keep developing... he's got to do a lot of stuff on his own, but he has all the tools and all the intangibles."

http://www.al.com/sp..._for_quart.html

1393424.jpg

Ervin "Woody" Barrett, QB (Dual-Threat)

Orlando, FL (West Orange)

Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 213 | 40: 4.65

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 165, No. 5 Dual-Threat QB)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 80, No. 3 Dual-Threat QB)

Rivals: 3* (No. 16 Dual-Threat QB)

Scout: 4* (Scout Rank No. 267, No. 13 Dual-Threat QB)

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Penn State, Rutgers, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

3467946.jpg

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see it a lot but is it actually a preferred throwing motion to point the ball backwards when winding up for a throw?

I see it a lot but is it actually a preferred throwing motion to point the ball backwards when winding up for a throw?

No

No

I don't know many throwing motions where the ball isn't pointed backwards at some point in the motion. To name a few that do...Brees, Brady, Manning, Rogers

Just read an article from rivals on his visit, all I can say is, he is real real confident. NVNC!

Agreed. Almost too confident. I like confidence in a player, just not cockiness. His comments certainly seemed a bit cocky. I prefer humbleness. Walk softly and carry a big stick. I'm very hopeful that he can back up that confident talk.

Just read an article from rivals on his visit, all I can say is, he is real real confident. NVNC!

What's NVNC?

What's NVNC?

No View New Content. I figured I would keep posting it until someone helps me.

• 2 months later...

he set a commitment date forJune 3rd. Crystal Ball has him going to AU @ 83%

Nobody knows who our #1 target is at this time. If Woody decides to commit to us on the 3rd then we most defintley lose on Pass, who most (including myself) believe is our number one target. Expect to see some development from this in the coming weeks.

Nobody knows who our #1 target is at this time. If Woody decides to commit to us on the 3rd then we most defintley lose on Pass, who most (including myself) believe is our number one target. Expect to see some development from this in the coming weeks.

JMO but Wooody pick AU & Pass to Bama.

Agreed. Almost too confident. I like confidence in a player, just not cockiness. His comments certainly seemed a bit cocky. I prefer humbleness. Walk softly and carry a big stick. I'm very hopeful that he can back up that confident talk.

Rodgers, Brady and Manning are all extraordinarily cocky guys. They just grew up in environments where they were taught how to carry that.

I really think we have a shot at Pass. A lot closer then some think.

Never said it was not close. I just think the staff is ready to take one. And no matter what Woody says, AU is very high on his list.

Never said it was not close. I just think the staff is ready to take one. And no matter what Woody says, AU is very high on his list.

And I never said you did. Just reiterating the fact. I'm also playing favoritism as Pass is from my hometown and I think he's a better athlete than Woody.

And I never said you did. Just reiterating the fact. I'm also playing favoritism as Pass is from my hometown and I think he's a better athlete than Woody.

I haven't seen anyone report or say it wasn't close. I don't want the better athlete. I want the better QB & to be honest I think both have big bust potentials as QBs. I'm not sold on either one.

I haven't seen anyone report or say it wasn't close. I don't want the better athlete. I want the better QB & to be honest I think both have big bust potentials as QBs. I'm not sold on either one.

thanks for sharing.

Yeah, there's a blurb on al.com and his coach says he needs to get more accurate, fwiw But it is his coach.

Don't know if I've ever agreed with you more, E. Not sold on either and been disinterested in Pass for quite some time.

Archived