2016 4* RB/LB Devin White

RunInRed

One to watch ...

North Webster athlete Devin White is one of the premier prospects in the country and could make an immediate as a running back or a linebacker whenever he steps foot on a college campus in 2016.

However, if White has his way, he'll be lining up on defense and not with the ball in his hands 20-plus times a game.

"Most schools are recruiting me as a running back," White said. "I'm a good athlete so I can do both. I'm trying to get them to lean to the defensive side.

"I've been thinking and doing research. I looked at the draft last year and saw how many linebackers were taken in the first round and how many running backs were taken in the first round - which was none. And there were some good running backs out there. I think linebacker would be the best fit for me and my family and make it easier on myself. I'll work even harder to be a great linebacker."

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/02/north_websters_devin_white_wan.html

7_992896.jpg

Devin White, RB/ILB

Springhill, LA (North Webster)

Ht: 6-0.5 | Wt: 235 | 40: 4.5

- Picked up AU offer 2/18/15

- As a Junior, rushed for 2,287 yards with 30 touchdowns while also recording 93 tackles

- As a Sophomore (8 games), rushed for 1,094 yards and 20 touchdowns while finishing with 99 tackles

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 192, No. 12 ATH)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 196, No. 10 ATH)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals100 - No. 90, No. 8, ATH)

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Arizona Sate, Auburn, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisville, LSU, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, TCU, Texas A&M, Tulane and Tulsa, among others.

Hudl Highlights

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man....what will he look like AFTER a college weight program? I wouldn't want to see him filling a hole if I was a running back

• 2 months later...

Devin White in Auburn today?

Yup. I would personally love for him to come back for BCW. I really like him.

Free note on Devin White. Link

Scott Fountain is his area recruiter.

I'm told he left Florida at 5 a.m. so he could be at Auburn today to host White.

Important recruit.

Though I'd love to see Devin a RB, he'd be a good RB, if he wants to ply LB, then sign him up to play LB.

Though I'd love to see Devin a RB, he'd be a good RB, if he wants to ply LB, then sign him up to play LB.

He seems to pay attention to his future and he is dead on about rb's. Their longevity is not promising and salary is nowhere near linebackers

@DevinWhite_40: Really glad that I made the trip to visit Auburn #WarEagle

image.jpg

Holy smokes, he looks more like a DT than a RB in that pic.

Interesting decision for a guy from Louisiana to wear LSU colors during his visit to AU. Maybe he's practicing for signing day when he tears it off to reveal orange & blue underneath?

Interesting decision for a guy from Louisiana to wear LSU colors during his visit to AU. Maybe he's practicing for signing day when he tears it off to reveal orange & blue underneath?

FWIW North Webster HS colors are purple/white/black. Fairly common for kids to wear their team shirts, most of that clothing is provided to them.

:-\

Archived