2015 Spring Practice - Day 3

RunInRed

OC Rhett Lashlee

Lashlee said today was the first day in pads "And it went good."

Lashlee says Austin Golson has made a "really good" transition to center. Expects that to be a really good position battle w/Xavier Dampeer.

Lashlee on Peyton Barber: "I think he's comfortable in where he can begin an every-down back."

More on Peyton Barber from Lashlee: "It's his time. He's been patient. ... I think he's ready and he needs to be."

Can Tony Stevens have a breakout season? "It needs to be," Lashlee replies.

@wareagleextra

Lashlee: Today was first day in pads, did a lot of live team stuff.

Lashlee: Said will be interesting to see how the three running backs do this spring.

Lashlee: Roc Thomas has had a great offseason. Said has gained about 10 pounds. But is still just as quick.

Lashlee: Said Jeremy can make any throw. Also very smart and thinks the game like a quarterback.

Lashlee: Jason Smith is very talented. We have to find ways to have him on the field if he doesn't win the quarterback job.

Lashlee: Wants to have a good idea by the end of spring of who will be the starting center.

Lashlee: Reiterates that the offense lost 8 starters from last year.

Lashlee: Said the tempo has to get better. Also said coaches are looking more at time of possession.

Lashlee: said tempo is a big emphasis in the spring.

Lashlee: Said can see difference in defense. Says there is a "pep in their step"

Lashlee: Doesn't mind if all three RBs are all getting snaps and each put up 700 yards this season instead of one guy putting up big numbers

@DanaSulonen

Lashlee said today wasn’t a scrimmage, more situational practice

Lashlee: “We need to get more accurate throwing the football.”

RB Jovon Robinson adjusting to tempo, new schemes, but physically, “he’s ready to go.”

Lashlee says RB Peyton Barber has had a good first three days of spring ball: “He’s shown great strides."

Lashlee said this is WR Tony Stevens time to step up: "He’s got all the ability in the world.”

@JHokanson

*** Having an established wide receiver like Duke Williams: "He's a guy when he's covered he's open. It doesn't matter who you are that's a good safety blanket."

*** Have a more sophisticated passing game with Jeremy Johnson? "Nick (Marshall) could have done anything" but the way Auburn was built with Sammie Coates being vertical threat and Duke Williams being a middle threat, they did what they did in 2014. Rhett Lashlee says he "has some ideas" of what to do with the QB this season.

http://www.al.com/au..._rhett_l_1.html

RB Peyton Barber

Now we're speaking to Peyton Barber. On being in another running back battle: "I'm pretty much used to it to be honest." Says he likes it.

@wareagleextra

Peyton Barber relishing underdog role: 'I didn't come to sit the bench, I came here to play'

@JHokanson

Barber: says the running back trio is very close in terms of chemistry.

@DanaSulonen

RB Roc Thomas

Auburn RB Roc Thomas gained 10 pounds since last season, feels stronger and faster

@JHokanson

DE Carl Lawson

We've got Carl Lawson here. Says he "couldn't be happier" to be back and participating this spring.

Lawson: "This scheme is better for me. It's quick, short bursts."

@wareagleextra

Carl Lawson: "This scheme I feel like is perfect for me."

Carl Lawson, after knee surgery, says he's faster now than in 2013. He says his 10-yard split right now is 1.57.

@bmarcello

Lawson likes idea of playing the Buck position.

Lawson: Says he goes 100 percent until the coaches tell him to sit out and rest.

@DanaSulonen

Carl Lawson wearing knee brace during spring ball, doesn't plan to wear it this fall.

What does Lawson like about Muschamp? "You fight for your job very day."

Lawson, 260 pounds, believes he hasn't lost a step after his left knee injury

Lawson has been watching plenty of film on former Muschamp player Dante Fowler Jr.

@JHokanson

Lashlee: "We need to get more accurate throwing the football."

coach speak hopefully

Coach Lashlee also said that JJ is very accurate, so I do not think the issue is with Jeremy. Quote:

"He's got all the arm talent you could want." He can make "every throw in the NFL route tree."

Therefore I assume he is talking about all of the QBs in general and not referring to Jeremy.

Lashlee: "We need to get more accurate throwing the football."

coach speak hopefully

Coach Lashlee also said that JJ is very accurate, so I do not think the issue is with Jeremy. Quote:

"He's got all the arm talent you could want." He can make "every throw in the NFL route tree."

Therefore I assume he is talking about all of the QBs in general and not referring to Jeremy.

Just to play Devils advocate, having the ability and being able to do accurately and consistently in live ball situations can be separate from each other. I don't think that's the case here, but it is possible...

"We need to get more accurate throwing the football" That sentence has 13 syllables. Sean White is number 13. Coincidence? I think not!

I do love overanalyzing coach speak though in March. War Damn spring football.

"We need to get more accurate throwing the football" That sentence has 13 syllables. Sean White is number 13. Coincidence? I think not!

Ooh good catch

I think you're on to something.

#AuburncodetalkersU

I think you're on to something.

#AuburncodetalkersU

or he was talking about Nick Marshall. You know, need to get more accurate than last year.

Idk what everyone is talking about?! Nick Marshall is our QB and I'll stick with him till it's Johnson's our White's turn. I trust Gus!

What? Might want to revisit your opinion, because Nick is gone.

It's Johnson and White s turn.

Idk what everyone is talking about?! Nick Marshall is our QB and I'll stick with him till it's Johnson's our White's turn. I trust Gus!

... Are you for real?!? Marshall's gone ?! I wonder who Scott Loeffler will start?

... Are you for real?!? Marshall's gone ?! I wonder who Scott Loeffler will start?

]:)

I think it will be Clint Moseley he's supposed to be awesome. Won the Mr.Football award in 08 :bananadance:

I think it will be Clint Moseley he's supposed to be awesome. Won the Mr.Football award in 08 :bananadance:/>

Gabe Gross ... best two sport star since Bo.

Archived