2016 4* OT Scott Lashley

RunInRed

Visited Auburn over the weekend (3/14/15) ...

3488145.jpg

Scott Lashley, OT

West Point, MS (West Point)

Ht: 6-6 | Wt: 300

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 241, No. 26 OT)

Rivals: NR

Scout: 4* (Scout Rank No. 193, No. 19 OT)

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas State, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia Southern, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ole Miss and Tennessee, among others.

Hudl Highlights

What are they feeding kids these day's. He is 6'7" and weighs 300pds and is most likely still growing. Crazy!

• 4 weeks later...

I love having a tall coach Like Malzan when he stands next to a recruit I get a real feel as to how accurate the height and weight numbers are. This kids numbers are real.

• 1 month later...

I was really hoping that we could steal this guy. The short list of available quality OT's continue to dwindle down...

Agreed. Good pickup for Miss State on this guy.

Can we please slow down immediately putting profiles in the Rivals section when guys commit to other schools til we find out if the AU staff is moving on or that player drops on the target list. What I have heard is even though SL may be a tough pull he is still a top target for the staff & they expect to get him on campus. That's worth keeping in the AU recruiting section IMO.

Can we please slow down immediately putting profiles in the Rivals section when guys commit to other schools til we find out if the AU staff is moving on or that player drops on the target list. What I have heard is even though SL may be a tough pull he is still a top target for the staff & they expect to get him on campus. That's worth keeping in the AU recruiting section IMO.

This.

AU is still feeling out OT's.

How firm is Scott's commit to Miss. State? Hope we're still in the running for him.

Not very. He already decommitted.

How firm is Scott's commit to Miss. State? Hope we're still in the running for him.

Not very. He already decommitted.

HAHAHA. Did he really? Was on the road most of the day yesterday.

Solid as a rock a4e. Take it to the bank.......

It's been very difficult for us to pull kids from Mississippi through the years. I would love to steal this kid, especially since he is at a position of need.

• 2 months later...

Top 10 with Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Florida and Florida State

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1785021

West Point (Miss.) offensive tackle Scott Lashley's visit to Auburn on Tuesday was more about his mother. Lashley had visited Auburn before. His mother, Amy Lashley, had not.

"It was good coming back and bringing my mom so she could get a look at things and how it compares to other schools," Scott Lashley said. "It was very big because Auburn is in my top 10 and I wanted her to come here so she could get a feel for things, and if Auburn is the place for me I could get her blessing."

His mother's opinion matters and will weigh heavily in his decision-making.

"She's very analytical," Lashley said. "She's been to four colleges (Auburn, Alabama, LSU and Mississippi State) and she has the same notebook and she writes things down and we weigh out the pros and cons. She looks at things a whole different way than I do."

Except on Tuesday. The two saw things the same.

"She said she liked it very, very much, too" Lashley said.

Especially their meetings with offensive line coach J.B. Grimes and offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Rhett Lashlee.

"She liked it very much when we talked to them," he said. "Coach Grimes has coached a long time so I know he knows what he's doing. He coached standout left tackle Greg Robinson, who did exceptionally well in the NFL draft. Coach Grimes is good at what he does."

Lashley, 6-foot-8 and 300 pounds, plans to visit Georgia Tech this weekend. He'll return to Auburn in the fall.

"I'm coming back for a game," Lashley said. "Right now I really like what I'm seeing. Auburn is like a home feel. It's a very beautiful place. The famous atmosphere, the academics and the team is always up-tempo and hype, and the coaches, too.

"Everything is here, even the dorms. The dorms are the best I've seen so far."

Lashley recently announced his top 10 (in no order) of "Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Florida and Florida State."

Rivals ranks Lashley the No. 28 offensive tackle in the 2016 class and No. 13 overall player in Mississippi.

It's been very difficult for us to pull kids from Mississippi through the years. I would love to steal this kid, especially since he is at a position of need.

The problem with a lot of kids in Mississippi is grades. So much talent in Mississippi its crazy. uat does a good job in Mississippi. AU never really seems to recruit Mississippi hard for some reason.

Archived