Prince Tega Wanogho Jr.’s recovery ‘going great’

Weegle777

Great news!

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/auburn-signee-prince-tega-wanogho-jr-s-recovery-going-great/

Auburn signee Prince Tega Wanogho Jr. was on campus this weekend to get his first taste of Tigers spring practice. While he doesn’t enroll until May, Wanogho Jr. observed practice on crutches.

The best news to come out of the 6-foot-8, 250 pound Nigeria native’s trip to campus: he’s apparently ahead of schedule in his recovery from a gruesome broken leg.

Wanogho Jr., a four-star defensive end/athlete who played his high school football in Elmore, Ala., spoke with AuburnUndercover writer Keith Niebuhr after practice on Saturday and gave some positive updates on his recovery:

“It’s going great,” Wanogho said during a visit to Auburn on Saturday. “The doctor said I’m doing good and everything is going fine.”

He’s now “probably like 75 percent,” he said.

Wanogho enrolls at Auburn in May and is optimistic he will be fully recovered in time for fall camp.

“Yes, I will be,” Wanogho said. “It all depends on how therapy goes for me, but I want to play.”

Look forward to seeing what this guy can do in 2016. I don't think we'll see him next year but kid has a lot of potential to be a great one off the edge.

So, I keep hearing about how Prince Tega looked Saturday. More impressive even than he did just a few months ago, even!! Niebuhr went so far as to say that he looked more impressive than even Cowart, who, if you have never seen him, looks physically ready for the NFL already.

And still, in this day of Smart Phones w/ digital cameras, not even ONE pic?!?!

Tega may play next year. Just based on talent and athleticism . very excited about him

I dont think so, he will have to pick up the scheme and from what I hear they are expecting him to grow 4 more inches and gain another 30 lbs

Tega will most likely redshirt. But be prepared for 2016... He has talent like nothing I have ever seen.

Prince has a lot of learning to do. From what I have heard though, he is built really well and still has growing to to. He may be the longest DE we have ever seen; if as some people suggest he grows to 7' tall. The guy has only played one year of organized football and Pro staffers are already talking about his potential. If he takes to coaching and weight training, he could be crazy good.

I always love the "%" healthy quotes. I'm not sure there has been an athlete alive that is as "recovered" as is claimed. He may be 75% recovered to be able to watch TV but my uneducated guess is he is nowhere near that for playing tackle football against sec teammates. Glad he has the opportunity to redshirt.

Is he a real person ??

Is he related to Wade Christopher?

Wade Christopher did lead several exploratory expeditions thru Africa with the French foreign legion.

Archived