Grant fired at Bama

AURandy56

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised. I was actually surprised he wasn't fired last year. He had a similar run like Barbee. Had a good track record coming in and just never was able to get it going.

The only reason why they fired him now is because of Bruce Pearl. The Bammers now knows what kind of coach Bruce is and they also know what he has instore for the turds starting next year

Who they go after??????

Tony Barbee is available.

Right, he sits next to calipari on the kentucky bench and doesn't seem to have anything to do.

I wonder if the guy feels bad siting on the bench watching his old team play against UK twice this year. Somehow I doubt he cares at all about the shape he left auburn in last year. Thank goodness for Bruce Pearl.

Who they go after??????

Tony Barbee is available.

Right, he sits next to calipari on the kentucky bench and doesn't seem to have anything to do.

I wonder if the guy feels bad siting on the bench watching his old team play against UK twice this year. Somehow I doubt he cares at all about the shape he left auburn in last year. Thank goodness for Bruce Pearl.

Hard to know what condition Barbee left the team in....BP opted to try and win immediately and booted many of TB's younger players except KTH, TSD and Granger....brought in some one and done guys. JMO but this is BP's team...and it

s kinda lame to keep blaming TB for this season.

Still asking who they go after......I'm assuming someone that's in the tourney coaching now. Some up and comer or someone more established.

As for how barbee left the team I would just say not very good.

Still asking who they go after......I'm assuming someone that's in the tourney coaching now. Some up and comer or someone more established.

Of course, that is why he got fired....'nuff said far as I'm concerned.

Now this is going to sound wierd, but I hope they go out and get a dynamic coach who can sell the program, recruit and motivate his players. Why? Because it can help Auburn. Look at the situation between UNC and Duke. They have fed off of each other for years, and while I don't see basketball in the state of Alabama reaching that level, it can be much better than it is now.

The list I've seen is as follows:

Ben Howland (Former UCLA coach)

Bobby Hurley (Buffalo)

Gregg Marshall (Wichita St)

Steve Prohm (Murray St)

Bobby Hurley (Buffalo)

Steve Prohm (Murray St)

That's probably a realistic listing ....but I bet the bammers are not excited about the prospects of a single one of them.

Their list: Mike K, Roy Williams, Bill Self, Sean Miller, Rick Petino. If I were a bammer, I would settle for nothing less than one of those guys.

Bobby Hurley (Buffalo)

Steve Prohm (Murray St)

That's probably a realistic listing ....but I bet the bammers are not excited about the prospects of a single one of them.

Their list: Mike K, Roy Williams, Bill Self, Sean Miller, Rick Petino. If I were a bammer, I would settle for nothing less than one of those guys.

If I were them, I'd do backflips to get Gregg Marshall. Been to the tournament 10-of-16 years as a coach, including getting a #1 seed at WSU last year.

Bobby Hurley (Buffalo)

Steve Prohm (Murray St)

Knowing them that may just be their attitude. This is basketball not football. BP just sort of fell into our lap. It was the perfect situation for that to occur. There is no coach like that who is currently unemployed. Marshall at Wichita State would be good if he were willing to leave.

You know bama, they will offer:

John Calipari

Rick Petino

Bruce Pearl

Shaka Smart

I think it will be Petino, but Shaka Smart wouldn't surprise me.

I don't know why a coach would go to Alabama, a team that has not invested in it's program like Auburn has. With that said, the rumor today was Tom Creame from Indiana. He would be a very good hire for Bama. Indiana Alum are ready to run him out of town, so this may depend on how Cream does in the tournament.

I would also HATE to see Alabama be able to land Shaka Smart or Gregg Marshall.

You know bama, they will offer:

John Calipari

Rick Petino

Bruce Pearl

Shaka Smart

I think it will be Petino, but Shaka Smart wouldn't surprise me.

It would me. He has a good gig now. He's already turned down better jobs than that. Same goes for Marshall.

Auburn hiring Pearl upstaged the turds and you know how they HATE to be upstaged by AU. Wouldn't surprise me if they threw the bank at Pitino. But, with the Grand Canyon sized egos of saban and Pitino, that would be a huge pissing contest there.

Auburn hiring Pearl upstaged the turds and you know how they HATE to be upstaged by AU. Wouldn't surprise me if they threw the bank at Pitino. But, with the Grand Canyon sized egos of saban and Pitino, that would be a huge pissing contest there.

They aren't going to invest that much in basketball.

What makes you so sure?

I just don't think they care about it that much. It's still essentially a distraction between the end of football season and spring practice. Quite Frankly I was surprised that Auburn decided to make the investment they did with the Arena and going after BP. I'm tickled they did it but still was surprised. I could be proven wrong but I don't think so.

Archived