New North Endzone- Conceptual Renderings

IronMan70

Jay Tate at Rivals has a new article out about the progress on the feasibility study of the North EZ. Here is a link to the article and some of the initial conceptual renderings. There is also some interesting information in the article.

https://auburn.rival...asp?CID=1747047

end view

884%5C1667042.jpg

cross section view

884%5C1667045.jpg

completion view

884%5C1667110.jpg

JMO but I don't really like it. The baseball dugout style seating they mention that Miss State has is great if you're on the front row, but not so much if you're near the back. I also don't think that the media would like to be on the end of the field, I think that they would much prefer to stay on the side of the field.

I like the way that the brick wall currently goes around the entire field, but I do think that we need to modify the north endzone. I think that if we did something similar to what Arkansas did with Razorback stadium:

09-02-06-RRS-Ozarks.jpg

I think that style of closing in the stadium would 1. look very nice, and 2. Add to the "sound factor" of JHS. More of the sound would be reflected back into the stadium rather than leaving.

I'm not fond of the dugout either. But, if you look at that 2nd rendering, it's almost the same as Arkansas. The first 2 levels tie into the East-West sides, then luxury boxes, then a level of general seating above the boxes. The only difference is that AU has an optional terrace on top.

Dislike.

I say keep the current north end of the bowl intact, except for the very back few rows. Put in concrete pilings able to support a future upper deck, and cap them (like the current corner ramp pilings). Put in a mezzanine level of either sky boxes or club seats. Consider connecting the end-zone mezzanine to the east and west mezzanines if possible to maximize seating (I realize this would screw up some things, but so would corner video boards, an all options should be considered). If and when future growth allows, install an end-zone upper deck, with the option for a true horseshoe to maximize seating.

As I recall during the construction of the East Upper Deck, it was built to allow a future horseshoe design. I realize the horseshoe has fallen out of favor over time in favor of non-contiguous designs, probably because of costs.

Like the idea of the press box to the end zone. The idea that it would give more premium box seating to the sideline where the press box is located now. Revenue more productive.

Like the idea of the press box to the end zone. The idea that it would give more premium box seating to the sideline where the press box is located now. Revenue more productive.

Exactly. It's actually rare for the media to be "dead center" in most modern football stadiums. They are more often placed outside the 20s or even the corner of the end zone. I'm sure the radio and TV guys will still get booths on the sidelines, but most everyone else will be OK in the upper corner area.

Also, the media wants to be closer to the locker rooms for ease of access. If we move the home locker room to the north end zone, they will likely have a special elevator going straight down after games.

Even though I'd like to see more seats go around Jordan-Hare into a bowl shape, I kinda like this look that someone is considering. That being said though, maybe they find a way to close the 4 corners of Jordan-Hare which might bring it to a few seats more then what UAT has.

Even though I'd like to see more seats go around Jordan-Hare into a bowl shape, I kinda like this look that someone is considering. That being said though, maybe they find a way to close the 4 corners of Jordan-Hare which might bring it to a few seats more then what UAT has.

not really concerned about how many seats we have. I think when BD had just the two side upper decks they had fewer seats than JH does now.

The club dug out idea is silly. You can't see well from the bottom 3 rows today. Paying a premium to stand on the ground with a poor view of the game? You do get a good view of touchdowns being scored. The only way field level seating works is to lower the field playing surface 10 feet. Vandy did that several years ago and Tex A&M just did. They claim that's not possible at JHS due to drainage, but that would gain seating on both sidelines and endzones while improving the view. Unfortunately JHS was built in the 1930s as a multi purpose stadium so as to include a track. BD has the same problem, The track is gone but the sideline stands still follow the track layout.

This will effect anyone in the north end zone with season tickets. The visitor seating sections are also down there, so they would need to be moved.

The new north end zone locker room is shown, but there's nothing indicating how the team will enter the field. Behind the goal post as is done in the south end? A loss of seating area is needed for that.

Looking at the Arky end zone, they put temporary stands on top of their end zone deck. Must be pretty breezy sitting there in the wind and if you have vertigo, not good. auburn could set that up on the top deck and sell rather inexpensive tickets just to bump the capacity up.

I still like the horseshoe style. Then some years down the road close in part of the other endzone and have the new jumbo soreboard/flat

screen.

I like the dugout option, as it maybe for some... Not me but for some, also, with a mammoth big screen across the field, that takes care of what one might be missing.

I also like very much the idea of moving the press to the endzone..... I have been advocating for a while now...

I do not like however the scale of the pictured rendering posted in the thread. JHS is a beautiful stadium as is, it could be added to, but redrawn imo...... I am not a fan of breaking up the seat continuity.

Keep the current bowl look and feel, and add to it above and or below.... But do not make it disjointed as is shown in the rendering.

I wouldn't really call those renderings...it's a feasibility study to determine a best course of action. Fact finding is all with no lipstick and no real design. Just pointing that out for anyone not aware of how this process is planned. It appears thus far that brick and other aesthetic cladding decisions have not been vetted yet.

If the seating just inches closer to 90,000 that would be nice round number to leave it at. At any rate, chair back premium club seating and clubhouse is gonna be nice for the people with the dough,

it won't change tiger walk. The players will take the same route, they'll just walk down the sideline, or through the concourse to get to the locker room.

I'm a bowl guy. I have never liked the crazy designs that Toilet Denny and aTm stadiums have. they look like tackle boxes. I hate to say this, but I like the look of UGA's and Tennessee's stadiums. They are traditional will add to a home field advantage. The stadiums that add on like bammers is because they just pieced the thing together. Auburn has strategically added on over the years so that everything would be symmetrical. The horseshoe is the way to go in my opinion.

I do not want them to move our locker room. I don't want Tiger Walk to change!!!

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I have always thought the home locker room was on the south side, as well as the entrances for TW?

I do not want them to move our locker room. I don't want Tiger Walk to change!!!

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I have always thought the home locker room was on the south side, as well as the entrances for TW?

They are now. They are planning to move the locker room to the north side.

I also agree with A4E, if they are going to do this kind of renovation, I'd like to see them continue the bricked up outside around the entire stadium. I think that it will make the stadium look a lot nicer, and also bring it into the same style as the rest of campus.

I don't like the idea of moving the locker room either... So our guys will come out where the visitors and their band sit??? Makes no sense to me.

Archived